Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Yes, back then I was a naive kid going with the flow. Now that I play other games, I’m not seeing these practices elsewhere other than WoW. The entire game of WoW both retail and classic just feels like a money grabbing scam now.
    well this explains everything.

you don't know about other games who do the exact same thing as wow because you have only played wow and a handful of other games.

cause reality is kinda the reverse: almost every mmorpg does this and the few that don't are the exception. mmorpgs have traditionally also been fairly expensive games to play (not as much anymore though, everything else is expensive too now).

Need to wait for 6 months to see it again?
    I will be fully focused on a new gaming adventure around the same time as the release of 9.1.5 and was wondering, why not have timewalking be permanent, rotating on a weekly basis to a different expansion? Even then, legion content will still take a while to be seen again, but at least we would have a variety of content to do at max level for casuals.

What do you guys think?
    Horrible bad idea in every way.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, back then I was a naive kid going with the flow. Now that I play other games, I’m not seeing these practices elsewhere other than WoW. The entire game of WoW both retail and classic just feels like a money grabbing scam now.

- - - Updated - - -

And as much as I want to play it, there is so much more that’s making me not want to do so. At the moment I just wanna be able to play content I already paid for even if not at the originally intended difficulty or setup. Turning all previous expansion raids into something easier in difficulty, remotely queueable and playable with a smaller number of people, as well as a permanent rotation of timewalking are my top wishes for what I would love to spend time on when playing WoW. Just the bare minimum that other mmos are doing basically.
    You must be super young and not played many games since WoW is literally the least offense game to ever do this.

1. It has the single smallest and cheapest cashshop out of every single other game on the market. I mean seriously FF14's cash shop is nearly 50x bigger and more expensive. You literally have to pay money to use emotes.

2. Blizzard fully states in the ToS that things may and will be removed. Your fault for not reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    You literally have to pay money to use emotes.
    Oh damn, that's right, I forgot about all the new emotes and dances WoW routinely adds.

FFXIV has plenty of free emotes, including new ones you get as quest rewards.

What a horrible bad faith argument.

...You can give it a try when it's up next time, if you'll be available. If not, then the time after that...

Why are people making hens out of feathers like this? The rabid entitlement is stunning... If in-game events are "FOMO" practices now, then there isn't an MMORPG that doesn't utilize it.

But it's not "FOMO", ya'll are using terms you do not understand.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-09-17 at 02:27 PM.

Need to wait for 6 months to see it again?
    I will be fully focused on a new gaming adventure around the same time as the release of 9.1.5 and was wondering, why not have timewalking be permanent, rotating on a weekly basis to a different expansion? Even then, legion content will still take a while to be seen again, but at least we would have a variety of content to do at max level for casuals.

What do you guys think?
    It will never cease to amaze me how people think their personal entitlement somehow constitutes a reason.

YOU decide if you play the game at a certain time. It is YOUR choice and no one elses. If YOU want the rewards then you have to play at the time of the timed event. This IS your Freedom of Choice right there. No one is forcing you to do anything.

All MMOs with special events do these things. In SWTOR for example we had the Rakghoul event. It was only up for a short time and this iteration NEVER returned. They later added a different Rakghoul event that happens every few month. If you want rewards from that, you have to play during that time.

I am 90% sure the same goes for events in the oh so magnificent FF, but I might be wrong.

The most amazing part is that you think you were scammed simply because the content from Legion isn't 100% avaiable all the time. You paid for the expansion to play it then, you did not buy the right to everything in that expansion. The Mage Tower was always said to go at the end of Legion.
    They said it month before so that everyone had a chance to try it to their hearts content. It was even given permanent uptime for a while so that people didn't have to wait for the construction. If you didn't make it then you just missed your chance, it happens. Life is like this.

Seriously... this community... so many people wanted the Mage Tower back, now it is coming and of course the only thing we hear is complaints. Really, you people just want to complain and use every little thing as an excuse.

TLDR: It is your choice to play during the event or not. Do not blame Blizzard for your choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its going to be on rotation and not removed so it's not like there won't be plenty of time. I honestly don't understand the urge to get everything immediately. They are just recolors anyway. And the encounters haven't changed so if you did it previously you shouldn't have much trouble. Even if you didn't do them in Legion there are a ton of how to guides to help people out.

This person OP Obviously stated he wanted it so not sure what you are even talking about.