Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Last week's combo of Necrotic/Sanguine was really awful.

Anything with Bolstering sucks, especially grievous iirc.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

As a tank doing fairly high keys (21-23) Fortified necrotic sanguine is painful, it's such a tightrope act, if you go in with low defensives the healer can offset the damage before necrotic stacks too high, and you will have the heavy defensives for when damage can really go out, but you risk getting splatted every time you do that. If you go in with heavy CDs you will survive pretty well, but now the usual things that keep you alive during necrotic (Trees, snares, roots) will cause tons of sanguine healing.
    It's a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario.

Single affix? As a melee in often melee-heavy groups, I loathe spiteful and explosive

Compounding affixes? Tyrannical, Bolstering, Grievous.

Affixes that make trash more complicated/time consuming to kill in general are very dumb, especially when stacked like this weeks. Big pulls = more bombs, big pulls = more potential for mobs to bolster 1 or 2 to gigantic levels. Bolstering by itself is already an imbalanced affix. Depending on the dungeon it can be way worse, like Halkias shards in HoA. The Fort week that had Bolstering in S2 made HoA a big nope. Depending on the dungeon and how good/bad your healer is, Grievous sucks very bad. The worst is Shatter Reality in DoS and I go to solo my platform with a few stacks already on me before I port over and I die because I have no way to remove stacks from myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything with grievous or bolstering.
    Grievous because it's significantly harder to heal than other weeks, bolstering because it means you can't pull big packs

Inspiring also gets an honourable mention for just being annoying

Since last week, for me as a tank it's sanguine + necrotic, that was such a shitshow I think about just not doing M+ during that combo anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    Since last week, for me as a tank it's sanguine + necrotic, that was such a shitshow I think about just not doing M+ during that combo anymore.
    My favorite are mobs that plant themselves and cannot be moved in a sanguine even with abilities that normally move mobs.

I just hate storming. It is the most annoying for me, it isn't hard, it isn't a real danger, it is just annoying.

To echo what a few have said, last weeks with fortified+sanguine+necrotic was a pain. Only tanked 4 dungeons for the weekly then stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

You know as healer I find this week so much more pleasant in general than last week but last night discovered that explosive can go badly wrong in the right circumstances.

+15 Mists on mistcaller. We were going swimmingly through the key up to that point. Not a complete blaster group but everyone doing their job, clean, no deaths or scares.

Anyway, during the second guessing game, right when there’s a dodgeball, 3 explosives spawn in Narnia and we missed 2 of them in the panic of dodging all the other shit. Rip key.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickb View Post
    You know as healer I find this week so much more pleasant in general than last week but last night discovered that explosive can go badly wrong in the right circumstances.

+15 Mists on mistcaller. We were going swimmingly through the key up to that point. Not a complete blaster group but everyone doing their job, clean, no deaths or scares.

Anyway, during the second guessing game, right when there’s a dodgeball, 3 explosives spawn in Narnia and we missed 2 of them in the panic of dodging all the other shit. Rip key.
    Mistcaller is definitely an annoying boss this week, same as Tredova. Usually, as a healer, I mainly focus on explosives on the intermission while the dps burst the clone, because I can't trust pugs to focus explosives. If people are topped before the intermission they shouldn't die (unless they are completely braindamaged and focus the wrong clone or take every aoe). Tough luck if you're playing hpal though.

Tyrannical + anything or Fortified+anything

These two affixes are utter trash. It doesn't add anything to the game other than "bullet sponge". Fights doesn't really become harder, just longer and tedious. Why not have affixes that actually changed up shit and keep you active in the fight? affixes that is fun and keep you on your toes ?

On a personal level, I don't particularly hate any combination, because no combination isn't exactly what I would call hard. That said, I would go with Necrotic + Sanguine, and again, not that it's hard, but most tanks seem to really struggle with it, and that is a very frustrating experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickb View Post

Same thing happened yesterday in my +17. Explosive is such a non-issue on bosses usually that you almost forget about it... then one pops and as you said rip key.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Spiteful

It's totally anti-rogue affix. You cannot restealth and most of the time you have to run away from the melee. Hate it.
    no you dont ??? they have nerfed the shit out of them

As a healer:
    Grieves + Spiteful. I have run in to to many idiots that will sit there and face tank the adds instead of stunning or slowing them. On top of that I burn through mana because of the grieves stacks and unable to drink between pulls.

Necrotic + anything is bad when you dont have communication between you and the tank. Cant count how many times the tank is sitting on 40+ stacks and i drop ring of piece only for them to run straight back in to the mobs.

As a dps none really bother me. I will even say it as a melee dps Spiteful is not that bad tar trap, binding shot and intimidate are enough to deal with them on my own. You can tell which one is targeting you (big red) and just get out of the way of it. explosive is some what annoying only because I have not figured out a UI set up that makes them easily targetable
    Last edited by gorkos; 2021-09-17 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    no you dont ??? they have nerfed the shit out of them
    They 2-3 shot you easily at +15 and higher.

And you cannot restealth if they're following you(or you're in combat), so you cannot really prepare youself for the next pack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    The only affix at the low a$$ level I play at that makes me fume is sanguine - I wish I was a monk every single time that week happens I sware lol

I find tyrannical and bolstering is among the hardest to time, but usually just completing is easy.

I deactivated before that necrotic sanguine week, and I doubt I would’ve played much if active. (Although I would probably have had my pick of groups as one of the few tanks bothering to queue.)

Spiteful I don’t have a problem with in theory but the way it puts you in combat is very problematic in a lot of spots, especially Mists maze.

One other note is that this expansion I feel there’s enormous variance between the “open” dungeons like Spires and the “hallway” dungeons like Sanguine. Quaking and sanguine can be real problems in SD and Theater and spiteful and volcanic are no treat either.

Also naming a dungeon with a word used for an affix, I wish it was just Nathria Depths or something.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

This week I’m reflecting and I think with the right combination of team mates, any affix combo can be a nightmare. I’ve just healed some 16’s/17’s with tanks that just flat out refused to take any account of bursting in their pulls. And go mongo blasting from pull to pull without letting you drink at all. Definition of nervous breakdown. Although one of them I must admit was strangely exhilarating, basically spending the entire dungeon with everyone under 50% health, constantly close to oom until I got the loose mana power, trying to sneak in a quick 5 second drink but then having to cancel it because well tank has pulled another pack.

5+ Year Old Account
    I hate explosives and bolstering with fortified. Worst nightmare. I love volcanic with tyrannical. Can be anything else added to it. I don’t really mind.