Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    "Players who reach 80 Renown can purchase a Broker Mark of Distinction for 500 gold in Oribos that can be used on an alternate character to instantly grant the character up to Renown 40. (Cannot be used above 40 Renown.)"

The token only boosts your alts up to 40 renown, Last time i checked after around 40ish renown the chances of you getting renown from dungeons and pvp either drops significantly or doesnt drop at all. So that being said I still have to grind the campaign AGAIN on an alt for that remaining 40 renown? am I misunderstanding this? if not i think im just going to unsub till next xpac I cant for the love of my life grind ANOTHER campaign storyline.

As time goes by it's becoming more difficult for me to care.

Lots of good stuff coming our way. Looking forward to dipping my toes in the TBC content, and of course the new SL stuff!

9.1.5 looks to be a solid mid patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Yossh View Post
    "Players who reach 80 Renown can purchase a Broker Mark of Distinction for 500 gold in Oribos that can be used on an alternate character to instantly grant the character up to Renown 40. (Cannot be used above 40 Renown.)"

The token only boosts your alts up to 40 renown, Last time i checked after around 40ish renown the chances of you getting renown from dungeons and pvp either drops significantly or doesnt drop at all. So that being said I still have to grind the campaign AGAIN on an alt for that remaining 40 renown? am I misunderstanding this? if not i think im just going to unsub till next xpac I cant for the love of my life grind ANOTHER campaign storyline.
    Renown drops all the way up to current -2. so you can get 66 in dungeons currently. The further behind you are, the more likely it is to drop. So doing a dungeon with renown 40 from that item in 9.1.5 will be exactly like doing a dungeon back when 40 was max and you had 0.

What blizz might not have knowledge yet is that We don't want a piece of history till the next patch.

We want full stories and with good quality so that we wait for the next when it is released.

Gonna be back at the time of WOTLK, each zone had it's story that build a main one.

On Pandaria we had new dailies on released, a new zone to explore with the lore tied (throne of thunder)

On Legion also had small stories tied to a large one. But almost all of them THERE WERE NO TIME GATE TO STORY.

Putting time gate content only makes ppl leave. Because... if they need to wait for content, they won't keep subs. And that's the story is going...
    Blizz keeps trying to put us hyped for the next release with hanging endings... but ppl leave with that.

BFA was bad, very bad... that campaing story content... time gating is bad, like a lot

Anyway... I talked too much and got away from things I wanted to explain... you guys can have an idea of what I was wanting to say

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    So..... basically its a post, saying the same things they've already said multiple times. At least we know two facts:

1. 9.1.5 is at least 1 month out
    Logical, knowing most PTR cycles for a .5 patch would suggest a October/November release.

2. 9.2 (patch with actual content), is minimum 6-8 months away (if ever), and is definitely the last patch of the expansion.
    Good time for my sub to run out.
    ??????? Quite the leap, as that would make this a 8-10 months patch, which seems very unlikely, also (if ever) is fucking hilarious, you also question if the sun is going to rise tomorrow? Zero proof that 9.2 is the last patch of the expansion, and no can't know till earliest of the blizzcononline in February unless Blizzard comes out and says so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    "we done jack, pls dont leave, we have like 3m dudes playing, why has ff 22m players, ff bad wow good, plx come back".
    Hey now - they did change a ton of achievements names and other types of suggestive or lewd innuendos. That alone has to be worth like 4M players to return.

All while being sued again! Huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by stormrage666 View Post
    Gonna be back at the time of WOTLK, each zone had it's story that build a main one.
    And everyone bitched about how the Lich King just monologued and let us all go every time and that we shouldn't have seen him until later.

Bonus timegating: Sholazar Basin reps, limited raid attempts

On Pandaria we had new dailies on released, a new zone to explore with the lore tied (throne of thunder)
    And I was literally in a guild called "Duck Failies" because everyone hated the moronic amount of dailies so much.

Bonus timegating: the literal concept of daily quests, the farm, isle of thunder unlocks, flying the entire fucking width of Pandaria to take a portal to then run the entire width of IoT to do your dailies and then running the entire width back (unless you wanted to afk for your beacon to come back)

On Legion also had small stories tied to a large one. But almost all of them THERE WERE NO TIME GATE TO STORY.
    Except for Suramar, which was a massive part of the expansion's story, critical to progression in some cases, and also heavily timegated.

Bonus timegating: Legendaries, the entire order hall, everything to do with artifacts

time gating is bad, like a lot
    Except when you're remembering things from 10 years ago. In that case, we ignore all the extremely timegated content, gloss over everything bad, and claim the game was infinitely better and it's only now that you've been playing for 16 years and are still expecting a rush from playing the same videogame that this kind of design is "bad".

Wasn’t there something along the lines of making domination gear type agnostic?

I remember it was something like getting shards is hard, getting the gear is hard, and getting the bonus is hard on top of hard on top of hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Renown drops all the way up to current -2. so you can get 66 in dungeons currently.
    isn't some of the renown hardlocked to Korthia and Covanant compaigns? Since they said they will add an option to skip the covanant campaigns you've completed previously, you will also get the renown awarded during it. So around 7-8 renown each mean you can get to like 50 renown from the dungeon/raid content currently.

9.15 changes are good , late but good. Unfortunately most of the players are expecting new content such as me. New maps, new raids but we still hear nothing except 9.15 patch. Hope to hear future plans about Shadowlands from company.

I thought it was meant to be NEWS... It's about TBC, literal reused content, and announcements we already knew.

Azeroth - A Realm Reborn.

That would be meaningful news.

Else, just show me Diablo IV updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    [*]Players who reach 80 Renown can purchase a Broker Mark of Distinction for 500 gold in Oribos that can be used on an alternate character to instantly grant the character up to Renown 40. (Cannot be used above 40 Renown.)
    Really don't understand how WoW's Devs can't see that there are simple and easy to understand reasons for the influx of players that come at 1. launch and 2. patches x.2 x.3.
    For 1. we have the REASON: HOPE, and that is that players HOPE the new xpac will be good.
    For 2. we have the REASON: END_OF_BETA, and that is because at x.2 or x.3 we finally get the xpac's unique features as they should normally be at x.0 patch a t the start of the xpac. Also, Blizzard drops some of the barriers that make the game ALT_UNFRIENDLY, and ads most of the catchup systems in place.

With those in mind, while I can understand, "somehow", why they cannot get a polished version for their temporary systems, at the launch of the xpac, I really don't understand why they can't implement changes that would make the game ALT_FRIENDLY no matter of big x.1 x.2 x.2 patches. Changes like: reach renown 40 on main, then get an item, like "Broker Mark of Distinction" , that boosts your ALT to renown 40; finish all QUESTS on main, then be albe to have ALL of them finished on ALTS, not just MAIN STORY. I have 24 alts, there is SO much to do for ALTS just by gearing that it would not need anything else.

I've played for /played 60days since July 1st on 3 chars, but I've ignored 21 more. I would love to be able to focus on my main for 1-2 months after xpac launch or major x.1 x.2 x.3 patch, and then be albe to freely play on any of my alts without feeling the burnout of doing the same miserable things that, for me, it is NOT PLAYING with joy/for fun.

Blizzard hasn't figured things out yet, why people still play the SAME games like CS:GO, DotA 2, Fortnite, Warzone, LoL, RainbowSixSiege, hell even Blizzard's own Overwatch and Diablo 3 games, and they play it over and over even if those games have just a few changes every 1-2 years, and that is becasue people play those games for the GAMEPLAY. Even in Diablo 3, I come and play a season from time to time, but the first thing I do after I'm creating a new character is to get a 3min boost from 1-70. I could level my new season character by play it in story mode or adventure mode if I would WANT to do it for the twentieth time, but thank GOD there is a way for people like me to just get the char to 70 and actually just PLAY the game for the gearing part.

Adding choices like story mode vs threads of time was a good think, but it is about time that Blizzard realises this and makes Threads of Fate more ALT friendly, more GAMEPLAY friendly, letting everyone choose what is the content that they wanna "waste" their time with pleasure.
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2021-09-15 at 02:04 PM.

So..... basically its a post, saying the same things they've already said multiple times. At least we know two facts:

1. 9.1.5 is at least 1 month out

2. 9.2 (patch with actual content), is minimum 6-8 months away (if ever), and is definitely the last patch of the expansion.

Good time for my sub to run out.
    Where do they say 9.2 is the last patch of the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post

Blizzard hasn't figured things out yet, why people still play the SAME games like CS:GO, DotA 2, Fortnite, Warzone, LoL, RainbowSixSiege, hell even Blizzard's own Overwatch and Diablo 3 games, and they play it over and over even if those games have just a few changes every 1-2 years, and that is becasue people play those games for the GAMEPLAY. Even in Diablo 3, I come and play a season from time to time, but the first thing I do after I'm creating a new character is to get a 3min boost from 1-70. I could level my new season character by play it in story mode or adventure mode if I would WANT to do it for the twentieth time, but thank GOD there is a way for people like me to just get the char to 70 and actually just PLAY the game for the gearing part.
    Once people, that played wow for years, quit wow and play other games and perhaps likely find games that are fun, amazing and exciting without that gearing part aka carrot on a stick part, the spell is broken, and what remains is just a bad taste in your mouth.
    I loved to play diablo but never played it for the gearing part, i just played it, because i had fun smashing demons, sadly wow lacks even this, there is just the gearing part and there are other designs to annoy the hell out of the player, like the systems part, lockout part and gating part.

Better pull all resources and money into D4 and let wow rot. I cannot imagine current devs can or will pull out another legion expansion in terms of quality and excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Once people, that played wow for years, quit wow and play other games and perhaps likely find games that are fun, amazing and exciting without that gearing part aka carrot on a stick part, the spell is broken, and what remains is just a bad taste in your mouth.
    I loved to play diablo but never played it for the gearing part, i just played it, because i had fun smashing demons, sadly wow lacks even this, there is just the gearing part and there are other designs to annoy the hell out of the player, like the systems part, lockout part and gating part.
    I feel what you are saying, and respect that, and also would love to be able to play a game without a purpuse, but I need a purpuse to play in every game, in Diablo 3, every time I start a new season, I play either until I unlock all rewards, or until I clear a GRift I woul love to (110, 115); in Overwatch until I hit Diamond or something like that.

In WoW, on main and maybe another alt or two, I love to play Arenas for the rating. But on the rest of my characters, my target point would be something like either gearing full honor gear or full conquest gear.

The point is there are a couple of games that I'm playing from time to time, but WoW has just got crazy ALT_UNFRIENDLY and it makes it impossible to play it without getting burned out from repeating the same thing over and over just to get to the PLAYING part you enjoy.