Poll: You decide: New class, Class skins, 4th specs, or New combos

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    For the purpose of.... *hint* *hint*
    For the purpose of lore-building. Not everything is a "set up for something in the future" or "solely to bring a new class or race into the game", you know?

What you said is the same thing. She is a Priestess of Elune. Not a Priestess and Elune's Chosen separately.
    No. No, it's not. The Warcraft 3's Priestess of the Moon character never healed. Neither did Tyrande in Warcraft 3.

A different direction? It's the same as the unit, just with a lot more flavor.
    It makes sense that she would heal, since she is a Priestess of Elune.
    Searing Arrows is obviously no longer relevant, since arrows coated with fire probably wasn't very thematic.
    Except it is relevant because, you know, it's part of the Warcraft 3 unit's abilities, an unit who wields a bow and can shoot magic arrows.

Coating your arrows with fire. Pay attention to the theme of the archetype.
    Show me where it says that it "coats the arrows with fire" and not that it's magically imbuing the arrows with fire.

Many abilities don't cross over, like:
    Judging by your examples, are you saying that imbuing her arrows with magic damage is somehow 'too complex' or anything?

The abilities are the representing part.
    Again, you're either moving the goalposts, or you're terrible at conveying what you actually mean.

You guys can mention the Tinker a thousand times in your comments, yet i am the one who gets banned in the end of the day. I'm simply tired of trying to justify myself. It's obviously a personal vendetta or something.
    Sounds a bit far-fetched considering you mentioned the 'T' on your own in your reply to me without me even coming close to alluding to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I would probably advocate for a self-heal talent added to Marksmanship as a baseline (since the other two specs have heals)
    They already do. It's called Exhilaration and it's already baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They already do. It's called Exhilaration and it's already baseline.
    Well there you go! Light of Elune could be rethemed version of this. It fits!

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Nothing really says a Class Skin would be only based on 4 abilities either, it'd be applying new visuals to the entire Hunter class (or specific specs, if decided) to fit the whole theme. So even stuff like Serpent Sting or A Murder of Crows would be adapted to reflect something POTM-like. That would be abilities that are new-to-a-POTM.
    "But, they never belonged to the WC3 PotM!" argument comes in here.

I'm not quite sure why you are insisting that a POTM needs to be a healer either. It's fully representable as a Ranged DPS class.
    Because it is not the whole picture?

The POTM Class Skin for Hunter is a Ranged DPS class. Why would it require healing in general? Warcraft 3 already established what POTMs are. I completely disagree that healing is a requirement for a POTM at all. Others have spoken out on disagreeing as well. So really, it's your word against... everyone elses.
    I didn't develop HotS. Blizzard devs did. And much like it, Warcraft 3 is a separate game. So, whether you take one for granted, and the other one not, is not totally being objective.

Shadowburn is used by many Dark Ranger NPCs.
    I'm talking about her raid abilities.
    Almost all of her HotS abilities made it into the raid, but you're right I see a lot of new ones too. Do you think that they'd give Dark Rangers these abilities or something similar? I don't think they'd get any domination abilities though, I'm almost certain those would be unique to Sylvanas.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

I didn't develop HotS. Blizzard devs did. And much like it, Warcraft 3 is a separate game. So, whether you take one for granted, and the other one not, is not totally being objective.
    And how is it any more objective by subjecting WoW to HotS' standards?

Another class skin I'd like to see is Mag'har druids with forms based on the Draenor Primals.

Lorewise, I think they could create something new and say these druids were infested who managed to break free and regain control of their minds. Perhaps there was some "Alleria-like" figure among the infested who overcame the will of the Sporemound but retained the ability to shapeshift into plants. This person could have then freed the others and started a Draenor druid order. Also, maybe they hijack the hive-mind nature of the Sporemound to create a sort of Emerald Dream of their own using this telepathic "all are one" mind network.

They would have some pretty awesome forms:
    Bear form=Genesaur form
    Cat form=Mandragora form
    Moonkin form=Botani form
    Incarnation: Tree of Life form=Draenor Ancient form (Mag'har-only glyph)
    Travel form=Lasher form
    Flight form=Spore form (A single spore broken off of the Sporemound, moves like the Night Elf wisp form.)

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Another class skin I'd like to see is Mag'har druids with forms based on the Draenor Primals.
    That's not a bad idea!

On the shaman side of this, they could get Breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That's not a bad idea!

On the shaman side of this, they could get Breakers.
    A Breaker-themed class skin for Mag'har shamans would be pretty awesome! Their shaman and hypothetical druid orders could be rivals of each other, making for an interesting dynamic between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I mean that is just pretending stuff doesn't exist. What I ment is they didn't have many options for another paladin race on horde side.
    that is the right action, because that stuff shouldn't exist lorewise, this is JUST gameplay purpose, if anything they could even improve it by using tauren paladin/priests in the DRUID campaign (even just 1 quest guest)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    that is the right action, because that stuff shouldn't exist lorewise, this is JUST gameplay purpose, if anything they could even improve it by using tauren paladin/priests in the DRUID campaign (even just 1 quest guest)
    Just give tauren paladins a sun druid theme class skin. Problem solved!

https://www.wowhead.com/news/goblin-...n-races-324234

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    Almost all of her HotS abilities made it into the raid, but you're right I see a lot of new ones too. Do you think that they'd give Dark Rangers these abilities or something similar? I don't think they'd get any domination abilities though, I'm almost certain those would be unique to Sylvanas.
    Yes, i believe so.
    It is a blueprint for playable Dark Rangers.

