Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Nice new burner account.

Maybe it's me not being rich and not living in the US, but it sounds ridiculous to me to pay for leveling in wow. Leveling can be done within like 2 days, or a week playing casually. Paying 60 euros just to get to level 50, which is not even the cap, sounds like a massive waste of money to me.
    Oh it's better than that, it would be over 400 euros, not 60.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion, dat u m8?

Jokes aside, I do think the idea of partial boost is not a bad one. Not really 3 bucks for 1 level kind of thing, but more like boost with flexible cost based on the levels that need to be boosted to cap, so something like 40-60 would be like 15 bucks or some such.

Now morals and hysteria aside, the idea itself is not bad IMO.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people are even replying to this. it's a thread made by a brand new account which only has one purpose: to shitstir to the nth degree. all this thread is for is to drum up more anti-Blizz, anti-cash shop sentiment, nothing more nothing less. There is no discussion to be had over this non idea because that is what it is - a non idea. It's not in the game, is highly unlikely to be added to the game (why would they when they have a boost already there) so we are discussing a hypothetical that will never happen

Mods, these are the type of threads that just should be closed because their purpose is just to shitstir and troll.

And this is why WoW died my son, it was not because of the company, but the players.

..... Or so they say®

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Options. Are. Never. A. Bad. Thing. IMHO.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overchoice

Long time lurker, reader of threads, first time making an account here for me.

Why do people think posters are someone else? Is it common for people to make multiple accounts here?
    Now we know you are an alt accout... lol... fess up.

I was leveling an alt awhile ago and I got to 57 and thought to myself, what if there were a level boost token that gave 1 level per token that could be bought on the AH just like the WoW gold token.

In some cases I would definitely like a level boost token, that maybe cost 5-10$ on the shop that would grant a level when using, or you could sell it on the AH for gold.

Would you use a level boost token if Blizzard added it to the game?
    Sounds great. 10 bucks a level, and maybe restore the old level number, so next expansion we're lvl 140. 1390 dollars for max level, let's go! Let's also multiply xp requirements back to around vanilla levels, so people have to slog through slowly otherwise.

Oh, oh, and let's make each expansions 10 levels equal vanillas 1-60 in the xp and time required. 100 bucks per char every expansion, or slog thru some more.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2021-09-15 at 08:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...stic-about-WoW

You made a thread about being optimistic about the game and now you want to spend seemingly massive amounts of cash to not play it?

Time to get nickeled and dimed
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

I was leveling an alt awhile ago and I got to 57 and thought to myself, what if there were a level boost token that gave 1 level per token that could be bought on the AH just like the WoW gold token.

In some cases I would definitely like a level boost token, that maybe cost 5-10$ on the shop that would grant a level when using, or you could sell it on the AH for gold.

I have another crazy idea ... it just hit me ... how about you pay 13$ a month and you know ... play the fucking game.

Next option will be pay 5-10$ to get +10 to your current ilvl. That would also solve the "boosting problem", right...?

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    It is pretty sad that we got now times when PLAYERS instead of DEVELOPERS are proposing their 'i want to pay money to skip game' ideas.
    Holy f...
    Its just corporate simping. Pretty conform with present time.

Reminds me also of this:

It would be just as insignificant to me as the 60 Euro boost, so...

I fail to see how 1 level would be worth any money spent considering how quickly levels go by, but far be it from me to pretend that my preferences = everyone's preferences.

yes, of course.i wish It for 9.1.5

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this certainly is an idea. Whether it’s good or bad… naw, let’s call a spade a spade: it’s a bad idea.

I only reinstalled today, haven't resubbed yet cos thought I'd use free time to roll a newbie toon and set my addons up (completely fresh install) then copy profiles over... but I noticed you can do a "class trial" which starts at 48. How does that affect the level boosty thing? If you buy a boost now, where does it dump you?

TBH, if I was leveling an alt and got to THAT spot where it all feels like a chore, doesn't everyone just jump into LFD for a couple of runs and ding through it?

10+ Year Old Account
    fuck no.

Here's a good idea; remove paid boost (and ban boosters, while you're at it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The current level boost service is $60, so I would say at most $1 per level.

That said, I think it's an awful idea, and it would make the game worse.

Another thread from the "Sept 2021" Account that is way too much pro blizzard with an avatar from a beloved internet series.

these vibes 100% but from corporate pov

10+ Year Old Account
    there's 2 types of people
    poor people and people who have money.
    i don't mind spending my money on items if they are not over priced just as it saves time but poor people wont ever spend money cuz they dont have it but what they do have is time lots of time QQ
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

How long have you been working for King?