Addon for default keybinds change

Hello. I have a very annoying problem that I need help with.
    I'm playing on a German server and in order to type ü I need to press Alt + U combination (that is how my keyboard layout works).
    It seems that WoW has some built-in keybind for this combination. Every time I press those keys together everything that I have
    written in chat is erased and I have to start from scratch. I was looking through options in game and I was unable to find anything that could help me fix that.

Is there any kind of addon that I could use to rebind this "feature" to some other combination? I would really appreciate any kind of help.

Easiest way to fix that is go into keybinds in-game, choose something basic like whatever button you use to walk forward. Change that binding to the alt+u, which will unbind it from anything else. Then bind the correct key the way it was before. At that point alt+u shouldn't be bound to anything and problem should be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    Easiest way to fix that is go into keybinds in-game, choose something basic like whatever button you use to walk forward. Change that binding to the alt+u, which will unbind it from anything else. Then bind the correct key the way it was before. At that point alt+u shouldn't be bound to anything and problem should be resolved.
    Thank you for the idea, unfortunately it didn't work. I did exactly what you written and that keybind still existed. After that I tried something else. I added a Alt + U keybind to some random chat function, but I couldn't. Client was automatically adding Ctrl to my Alt + U combination. It seems that this keybind is somehow really important to the game and you cannot unbind it.

Why are you using alt+ u to make that letter? I am not german, but the german keyboard layout should have a direct key for that letter, in spanish we use that same letter but we just have to combine the "diaereis key" + U in the same way we type letters with accent mark (á, é, í, ó, ú).

Yes, on a german keyboard "ü" is a seperate key.
    I'm using a german Keyboard with EN WoW Client and for me Alt+U is not bound to anything (Registers as "u").
    Seems to be something with your keyboard setup

Yes, you may have a keybind saved on your keyboard for alt+u. Check that.