Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Alleria needs to make an appearance in Shadowlands -- Sylvanas Redemption Arc

When I say Sylvanas redemption I don't mean make her good as a person. Nothing she can and will do for the next 5-10 years unless theirs a timeskip will redeem her villainous ways however her CHARACTER since the BOT to 9.1 can be saved [with good writing!]. Bolvar said he took her to Oribos. The only characters we have in Oribos are Bolvar, Baine, Thrall, Jaina, Calia, Talia, Tyrande, and the PC. None of them except Thrall have a former close and personal friendship type level to Sylvanas. With the Cosmic Forces arc coming in, Turalyon being the new leader of the Alliance and Stormwind and the Voidlords still not over and them being a threat and enemy to Death the perfect person to introduce in Shadowlands would be: Alleria Windrunner. There is no other better candidate than Alleria. Alleria:

Sylvanas' eldest sister
    Sylvanas' mentor and icon
    Left on a cliffhanger in the comic and the BFL cinematic
    Void Wants Alleria to kill Sylvanas because she is an enemy
    Easily will become the next lead figure in the next expansion almost guaranteed if it involves the Light
    Had no actual character development since 7.3.5, BFA prepatch, and 8.2.5
    Closest person to Sylvanas in life

Alleria can talk some sense into Sylvanas without actually forgiving what she has done. The Sylvanas she will be speaking to is one made whole. One she doesn't know and one she does. This also can lead in to finally shelving Sylvanas for a bit and pass Alleria the Windrunner spotlight torch.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

It would have made perfect sense for Alleria and Vereesa to be present in Shadowlands and Sylvanas' arc but they weren't taken to the Shadowlands or came here like Tyrande and the Knights of the Ebon Blade, and it isn't the first time that Blizzard missed or wasted an opportunity like that as seen with Tyrande and Malfurion not meeting Illidan at all during TBC and Legion, nor Azshara during BFA.

With the current writing team, only wish for appearances from characters/races/settings/plots/etc that you want to see utterly ruined beyond repair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Blizzard clearly hates Alleria and the Ren'dorei in general. They made that clear in Patch 8.3, when the Ren'dorei, the first mortal species in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers and ascend to a higher state of existence, were completely ignored. Anduin, looking for advisors to fight N'Zoth, called his boyfriend for aid and never even mentioned the Ren'dorei; despite the fact that Alleria of the Ren'dorei was the ONLY leader in Patch 8.2.5, prior to the battle at Orgrimmar, to propose an armistice so that the forces of the world could deal with N'Zoth. And despite the fact that the Ren'dorei devote their entire existence to fighting the Void.

That the Ren'dorei were completely forgotten in Patch 8.3 (aside from the non-canon, alternate dimension, gameplay-only Visions of N'Zoth), is proof that Blizzard has a clear bias and agenda against them.

It is therefore not a surprise that Alleria, who clearly stated in the game that she would be there to watch Sylvanas fall, was nowhere to be seen in Patch 9.1.

Clearly Blizzard believed that featuring Old Emma in this expansion was more important and meaningful than featuring Alleria Windrunner, one of the most interesting and compelling characters in the entire Alliance, who is also very connected to both the Jailer (enemy of the Void) and Sylvanas Windrunner (her weaker and more foolish sister).
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-09-15 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Blizzard clearly hates Alleria and the Ren'dorei in general. They made that clear in Patch 8.3, when the Ren'dorei, the first mortal species in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers and ascend to a higher state of existence,
    It is a race that was sadly born dead.
    Because there are already two races that have a strong culture of being able to handle the powers of the Shadow and the difference between shadow and void is not great enough to plant another race.

Bone largely the Void elf. They are Wardens or Shadowhunters. That they failed their tests and were corrupted by the shadows they are supposed to dominate.

The way I see it, it is very noticeable that the void elves are a race created in a hurry to get out of the way and not that they are really part of the plot.

