Where were Muradin and Brann when Magni was turned into diamond ?

Where were Magni's brothers at the moment of the Shattering right after Magni was turned into diamond by the ritual he used to try to preserve Ironforge from the effects of the Cataclysm, and during Moira's coup in Ironforge until Varian sneaked into IF and then called for the creation of the council ?

I always have found their absence kinda forced given how close the Bronzebeard brothers are and how Magni was their oldest brother and king, especially to have Anduin and Varian being the ones to deal with their niece and call for the creation of the Council of the Three Hammers.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Muradin was probably finishing up in Northrend, what with the whole having just gotten his memory back and having been battling against the Lich King and the Scourge. Brann was off doing Brann things, presumably finishing up in Ulduar and making sure the Earthen were in good hands, that sort of thing.

So uh... yeah, they probably had no idea that Magni was going to attempt some sort of ritual at the time.

Brann's never around ironforge to the point where I don't think he particularly cares about dwarven politics.

Wasn't Muradin there when Varian forced the council upon them?

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Where were Magni's brothers at the moment of the Shattering right after Magni was turned into diamond by the ritual he used to try to preserve Ironforge from the effects of the Cataclysm, and during Moira's coup in Ironforge until Varian sneaked into IF and then called for the creation of the council ?

I always have found their absence kinda forced given how close the Bronzebeard brothers are and how Magni was their oldest brother and king, especially to have Anduin and Varian being the ones to deal with their niece and call for the creation of the Council of the Three Hammers.
    Are they close? Brann is always fucking off to ride dinosaurs and be ridiculous and zany, and Muradin was a mental potato in Northrend.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Brann's never around ironforge to the point where I don't think he particularly cares about dwarven politics.

Wasn't Muradin there when Varian forced the council upon them?
    Muradin was nowhere to be seen when Varian called for the council to be made.

Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head

Muradin served as representative on the Council and Brann was out exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    Muradin served as representative on the Council and Brann was out exploring.
    There was no council to be a reprensentative of at the time.

Brann isn't the easiest dwarf to track down. I wouldn't be surprised if the situation in Ironforge had already been resolved by the time he was made aware.

Muradin's absence was never expanded upon, as far as I know. We know he had returned to Ironforge but apparently left again at some point prior to the Shattering without actually telling anyone where he was headed.

Muradin was nowhere to be seen when Varian called for the council to be made.
    In the immediate sense, he couldn't be found - but by the time the council was in the process of being ratified he had returned to Ironforge and represented the Bronzebeards. Kurdran originally represented the Wildhammers, but he opted not to serve and instead put Falstad as the Council representative of the Wildhammers. It's also of note that Muradin was in Ironforge at the time of the Elemental Unrest pre-expansion event before Cata.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead