Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to break something that works - and we have same raiding system since October 2014. This community complain 24/7 about many things, but very rarely it's raiding. Leave it alone.

This question puzzles me whenever it pops up. Why do people complain about having lots of options and variety when it comes to challenge? If you think that trimming one difficulty level is going to suddenly allow Blizzard to start producing tons of content elsewhere, you're deluding yourselves.

raid difficulties are fine as they are

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    I've seen some suggestions from people that the 3 raid difficulties and the 1 tourist mode that we have right now is too many.

Do you agree? If so, how should Blizzard go about retuning and possibly reducing the amount of difficulties in the game?
    Why exactly would that be too many? WoW players differ enormously in skill, if any change to the nimber of difficulties would be warrented than only to make more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Normal mode can be removed imo keep LFR Heroic and Mythic
    Or you could remove "mythic"

and instead of having: LFR, normal, heroic, mythic
    you would end up with: LFR, NEW normal, NEW heroic.

New normal would become old heroic.
    And new heroic would become old mythic.

Just as things used to be before adding 4th difficulty.

I really think that normal and heroic need to be merged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Why exactly would that be too many? WoW players differ enormously in skill, if any change to the nimber of difficulties would be warrented than only to make more of them.
    Because, the more raid difficulties you have, the sharper of a power increase you get with each tier as you need 4 (or more as you are saying) different difficulties to make gear for. If we have less difficulties, we can have more concise item levels and not have to deal with having a stat squish every expansion.

Also, the more difficulties you have, the more you split raiding pools, and for many guilds the current progression is Normal ----> Heroic which is fine, but it's fairly irritating when you have 1/3 of your raid roster stop logging in whenever you clear it on the first difficulty.
    Last edited by Ticj; 2021-09-16 at 09:50 PM.

Nah, it's mostly fine. There's a difficulty for everyone right now. There's no need to run a lower difficulty than you're capable of, it's not like you have to work your way up. If you've got Mythic gear already, you just start in heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

They moved away from that for a damned good reason: Friends and Family guilds either did LFR, or didn't raid. And that sucked for those guilds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I really think that normal and heroic need to be merged.

- - - Updated - - -

Because, the more raid difficulties you have, the sharper of a power increase you get with each tier as you need 4 (or more as you are saying) different difficulties to make gear for.
    The advance in ilvl from one difficulty mode to the same difficulty mode in the next tier can be independent of how many difficulty modes there are, so I don't understand this argument.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They moved away from that for a damned good reason: Friends and Family guilds either did LFR, or didn't raid. And that sucked for those guilds.

- - - Updated - - -

The advance in ilvl from one difficulty mode to the same difficulty mode in the next tier can be independent of how many difficulty modes there are, so I don't understand this argument.
    While i'd rather not consolidate any of the raid difficulties, id be okay getting rid of the tourist mode difficulty, as it really serves no purpose anymore. Also from what I understand from other's comments, its just a cesspool of toxic players. So why keep a breeding ground for negative toxic players to fester in?

LFR, Heroic, Mythic. Remove Normal.

LFR justifies the resources put into raid content, and that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    I've seen some suggestions from people that the 3 raid difficulties and the 1 tourist mode that we have right now is too many.

Do you agree? If so, how should Blizzard go about retuning and possibly reducing the amount of difficulties in the game?
    agreed

thats why blizzrd should remove 2 modes that are least done as they are nothign but waste of resources

but im sure you are not looking for this type of answer

Combine LFR and Normal imo. Heroic and Mythic are fine.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Casual players (myself included) are what pay the bills, so keep lfr. If anything, merge heroic and normal, to get it down to 3 difficulties.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah let's start fixing something that does not need fixing. As if WoW team has nothing better to fix or do.

If there's a raid difficulty you think needs to be removed, just don't do it. No need to remove it.
    Kind of like flying.

Not difficulties but loot. LFR, normal and heroic should all drop the same item level gear but with different drop rates (quite low on LFR and somewhat high on heroic). Mythic gear should remain higher level. And of course that would mean that you could only loot one boss on one difficulty per week (excluding mythic) so raiders would absolutely not need to do LFR.
    Last edited by Dilbon; 2021-09-16 at 11:00 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

the point of adding the fourth difficulty was to have a set number difficulty. so instead of having 10 and 25 man normal/heroic they moved to flexible raiding and set 20 man mythic. much easier to make encounters based on 20 players than trying to balance both 10 and 25 encounters

It's fine as is. This way we get 4 armor colors :P
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Honestly I think the better solution is as follows

Merge Normal and LFR into 1 queable difficulty with the same ilevel of gear allow things like determination and luck of the draw buffs to remain if you do it as a premade group

Heroic stays the same but the ilvl from heroic is the cap of the season to no matter how much Mythic + you do you will never get above heroic raids ilvl

Mythic raids just drop more heroic gear and is VERY tightly tuned around that gear level and offers prestige cosmetics but the difficulty makes it hard to boost people.

Drops the demand for boosting with normal being queable, heroic being puggable, and Mythic being too hard to boost

Keeps ilvl inflation under control and keeps all the difficultys in place

Perfectly balanced as all should be

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    LFR, Heroic, Mythic. Remove Normal.

LFR justifies the resources put into raid content, and that's that.
    I knew a LOT of people who raided ONLY normal, and i still agree with this 100%. Im not saying they would or should do this, but, if they wanted to remove a difficulty, they should merge heroic/normal and have a decent curve where the first bosses are about the same as normal, and the second half ramps up to heroic difficulty.

My logic is based on 2 things - Nerfing Mythic just isnt an option, imo, and buffing LFR would be just as bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.