Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Would you rather drive 500 miles to get to your holiday home or pay 40 quid to be teleported instantly?

That’s how boosting feels, while it exists I feel like I’m just wasting my time by levelling. They say that it’s about the journey and not the destination but in WoW’s case, let’s be real, the journey starts at end-game for most of us.

Though with the price tags you’ve suggested, yeah, that’s a bit crazy. I’m assuming that if it did exist it would be a LOT cheaper for an individual level.
    5-10 dollars per level is cheap, considering the 1-50 boost is $60. I wouldn't mind paying the extra 50 dollars in some cases to skip the 50-60 grind. Obviously I wouldn't do it all the time, as I actually enjoy the leveling process, but wouldn't hurt to have the option. (i prob would never use it to skip a full 10 levels, but I like the option if I so choose.)

Can we also have a $20 Mythic Raid clear token too ?
    Oh - and a $20 2000 PvP rating token ?

Oh - and I'd like to pay someone to go and watch the latest movies for me too, is that a thing ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Oh - and I'd like to pay someone to go and watch the latest movies for me too, is that a thing ?
    Absolutely not. Ridiculous to suggest to sell player power in the shop. Really surprising coming from you as well that you'd even suggest player power being a shop item.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    5-10 dollars per level is cheap, considering the 1-50 boost is $60.
    And under your pricing, it would cost $250 - $500. How is that cheap? How is suggesting many times as much as the current pricing "cheap"?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-09-15 at 03:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

I'll go watch movies for you if you pay me

I suggested this for years, but even more specifically.
    1 dollar a level and you can buy any levels.
    I would have easily paid for 5 or 10 levels at various points on various characters.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And under your pricing, it would cost $250 - $500. How is that cheap? How is suggesting many times as much as the current pricing "cheap"?
    The idea isn't for you to boost 60 levels with level tokens now is it? Because that just wouldn't make any sense now would it? The idea is for 1 or 2 levels. Maybe its a level someone would rather just purchase a token for.

You have really taken a liking to my threads haven't you? I'm flattered. I know you are smarter than you come off in your replies, but you just can't help yourself can ya? By the way, I like your signature bud!

Funny thing is that if WoW ever went F2P that would probably be something you'd see. Probably increase the XP requirements by 1000% to make it seem more worthwhile lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good one.

/s

7+ Year Old Account
    The leveling experience is SO FAST now, there's absolutely no reason for anything like that... Just pick your favorite expansion and power through.

not sure what the use case would be as the leveling process has already been compressed enough as it is, its the 50-60 grind that can take a bit of time now since they did the level squish

even then if you can't be bothered to level from 10-50 or say were rerolling a class on another server, that's already a service you can get

The idea isn't for you to boost 60 levels with level tokens now is it? Because that just wouldn't make any sense now would it? The idea is for 1 or 2 levels. Maybe its a level someone would rather just purchase a token for.

You have really taken a liking to my threads haven't you? I'm flattered. I know you are smarter than you come off in your replies, but you just can't help yourself can ya? By the way, I like your signature bud!
    I like how you compliment people on there intelligence, it reminds me of the definition of the words "con man", it stands for confidence because part of conning people is inflating there confidence in themselves to the point that there critical thinking skills are impaired.

I think this is a great idea Blizz and I'm sure trading the last shreds of loyalty the players have for a few dollars instead of improving the game can only work out great.

Joke's on us, as WoW tokens basically allow the first two to happen easily even for a fresh max level character... just a matter of how many you need for the buying price.

But yeah, the leveling process is already a joke in more ways than one. If we made it even shorter via monetary transactions, it would basically be on the level of paying someone to watch a movie for you. I'm all down for more options for leveling though, like allowing you to level via Torghast or some non-traditional pathways to change things up a bit.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by throcha View Post
    No, thank you! I don't feel like giving Blizzard any more money.
    Then Don't?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, really.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I hate boosting. I hate the shop. I hate all of these greedy cash grabs, however, the OP has a valid idea. The price point is just off.

A boost currently costs $60 for 50 levels - or about $1.20 USD per level. Blizzard is already selling what the OP is suggesting. I think if they had a "per level" option, it could increase sales. How many people have got to level 30 and said "fuck this" and quit. They already put some work in to get to level 30, so the full $60 seems crazy. I think for $1.50 to $2 per level (or the gold equivalent in battle.net balance), is a fair exchange.

I was leveling an alt awhile ago and I got to 57 and thought to myself, what if there were a level boost token that gave 1 level per token that could be bought on the AH just like the WoW gold token.

In some cases I would definitely like a level boost token, that maybe cost 5-10$ on the shop that would grant a level when using, or you could sell it on the AH for gold.

Would you use a level boost token if Blizzard added it to the game?
    personally i have zero use for this. i play since 16 years and always leveled all classes to max level.

gimme „systems boost“ or „skip treadmill shit“ instead.

i pay blizz 50 bugs for every boost, if i can switch with this boost my main 2-3 times per xpac, without

- farming renown again
    - doing all that campaign quests again
    - farming conduits again
    - farming gems again
    - farming legendary recipes and mats again
    - farming Rhokan rep again
    - etc etc

blizz could earn my 200 bugs per xpac with this.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-09-15 at 05:57 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    yeah add more content to item shop this is the only solution to repair that game and ofc rename all achievments

Nice new burner account.

Maybe it's me not being rich and not living in the US, but it sounds ridiculous to me to pay for leveling in wow. Leveling can be done within like 2 days, or a week playing casually. Paying 60 euros just to get to level 50, which is not even the cap, sounds like a massive waste of money to me.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

It is pretty sad that we got now times when PLAYERS instead of DEVELOPERS are proposing their 'i want to pay money to skip game' ideas.
    Holy f...