Lorewise, I think they could create something new and say these druids were infested who managed to break free and regain control of their minds. Perhaps there was some "Alleria-like" figure among the infested who overcame the will of the Sporemound but retained the ability to shapeshift into plants. This person could have then freed the others and started a Draenor druid order. Also, maybe they hijack the hive-mind nature of the Sporemound to create a sort of Emerald Dream of their own using this telepathic "all are one" mind network.

They would have some pretty awesome forms:
    Bear form=Genesaur form
    Cat form=Mandragora form
    Moonkin form=Botani form
    Incarnation: Tree of Life form=Draenor Ancient form (Mag'har-only glyph)
    Travel form=Lasher form
    Flight form=Spore form (A single spore broken off of the Sporemound, moves like the Night Elf wisp form.)
    Orc Druids are actually quite possible, since Orcs have a very animalistic culture (there's even an Orc Druid in Ashran) and the fact that the Shadowmoon clan worships the stars.

Just give tauren paladins a sun druid theme class skin. Problem solved!

https://www.wowhead.com/news/goblin-...n-races-324234
    That's exactly what class skins are for. To fulfill this missing Paladin aspect. Less so to create new classes.

New class. Caster/Healer. Every class added to the game has thus far been primarily a melee class. Even several incarnations of the 1 healing spec added have been melee-centric. The game is in desperate need for some new caster blood. That said, I do not have any ideas that don't piggyback off of existing classes. A 4th spec would just be cumbersome though, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    New class. Caster/Healer. Every class added to the game has thus far been primarily a melee class. Even several incarnations of the 1 healing spec added have been melee-centric. The game is in desperate need for some new caster blood. That said, I do not have any ideas that don't piggyback off of existing classes. A 4th spec would just be cumbersome though, imo.
    Actually, there we go - blood mage. Obvious built in applicability for both damage dealing and healing. Hell, you could even make a melee spec out of it if your desperate enough for 3 radically different specs, but Demon Hunters have proven that we don't need 3 specs for each class.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, there we go - blood mage. Obvious built in applicability for both damage dealing and healing. Hell, you could even make a melee spec out of it if your desperate enough for 3 radically different specs, but Demon Hunters have proven that we don't need 3 specs for each class.
    A new physical ranged would be preferable. We have more than enough casters in the game currently, and every magical school is covered many times over.

Priestess of the Moon, Shadow Hunter, Alchemist.

Blood mages are not healers.
    They sort of exist as Fire Mages.

Blood mages are not healers.
    They sort of exist as Fire Mages.
    Honestly, I was all ready to jump in here and tell you how you were wrong, that Blood Mages and Fire Mages were different, but, ummm. yea:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_mage

It is kind of confusing because there is also:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_magic

And one of the first lines from that article states "Despite their name, blood elven blood mages are not actually users of blood magic, as they use the fire and heat of what some fear to be demonic magic"

So yea. Blood Elf Blood Mages are just fire mages.

4th spec is the most work but also the most overall impactful, probably not going to happen. I would absolutely love it personally though and would be my #1 choice.

New class. I am of the opinion the game NEEDS to keep adding new classes. For many people, a new class is a very big deal. Even if you don't necessarily main it, the majority of the playerbase will at least play around with it at some point. 2nd choice.

Class skins are interesting. Basically 0 work for the balance team however the art team, which is quite amazing, could just go wild. I like this idea as well. 3rd choice.

I would also like to add simply removing race restrictions for all classes. Who cares anymore. Let people play the race they want to. Hopefully this is added when they remove the faction barrier so people truly can choose any race they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    4th spec is the most work but also the most overall impactful, probably not going to happen. I would absolutely love it personally though and would be my #1 choice.
    My question with a 4th spec really boils down to: "How do you roll it out?"

Do you have them all ready for launch? In which case you need to have 12 specs ready to go (or 11 if you decide to skip the Druid, in which case you probably piss off Druid players). That's fully 3 times the number of specs they have ever added to the game at once since launch. Considering the massive balance problem adding just three to the game when they add a new class, this seems like an undertaking that Blizzard just isn't capable of.

Or do you dole them out over time? Introduce maybe four new specs at expansion launch. Then four more at x.1. And the final four at x.2. This is almost certainly going to cause player strife as many players will have to wait for their class to get a shiny new something, which sucks. And this also has massive balance implications too.

For me it's one of those things that seems super cool, who wouldn't want more options? But I can't think of a good or elegant way to actually go about doing it.

4th spec, EASILY. Shockadin Paladins throwing light fireballs, lightning mages, give old survival hunters back to quell those kind of people.
    Mighty one, never forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    4th spec, EASILY. Shockadin Paladins throwing light fireballs, lightning mages, give old survival hunters back to quell those kind of people.
    How do we get 4th specs when Blizzard can't even come up with a third spec for Demon Hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    Honestly, I was all ready to jump in here and tell you how you were wrong, that Blood Mages and Fire Mages were different, but, ummm. yea:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_mage

It is kind of confusing because there is also:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_magic

And one of the first lines from that article states "Despite their name, blood elven blood mages are not actually users of blood magic, as they use the fire and heat of what some fear to be demonic magic"

So yea. Blood Elf Blood Mages are just fire mages.
    That's kinda based on old info from WC3, implying that they are more like a Destruction Warlock.
    I'm basing it off of this:
    https://heroesofthestorm.fandom.com/...thas#Abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    I would also like to add simply removing race restrictions for all classes. Who cares anymore. Let people play the race they want to. Hopefully this is added when they remove the faction barrier so people truly can choose any race they want.
    They'd have to come up with lore to back it up.