But other than that Aleeria has no involvement against Nzoth if he is pathetic. The Pj has almost no reason to be interesting in the plot. (something normal in Blizzard)

If I had to guess based on what we've foreshadowed so far Sylvanas's next part will involve Anduin or, second candidate, Thrall. We haven't seen Alleria yet, and while her making an appearance could be interesting I suppose, I don't know what they could really do with that. Unless with those bullet points you're implying she sparks the next big plot point by the void influencing her to kill Sylvanas, which if that's supposed to be the "Alleria, what have you done?!" moment, I don't see it, because pretty much everyone would go "good riddance."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    It would have made perfect sense for Alleria and Vereesa to be present in Shadowlands and Sylvanas' arc but they weren't taken to the Shadowlands or came here like Tyrande and the Knights of the Ebon Blade, and it isn't the first time that Blizzard missed or wasted an opportunity like that as seen with Tyrande and Malfurion not meeting Illidan at all during TBC and Legion, nor Azshara during BFA.
    Pretty sure anyone can come now. Griftah is alive in Shadowlands trying to scam Brokers. There's no reason that Alleria/Vereesa cannot come.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    With the current writing team, only wish for appearances from characters/races/settings/plots/etc that you want to see utterly ruined beyond repair.
    Wow so cool, so edgy, much clout for spouting what you heard someone else say about writing team is bad etc. You can't even substantiate it so why are you spewing it other than the aforementioned reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Wow so cool, so edgy, much clout for spouting what you heard someone else say about writing team is bad etc.
    Awww, widdle thing is upset I was mean to Blizzard-sempai. Go buy yourself a transmog from the store to calm yourself down.

You can't even substantiate it so why are you spewing it other than the aforementioned reasons.
    Please explain to me why I owe you the effort of an essay arguing my point? Especially when I have written at length in this forum detailing my objections to the writing direction in many threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I would have this happen, but next expansion. I think wow needs a wider arc, and some lower stakes. I feel like blizzard is setting up Turalyon to be the next bad guy. I don't mind him being one of the next antagonists, but I don't think they should make him moustache twirling evil or Garrosh racist.

Instead, I'd make Turalyon and Alleria 'co antagonists', but not evil. My idea would be to have, in the name of properly, slowly introducing 'void', we would have something out there, in the desire to find out more about Azeroth, start 'interacting' through Alleria, maybe manifesting itself in dangerous, destructing or warping bursts of void energy, or something (and perhaps the void elves at large). I'd imagine a solution to innoculate them would go fine for the rank and file, but prove more invasive, painful and dangerous for Alleria. It doesn't go well at the first attempt, making Alleria lash out, perhaps involuntarily in resistance, and Turalyon reflexively taking her side. The two of them steal away and flee with a bunch of loyal compatriots, across the sea to some new continent in search of their own solution, and recklessly leaving a trail of damage in their wake.

Sylvanas' redemption comes in when Vereesa, perhaps movated by not wanting to 're-lose' her sister, breaks Sylvanas out, and the two of them go after Alleria and Turalyon, hashing it out between them along the way. I'd put other awkward pairings into the storytelling as well, perhaps things like Gazlowe/Tyrande, or maybe more pedestrian, Baine/Anduin. Overall, I want a more personal story with lower stakes, and perhaps something to introduce both the next real big bads, and perhaps some cross-faction action.

Blizzard clearly hates Alleria and the Ren'dorei in general. They made that clear in Patch 8.3, when the Ren'dorei, the first mortal species in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers and ascend to a higher state of existence, were completely ignored. Anduin, looking for advisors to fight N'Zoth, called his boyfriend for aid and never even mentioned the Ren'dorei; despite the fact that Alleria of the Ren'dorei was the ONLY leader in Patch 8.2.5, prior to the battle at Orgrimmar, to propose an armistice so that the forces of the world could deal with N'Zoth. And despite the fact that the Ren'dorei devote their entire existence to fighting the Void.

That the Ren'dorei were completely forgotten in Patch 8.3 (aside from the non-canon, alternate dimension, gameplay-only Visions of N'Zoth), is proof that Blizzard has a clear bias and agenda against them.

It is therefore not a surprise that Alleria, who clearly stated in the game that she would be there to watch Sylvanas fall, was nowhere to be seen in Patch 9.1.

Clearly Blizzard believed that featuring Old Emma in this expansion was more important and meaningful than featuring Alleria Windrunner, one of the most interesting and compelling characters in the entire Alliance, who is also very connected to both the Jailer (enemy of the Void) and Sylvanas Windrunner (her weaker and more foolish sister).
    To be fair, Wrathion adopted his flight's task of defending Azeroth against cosmic forces and therefore had done years worth of research on the Old Gods and how to fight them, going around Azeroth in search for long-hidden texts and artifacts. He's also neutral, which works better for Horde than Alleria, who at that point had become fully Alliance again.

I give you that the ren'dorei are currently underutilized. It's my opinion N'zoth should've posed a far greater threat than just one patch, giving more room for larger war-effort requiring more assets, much like the Legion did. BFA was like 66% about setting up the foundation for Shadowlands and 33% about wrapping up the Old God threat, which very much sucked.

