Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    All players should be able to class swap regardless of their current class. Armor is such a pointless limitation. Who cares if a Warlock has Plate on because they class-switched from a Death Knight? It's got the wrong stats, so it's gonna be shit gear anyways. You're gonna have to go to the AH and buy BoE greens and start back from Heroic Dungeons, and carry all that extra loot around with you in your inventory if you want to play that way. Bag space alone will make playing many different classes a massive inconvenience.
    Last edited by choom; 2021-09-16 at 04:57 PM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    SWTOR is a different beast from WoW in terms of this.

    SWTOR already has most of the legwork done to make it easier.
    Most armor you get now is Adaptive Armor, which will match the highest class armor you can wear based on your class.
    All classes use Mastery as a primary stat and the only specific stuff is the tank stats of Def, Absorb, and Shield.

    So, outside of set bonuses, most of the stuff is already there and that can easily be solved with having sets that will swap the bonus or just have generic bonuses for sets introduced.

    WoW doesn't have that.
    Has nothing to do with what the OP wants. in SWTOR you will have two loadouts with 2 different sets.

    In WoW terms:
    You play a plate wearer. Your loadout 1 is Protection Warrior, and your Loadout 2 is Frost DK. Both still have their 3 specializations. You could combine two warrior/DK/Pala specs into one char, eliminating one alt. In fact you have two chars rolled into one.
    Last edited by Alithia; 2021-09-16 at 05:56 PM.

  3. #23
    I don't know how impactful it would really be when most people have a couple alts already.
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

  4. #24
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Has nothing to do with what the OP wants. in SWTOR you will have two loadouts with 2 different sets.

    In WoW terms:
    You play a plate wearer. Your loadout 1 is Protection Warrior, and your Loadout 2 is Frost DK. Both still have their 3 specializations. You could combine two warrior/DK/Pala specs into one char, eliminating one alt. In fact you have two chars rolled into one.
    Yes, and in WoW, you can have loadout differences with your specs. (If you switch to Prot, you can switch armor as long as it is in your bag automatically switching spec.)

    In SWTOR, the only thing they are adding is the loadout switching which they lack. The rest of the stuff you are talking about as evidence for what OP wants, is already programmed into the game. The only thing WoW has is Loadout switching. (The classes are merely being untethered to from story).

    SWTOR allows for easier gearing because all classes have overlap, not true in WoW. So, you don't NEED completely different loadouts outside of weapons, and even that doesn't have to be true if you are switching between certain DPS specs in SWTOR.

    My point is SWTOR doing a change to how they handle classes isn't evidence that it could be done in WoW because SWTOR already has most of what is necessary built into its system, WoW does not.

    And OP wants you to be able to pick any class, not just restrictive to armor type. So you can be a Paladin and switch to being a Mage. I have already mentioned in this topic that it could potentially work if restricted to armor type.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-09-16 at 06:16 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Yes, and in WoW, you can have loadout differences with your specs. (If you switch to Prot, you can switch armor as long as it is in your bag automatically switching spec.)

    In SWTOR, the only thing they are adding is the loadout switching which they lack. The rest of the stuff you are talking about as evidence for what OP wants, is already programmed into the game. The only thing WoW has is Loadout switching. (The classes are merely being untethered to from story).

    SWTOR allows for easier gearing because all classes have overlap, not true in WoW. So, you don't NEED completely different loadouts outside of weapons, and even that doesn't have to be true if you are switching between certain DPS specs in SWTOR.

    My point is SWTOR doing a change to how they handle classes isn't evidence that it could be done in WoW because SWTOR already has most of what is necessary built into its system, WoW does not.

    And OP wants you to be able to pick any class, not just restrictive to armor type. So you can be a Paladin and switch to being a Mage. I have already mentioned in this topic that it could potentially work if restricted to armor type.
    Not sure you even play SWTOR?
    A Immortal Juggernaut gear looks totally different froma Fury Marauder, and both can now be on one toon.

  6. #26
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Not sure you even play SWTOR?
    A Immortal Juggernaut gear looks totally different froma Fury Marauder, and both can now be on one toon.
    I am not sure you played SWtOR in the last 5 years.

    Also, <<< Avatar.

    This is the armor set my Jedi Knight Guardian has: https://swtorista.com/armor/perfect-form

    I can obtain this same armor on my Sith Marauder.

    Armor for years now has been basically just adaptive. So Marauders and Juggs can wear the EXACT same armor now, as both Guardians and Sentinels.

    Now, this change will allow characters to wear the armors of the other "Force classes" but that is just expanding the sets into what random drop/quest armor is in the game.

    There are high level sets for any class: https://swtorista.com/armor/avenger

    This can be worn by ANY class. (But, set bonus is pointless on any non-Tank).

    So, yes, I play SWTOR, you clearly don't.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-09-19 at 02:08 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  7. #27
    Immortal Stormspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    7,868
    Just go play FFXIV. It's a better game anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •