Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Bolstering>>>> sanguine (I'm melee main)>>> anything else.

All of them. M+ was a significant part of the reason I quit WoW.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Not a fan of grievous with spite as a healer I have to say. Especially if you get a melee heavy group.

As healer, grievous probably gives the widest spectrum of pain. Some groups force you to do ~tank levels of healing for each and every one of them, better ones are tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    As healer, grievous probably gives the widest spectrum of pain. Some groups force you to do ~tank levels of healing for each and every one of them, better ones are tolerable.
    Grievous is an affix that inversely scales with the skill of your group. I try not to heal anything under the 16 keystone range these weeks. This week is doubly worse because Spiteful can also be taxing on your mana bar if your group is full of melee brains.

I would say spiteful... it isn't a hard mechanic by any means but its a massive annoyance for melee and range don't notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickb View Post
    Not a fan of grievous with spite as a healer I have to say. Especially if you get a melee heavy group.
    And as a tank spiteful+grievous is from the chillest end. Obviously you can and should help with controlling the shades, but mostly it's just blasting without a worry. As a healer, yeah, can be hell.

I do my weekly keys every week with every affix. As melee I dont really like sanguine for the additional running around doing nothing situations and grievous because it singles out healers that have no concept of triage healing.

But no affix combination comes even close to the difference between the dungeons. The easiest dungeons for PUGs (read: NO SKIPS) are easy no matter what affix week we got and the stupid dungeons (read; dungeons with skips) are stupid no matter how "easy" the affix is for the week.

I just filter out the stupid dungeons for my weekly keys and dont even check the weekly affix for my first key of the week, because it doesnt even matter at that point.

Lets forget challenge mode dungeon differences and just by looking at M+ since LEGION and how long Blizzard need to "fix" overtuned dungeons till they are even considered with a PUG, shows just how out of touch the content designers are. They have no idea what players like and have no clue what makes a dungeon hard or easy. The amount of changes some of the post added dungeons require, dwarfs new RAID TIER by the amount of iterations by far.

I enjoy dungoens the most in WoW since vanilla, but who ever was good with dungeon design and tuning is long gone and there is clearly no replacement for the missing dev.
    Last edited by Ange; 2021-11-23 at 03:37 PM.
    -

Holy crap. I have experienced nothing like Necrotic on 15+ keys. I have no words for what they expect out of a tank on higher keys for necrotic. Maybe add a ranged tank to the game and necrotic makes sense. What an awful week this was.
    Last edited by slime; 2021-12-06 at 01:07 PM.

Fortified necrotic sanguine is certainly a challenge. I hate everything that makes me kite.

This week hasn't been too bad to tank, but I'm a brm so teleport+rop+roll+tiger's list+kyrian phial make necrotic kinda a non-issue.

That said, I haven't tanked anything on my paladin this week lol.

As a tank, unfortunately kiting so your healer can catch up while doing enough damage to maintain threat is a serious part of the skillset.

The affixes that bug me most are bolstering, inspiring, bursting without a priest - basically anything that means I have to make tiny pulls.
    Dropahammer - Paladin
    Dropakeg-Thrall - BrM Monk
    Dropagrip-Thrall - Blood DK

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Holy crap. I have experienced nothing like Necrotic on 15+ keys. I have no words for what they expect out of a tank on higher keys for necrotic. Maybe add a ranged tank to the game and necrotic makes sense. What an awful week this was.
    Eeh necrotic is easy to deal with.

Of course I tank on a paladin and can ignore 99% of it lmao.

As healer (shaman), I think I have found a new most hated and its bursting anything. What do you do when your team insists on killing 15 mobs at once at high keys?

On my priest its fine, and i generally find shaman way better as a class but bursting unless the team recognises whats going on is a constant nightmare.

I did get the hang of Necrotic towards the end of the week, I guess it just had a sharper learning curve for me. It was the first affixes I needed to change up talents to make easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like anything w/ explosive. Not for any difficulty reason, but because most pug healers/tanks don't try to pop them themselves. They have this delusional belief that because you have to damage the explosives, they therefore must be a dps mechanic. In situations where there's 5+ at a time, I'll definitely help out, but I hate it when the tanks/healers can't manage to break 3 or less. I always remind dps when I'm tanking keys to not worry about them unless there's 5 or more at a time, otherwise I'm doing what I can to break them all and allow the dps to continue killing the adds/boss.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickb View Post
    As healer (shaman), I think I have found a new most hated and its bursting anything. What do you do when your team insists on killing 15 mobs at once at high keys?

I insist on bringing a Priest to Mass Dispel huge pulls that kill 15+ mobs.

If you don't have a Priest or a group that has various invulnerability/debuff clearing spells, and they are insisting on making those kind of pulls, then that group is absolutely stupid. Even if it's lower-keys and you are ahead of the timer by quite a bit; it is ludicrous to slow down your runs by purposely dying on pulls like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another week of Spiteful and another example of why I hate doing Spiteful weeks with pug groups as a healer. I wonder if most players are just generally unaware of their surroundings in dungeon/raid content.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Another week of Spiteful and another example of why I hate doing Spiteful weeks with pug groups as a healer. I wonder if most players are just generally unaware of their surroundings in dungeon/raid content.
    And then to have Necrotic on top of it when they both can have similar counterplay is absolutely painful. I usually do a key per class per week (or more), but this week has been 100% avoid.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    As a healer, I don't really mind Spiteful on Necrotic weeks. Since tanks spend so much time unhealable and forced to kite, I don't have to heal them as much, so it's easy to divert that attention to the oblivious melee that are facetanking ghosts.

But the spiteful/grievous weeks make me want to throw my computer through the window. Highest healing demand affix, but also I can't stand still half the time, and I can never drink. Fuck whoever thought to pair those two.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I just don't see what Spiteful adds to the game other than punishing melee in a completely unfun way.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore