Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Sounds about as useful as a pay-to-click "I'm stupid." button.

This is like a nanotransaction. There has to be a point where the value of something in-game is too small to justify putting a real-money price tag on it. Singular levels are a long jump over that line.

Maybe some sort of in-game activity where you can earn a consumable of some sort on your main that you can mail to an alt of an appropriate level, and it'll give that alt a chunk of player XP, or boost their gain for a short time. Wasn't that something that was an actual thing at some point? I can't remember. But something like that sounds like it would be more feasible than this.

If you want to donate to Blizzard, just do it. That fleeting, charitable feeling of contribution you'll get afterwards will be worth more than a few million XP.
    Why not have it in the game though? If people don't buy single levels, then they don't buy it. Again, its only an option to give to players.

I know I would take advantage of that option, but again, not all the time. If im leveling an alt and i get to 59 and I just want to get right into starting the end game grind instead of grinding out another level, its my prerogative to buy a level boost. At least thats how i look at it.

I've had this same idea so I of course approve of it

If Blizz is giving you 49 level boosts (1-50) for $60 then that means each level costs $1.22 so just round it to 1.25 and I'd call it fair.
    $5-$10 is nutty, that would be $245 - $490 for a 50 boost.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Why not have it in the game though? If people don't buy single levels, then they don't buy it. Again, its only an option to give to players.

I know I would take advantage of that option, but again, not all the time. If im leveling an alt and i get to 59 and I just want to get right into starting the end game grind instead of grinding out another level, its my prerogative to buy a level boost. At least thats how i look at it.
    Nothing I say is going to change your mind or contribute meaningfully to the discussion, if "Yeah, but why not, though?", "Don't like it, don't use it.", and "I dunno, man, I'd love something like this." are the cornerstones of your 'defense' of why this isn't a bad idea. Your mindset is impenetrable. You think it's worth it because you'd use it. I think it's not, because I'd never. It's... as shallow as that, really. So with all due respect, I'll leave it at our opinions differing and not splash in this puddle anymore. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I don't know about the OP, but there are a number of "white knights" on these forums that have the singular goal of goading folk like you into saying actionable things so they can report you and get you banned. Given that this post I've quoted shows reported and likely infracted, you've now learned this as well I just ignore and no longer respond to the bad faith posters here and only converse with people interested in actual conversation.
    I rather say what I want to say instead of being a yesman. I still have hope for this site, the amount of sockpuppets here are marginal.

Also, every time I get infracted, the message rewords what I said with a different term, that I use in the next vent.

Getting banned for not handling Bobby Kotick's balls with my tonsils would be as liberating as uninstalling the battle.net client.

This is the worst idea I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    there's 2 types of people
    poor people and people who have money.
    i don't mind spending my money on items if they are not over priced just as it saves time but poor people wont ever spend money cuz they dont have it but what they do have is time lots of time QQ

The mindless consumer might be only stopped by an empty wallet but others do it by principle.
    It might be unimaginable to you but others simply wont condone financially rewarding bad game design which is exactly what boosts are. You literally pay cause its too bad to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    I was leveling an alt awhile ago and I got to 57 and thought to myself, what if there were a level boost token that gave 1 level per token that could be bought on the AH just like the WoW gold token.

In some cases I would definitely like a level boost token, that maybe cost 5-10$ on the shop that would grant a level when using, or you could sell it on the AH for gold.

Would you use a level boost token if Blizzard added it to the game?
    Definitely not.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.