Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    A boost now is $60 to get you to 50 as such it's about $1.22 per level of if you do it from level 1 raising as you level yourself (using the boost on an allied race that starts at 10 will be $1.50 per level)

    So $3-$5 a level is EXTREMELY STEEP

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    I have tried to be very courteous in my optimistic thread. I don't think I've insulted anyone.. I may have disagreed with some points, but i've been cordial. People seem to go into threads (not just mine, but in my observation in general), make hostile replies intended to derail the thread, and then argue back and forth. Then observers like you say its a "warzone" when really its just 1-2 people who vehemently disagree with the premise of the thread. As for that thread, I decided not to continue to banter back and forth, and just be optimistic and reply with positive replies.

    As for this thread, its just an idea. And I labeled the thread as such. I feel i've been pretty cordial in my replies as well.
    I mean, if you actually want to pose this as an idea, the Official Forums are the place. MMO-C has little to no influence toward decision making about the game. But giving the current context, your blind optimism and your hardcore monetization leaning ideas, it's safe to assume that you are no less of (risking a ban here) a shill.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    I was leveling an alt awhile ago and I got to 57 and thought to myself, what if there were a level boost token that gave 1 level per token that could be bought on the AH just like the WoW gold token.

    In some cases I would definitely like a level boost token, that maybe cost 5-10$ on the shop that would grant a level when using, or you could sell it on the AH for gold.

    Would you use a level boost token if Blizzard added it to the game?
    Oh yeah, for sure, this should happen!

    Also just let us buy our gear from the in game store, tired of farming raid bosses and M+ for loot, i just wanna buy it. Maybe I can get a whole set of the best gear for like i dunno, $100? $200? sounds good to me, this way we MOST DEFINITLEY put the final nail in the coffin and bury this game for all time.

  4. #24
    Elemental Lord Santti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,155
    Seems redundant. And dumb. If you use it excessively, you are going to end up with very bad gear for you level.

    If you are going to put money into levelling, just buy the max level boost. It also fixes the problem with your gear going bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    I was leveling an alt awhile ago and I got to 57 and thought to myself, what if there were a level boost token that gave 1 level per token that could be bought on the AH just like the WoW gold token.

    In some cases I would definitely like a level boost token, that maybe cost 5-10$ on the shop that would grant a level when using, or you could sell it on the AH for gold.

    Would you use a level boost token if Blizzard added it to the game?
    people are complaining about how the game time token is an indirect p2w mechanic. why would you think ANY kind of token would be a good idea?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    I mean, if you actually want to pose this as an idea, the Official Forums are the place. MMO-C has little to no influence toward decision making about the game. But giving the current context, your blind optimism and your hardcore monetization leaning ideas, it's safe to assume that you are no less of (risking a ban here) a shill.
    ...Ida know his mannerisms point towards being a multi of another troll here...I'd put $20 that this is Ron Burgundy

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    A very successful one, if you consider that his account was made during this month and his "optimistic" thread has been up while being an absolute warzone.

    He's either an agent of chaos, Ion or a simple fool.
    considering that Ion quitted wow 1 month ago it could be true lol https://raider.io/characters/us/malganis/Gurgthock

    hes now a MMO Champ dweller
    I.O BFA Season 3


  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Oh yeah, for sure, this should happen!

    Also just let us buy our gear from the in game store, tired of farming raid bosses and M+ for loot, i just wanna buy it. Maybe I can get a whole set of the best gear for like i dunno, $100? $200? sounds good to me, this way we MOST DEFINITLEY put the final nail in the coffin and bury this game for all time.
    I'm against buying gear, which is direct power upgrades. Very against this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Seems redundant. And dumb. If you use it excessively, you are going to end up with very bad gear for you level.

    If you are going to put money into levelling, just buy the max level boost. It also fixes the problem with your gear going bad.
    The level boost only gets you to level 50. This would extend beyond that.

    I think it shouldn't be an option early in an expansion, but maybe after the first content patch drops.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    I mean, if you actually want to pose this as an idea, the Official Forums are the place. MMO-C has little to no influence toward decision making about the game. But giving the current context, your blind optimism and your hardcore monetization leaning ideas, it's safe to assume that you are no less of (risking a ban here) a shill.
    Its not blind optimism though.