Though it is also my opinion the void elves as a race is dumb. As their racial condition is about power they should've rather been a class like the Demon Hunters. I facepalm whenever I see a void elf shopkeeper or the like. Blizzard should've just given Alliance high elves and called it a day, especially as they've given void elves so much new character customization to lean that way.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2021-09-16 at 08:43 AM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Alleria and Sylvanas both need to hurry up and die already. And make it stick, damnit.

Add in that psychotic Vereesa too, for good measure.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Sylvanas will die during this expansion but I think she will become the new Arbiter - primarily because she and Anduin are the only ones who have had the Jailer/OG Arbiter's power inside them so they can handle it and Sylvanas will take the role over Anduin as some kind of redemption

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah dude, just like one orc will be present in kil'jaden downfall

oh wait

att his point you should not expect logic things happening to the lore

5+ Year Old Account
    Alleria hates her sister's guts, especially now that she's up to her eyeballs in grape juice. It would be quite tropey if e.g. Andy made Sylv to 'see the Light' (hue hue), as it has been hinted at, only for Alleria to step forward in the last minute and kill Sylv.

But that would mean that we'd have an Alliance-based antagonist, and that simply isn't allowed in WoW. Baddies are always Horde or third party, because muh Morally Grey™ world.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Blizzard clearly hates Alleria and the Ren'dorei in general. They made that clear in Patch 8.3, when the Ren'dorei, the first mortal species in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers and ascend to a higher state of existence, were completely ignored.
    the bold is only really something you and a few other posters around this forum really go on about.

They aren't the first to defy the shadows and they aren't free of the influence except in your fanfics

Sylvanas herself wasn't there when Lich King fell (and instead they made the one Paladin that was nowhere to be seen during the Scourge's onslaught the character that was leading the charge) so I'm not sure why Alleria should get better treatment in that regard. Besides, once we cure Blanduin he will be there to guide Sylvanas with his holy bones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    To be fair, Wrathion adopted his flight's task of defending Azeroth against cosmic forces and therefore had done years worth of research on the Old Gods and how to fight them, going around Azeroth in search for long-hidden texts and artifacts. He's also neutral, which works better for Horde than Alleria, who at that point had become fully Alliance again.

I give you that the ren'dorei are currently underutilized. It's my opinion N'zoth should've posed a far greater threat than just one patch, giving more room for larger war-effort requiring more assets, much like the Legion did. BFA was like 66% about setting up the foundation for Shadowlands and 33% about wrapping up the Old God threat, which very much sucked.

Though it is also my opinion the void elves as a race is dumb. As their racial condition is about power they should've rather been a class like the Demon Hunters. I facepalm whenever I see a void elf shopkeeper or the like. Blizzard should've just given Alliance high elves and called it a day, especially as they've given void elves so much new character customization to lean that way.
    The problem is that Anduin DOESN'T EVEN MENTION the Ren'dorei, despite them being the first race to defy the Shadows' whispers (as Blizzard clearly stated on their website). He is looking for advisors and he never stops to say "Hey, maybe I should also go look for aid from Alleria or Umbric, they'll have some advice or strategy that we can use against the Void!"; this was the big patch, the big moment where the Ren'dorei could have finally been in the spotlight.

And instead they were sacrificed to write more Wranduin.

The problem is that Anduin DOESN'T EVEN MENTION the Ren'dorei, despite them being the first race to defy the Shadows' whispers (as Blizzard clearly stated on their website).
    They say that about Alleria and Alleria alone. Not all Void Elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account

I agree with you. But I am very confident that we will hear very soon of Alleria and ofc Turalyon. The audio drama and the book are a clear evidence IMO
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I agree with you. But I am very confident that we will hear very soon of Alleria and ofc Turalyon. The audio drama and the book are a clear evidence IMO
    No doubt Alleria and Turalyon will be main characters of 10.0; because really, who would be left if not for them? But still, they could have received more spotlight BEFORE 10.0.

I mean, I guess it is cool that they were main characters in that one novel which, as per all expansion novels, is not really important in the grand scheme of things and often get retconned.

But they won't appear in Shadowlands. There's not much of Shadowlands left and they missed the opportunity to include Alleria in Patch 9.1. It is likely that the final patch will simply be focused on the current cast of characters without introducing anyone new. Which sucks, because all current characters are terrible and boring.