Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So did California invent a time machine and brought back all the nutjobs from 11th century that used to burn witches on the stake or something?
    they're almost there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Rofl, they replaced a picture of a woman with a bowl of fruit... So progressive! XD
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-09-17 at 02:37 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    How did you make that train of thought? Since when people complaining automatically mean that they are wrong?
    Context. People acting like the world is ending because they removed one an art asset in a video game are pretty much guaranteed to be wrong. For example look directly under your reply to me "Patch 9.1.5 - wow is officially dead, and blizzard itself killed it" - lol. If the WoW equivalent of a pinup getting removed is that big of a deal to you, it probably wouldn't hurt to touch grass. But this community loves to jump to conclusions even when those conclusions don't make much sense. Like /spit being removed, 100% a cleaning up their image change, nothing to do with the completely fabricated meme of people spitting on boosts in Classic. Nobody was actually doing that past the first 2 days if even then, so there'd be no reason to remove it because of that several months later. Or the mage tower coming back, it was a fun feature of legion and it's coming back with Legion timewalking with watered down rewards. But WoW's social media had to turn it into "Blizz is doing this because game is dead and they're worried." - If that was the case they'd do something that would actually attempt to get people back, not a mage tower with reskins of gear that nobody cares about. Sometimes a fun little feature is just a fun little feature, and this community is just toxic as hell.

And in this case is the art asset the problem or is it being removed because of who made it / who added it to the game in the first place? If one of the sexual harassers and abusers made the asset or said "Hey you know what Karazhan needs? Scantily clad pinups." I can see Blizzard removing it.

But yes if you're getting upset because they're removing a static image of covered fake titties that paints a pretty bleak picture about the level of maturity in the community. You can get a better look at covered fake titties on your own characters, you don't have to go to old zones and squint at the wall art. There's obviously a deeper issue with that particular art asset. But I've long given up on there being any hope for the Blizzard community at large to be anything but hysterical.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Context. People acting like the world is ending because they removed one an art asset in a video game are pretty much guaranteed to be wrong. For example look directly under your reply to me "Patch 9.1.5 - wow is officially dead, and blizzard itself killed it" - lol. If the WoW equivalent of a pinup getting removed is that big of a deal to you, it probably wouldn't hurt to touch grass. But this community loves to jump to conclusions even when those conclusions don't make much sense. Like /spit being removed, 100% a cleaning up their image change, nothing to do with the completely fabricated meme of people spitting on boosts in Classic. Nobody was actually doing that past the first 2 days if even then, so there'd be no reason to remove it because of that several months later. Or the mage tower coming back, it was a fun feature of legion and it's coming back with Legion timewalking with watered down rewards. But WoW's social media had to turn it into "Blizz is doing this because game is dead and they're worried." - If that was the case they'd do something that would actually attempt to get people back, not a mage tower with reskins of gear that nobody cares about. Sometimes a fun little feature is just a fun little feature, and this community is just toxic as hell.

And in this case is the art asset the problem or is it being removed because of who made it / who added it to the game in the first place? If one of the sexual harassers and abusers made the asset or said "Hey you know what Karazhan needs? Scantily clad pinups." I can see Blizzard removing it.

But yes if you're getting upset because they're removing a static image of covered fake titties that paints a pretty bleak picture about the level of maturity in the community. You can get a better look at covered fake titties on your own characters, you don't have to go to old zones and squint at the wall art. There's obviously a deeper issue with that particular art asset. But I've long given up on there being any hope for the Blizzard community at large to be anything but hysterical.
    You're completely missing the point. The bigger picture is the fact that blizzard is making these changes because they think that men can't handle having fantasy in-game. Additionally they, for some reason believe, that real world implications in their office have anything to do with in-game art. They're essentially promoting women to cover up because dudes can't control themselves. It's a dis to both men and women. It's a fantasy game. They should have spent that time changing and revamping their company policies instead. The point is that there isn't one and they're diverting attention to meaningless and unneeded changes.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goroxis View Post
    You're completely missing the point. The bigger picture is the fact that blizzard is making these changes because they think that men can't handle having fantasy in-game. Additionally they, for some reason believe, that real world implications in their office have anything to do with in-game art. They're essentially promoting women to cover up because dudes can't control themselves. It's a dis to both men and women. It's a fantasy game. They should have spent that time changing and revamping their company policies instead. The point is that there isn't one and they're diverting attention to meaningless and unneeded changes.
    lol. No. That's YOU manufacturing something to be outraged about. You're projecting your worse case scenario thoughts on to them without having any actual insight into the situation. You're actually making so many wild assumptions and coming to so many baseless conclusions that it's almost comical except it's really not funny.

Firstly you don't know why they removed this specific art asset. You're assuming, as is a lot of the community, but that assumption doesn't even make sense. There are so many other things in-game worse than this particular art asset, the fact that they're removing it indicates that there's something else about that specific asset that they don't like besides the content. You can mog any female character (or male) to be far more risque than that image. It's much more likely to be an issue of who created the art asset.

Secondly the people who are developing the game are separate from the people who are running the company and both are separate from the people making minor cosmetic changes, which ties into the third point which is that as a consumer you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes at Blizzard or with Activision. You're assuming that because you haven't seen anything announced that they're not doing anything to change the company behind the scenes.

And before you get into your bag of anyone disagreeing with you is shilling or white knighting or whatever I think Blizzard is 100% in the wrong and I think CA should fine the everloving shit out of them. I can also simultaneously be against manufactured outrage over an art asset being removed from old content lol.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Uhhhhh Blade Flurry?

It's hilarious how much character and attitude the original portrait is able to convey with its low resolution art compared to the replacement. Blizzard needs to hire better artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post

I wish you realized how sad this sounds lol

Indeed it is sad what state blizzard has put the game in, that i'm even thinking of resorting to such things.

Hopefully they they will revert some of the changes after the backlash.

"Women should cover up" is not the best of messages.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Reading sure is hard, isn't it?

I knew the second I saw this, that some idiot would get outraged at it. Thank you for not letting me down.
    I think you're the idiot here - he's right - It's a buff in PvP, you know, Arena, where there's usually only 2 or 3 targets?

I'll paint you a picture, since you can't seem to wrap your head around the math.

Before, it was 15% per target - lets say 2 targets, since most players play this bracket.

15 x 2 = 30% increased damage.

And with this buff:

18 x 2 = 36% increased damage.

Math is hard, right? Idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Your logic seems to be founded in feels rather than facts. It's really hard to have a rational discussion with that.

Second outraged idiot, thank you.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    In before the nerf