    I've clearly stated that there are things that I dislike about the game, and there are things that I like, of which the changes to 9.1.5 are things that I like. Posting on the official forums is also a good idea which I have done in the past. Ideas are things to be discussed on a discussion forum right? Also, thanks for calling me a shill, really courteous of you.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...Ida know his mannerisms point towards being a multi of another troll here...I'd put $20 that this is Ron Burgundy
    The dates support this, might as well be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    considering that Ion quitted wow 1 month ago it could be true lol https://raider.io/characters/us/malganis/Gurgthock

    hes now a MMO Champ dweller
    How do you test your own game without playing it?

    Microsoft Excel

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Its not blind optimism though.

    I've clearly stated that there are things that I dislike about the game
    Yeah, problems you want solved by swiping a credit card, nice try.
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2021-09-15 at 12:33 AM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    The dates support this, might as well be.


    How do you test your own game without playing it?

    Microsoft Excel



    Yeah, problems you want solved by swiping a credit card, nice try.
    Its not really a problem though. It would just be a nice option to skip the last 3-4 hours of leveling if I so choose. I get you don't like the idea, that's fine, but don't flame me for wanting more options. And so what I chose to swipe my CC to skip something as trivial as leveling??... something that I see most players wanted to see gone and only have new content without having to level. To be clear, I don't want leveling gone, id just like options. If i make another alt, i might do the entire process 1-60. Maybe for another one, i get to 55 and want to skip a couple levels and finish off leveling.

    Options. Are. Never. A. Bad. Thing. IMHO.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Options. Are. Never. A. Bad. Thing. IMHO.
    If your "option" is throwing money at the game on top of the sub fee, Yeah, I would very much say it's a terrible idea.
    Sadly, they already came up with the idea a few expansions ago, so your idea it's not only terrible, but redundant as well.

    I'm out

  12. #32
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,134
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    I think it's a great idea, as well thought out as the most recent US invasion of Iraq.
    Love this comment and ya sig as well.

    OP: no. Just no. The boost they have is enough

  13. #33
    This is one of those threads where I would give my firstborn to see what is the OP's main account. But I'm sure such tools are out of Moderators' hands

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    This is one of those threads where I would give my firstborn to see what is the OP's main account. But I'm sure such tools are out of Moderators' hands
    Long time lurker, reader of threads, first time making an account here for me.

    Why do people think posters are someone else? Is it common for people to make multiple accounts here?

  15. #35
    High Overlord throcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Monkey Island
    Posts
    188
    I think your next thread should be "What do you think about letting WoW Devs go to your house and kick you in the face?"

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by throcha View Post
    I think your next thread should be "What do you think about letting WoW Devs go to your house and kick you in the face?"
    I'll accept those terms. But only if I pay 5 dollars for it - no more.

  17. #37
    Rare Candy?

  18. #38
    I don't think you should be able to boost a class you havent already hit max level with. That to me solves a lot of problems.
    Class Thoughts:
    Necromancer

  19. #39
    Sounds about as useful as a pay-to-click "I'm stupid." button.

    This is like a nanotransaction. There has to be a point where the value of something in-game is too small to justify putting a real-money price tag on it. Singular levels are a long jump over that line.

    Maybe some sort of in-game activity where you can earn a consumable of some sort on your main that you can mail to an alt of an appropriate level, and it'll give that alt a chunk of player XP, or boost their gain for a short time. Wasn't that something that was an actual thing at some point? I can't remember. But something like that sounds like it would be more feasible than this.

    If you want to donate to Blizzard, just do it. That fleeting, charitable feeling of contribution you'll get afterwards will be worth more than a few million XP.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2021-09-15 at 03:08 AM.

  20. #40
    Would you rather drive 500 miles to get to your holiday home or pay 40 quid to be teleported instantly?

    That’s how boosting feels, while it exists I feel like I’m just wasting my time by levelling. They say that it’s about the journey and not the destination but in WoW’s case, let’s be real, the journey starts at end-game for most of us.

    I would prefer if there was no MTX in WoW at all.
    Last edited by Zypherz; 2021-09-15 at 03:05 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •