Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Now Live

Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Now Live
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Lady Vashj and Kael'thas Sunstrider—the cunning Overlords of Outland—have long served Illidan Stormrage, the Betrayer. Now is the time to bring their wretched rule to an end. The Overlords of Outland content update is now live, featuring:

New Raids

Gaining access to Serpentshrine Cavern and The Eye in Tempest Keep requires preparation and a trusty band of heroes at your side. Muster your forces and get ready for battle. Learn more about the Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep attunements.

Serpentshrine Cavern

Slay the twisted Lady Vashj and her vicious fiends in her watery lair—Serpentshrine Cavern.

Raid bosses: 6 (Hydross the Unstable, The Lurker Below, Leotheras the Blind, Fathom-Lord Karathress, Morogrim Tidewalker, Lady Vashj)
    Level: 70

The Eye

Infiltrate the heart of a crystalline fortress to end the madness of the corrupted Kael’thas Sunstrider and his warped loyalists.

Raid bosses: 4 (Al'ar, Void Reaver, High Astromancer Solarian, Kael'thas Sunstrider)
    Level: 70

Arena Season 2

Brutalize your faction’s enemies on the battlefield with the advent of Arena Season 2! Victorious players will earn Arena Points to exchange for better gear so they can fight against other similar-skilled opponents, as well as an exclusive Gladiator mount for the top 0.5% of all players. In addition, faction quartermasters across Outland will offer entry-level PvP gear to those who earn their trust.

Ogri’la and Sha’tari Skyguard Daily Quests

Make new allies in Outland with the Ogri’la and Shatari Skyguard factions. Complete daily quests to earn these factions’ favor and in turn receive lucrative rewards.

Guild Banks

Share raid and dungeons spoils amongst your guildmates with the Guild Bank! This in-game storage allows guild members to withdraw and deposit items and currency, making it easier to determine at glance what consumables you have available (or need to make!) for your next group activity.

Looking for Group Tool

Find like-minded players and make new friends with the Looking for Group Tool. Simply list your class and specialization so group leaders on your realm can invite you to their party or raid.

The Overlords of Outland will wait no longer, champion. . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Opened and Cleared in the first few hours of being open.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Gratz?

A lot of people will clear the raids in the first week. It doesn't matter. A lot of people are here for fun and nostalgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

If people are playing blizzard games for their difficulty, they're looking in the wrong place to begin with. Both classic and retail on all levels are more designed for the grind than for the difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by JMENGELE View Post
    If people are playing blizzard games for their difficulty, they're looking in the wrong place to begin with. Both classic and retail on all levels are more designed for the grind than for the difficulty.
    I don't understand where your claim comes from. I enjoy retail for its difficulty, and the grind feels like the least it's ever been.
    Increasing key levels in M+ is difficult by design.
    Increasing PvP rank is difficult by design.
    Clearing Mythic raids is difficult by design.
    Literally all of the endgame is more gated by player skill than it is by grind. I only play a couple hours a week and I'm nearly gear capped.
    (I apologize if I misunderstood your claim)

Lol 30hrs later and only 150 guilds have cleared it.....so it's not that easy.

We are not going to have the "is it hard" debate literally every raid release.

Is it a complete pushover. No. Is it harder than mythic retail, no.

Is it just a nice pace where people will clear it comfortably, sure.

It took 1.5 hours, but that's beside the point. The point is: no one cares.

Everyone knows that the difficulty is pretty low compared to modern standards, but people are not playing it for the difficulty. They are playing it, because they are sick of the toxic environment of modern WoW and/or don't like the design decisions of that part of the game.

30s trailer. Big hype

This is content you've done before. Being first for clearing practiced content is not much to brag about

Quote Originally Posted by Pufflesmash View Post
    I don't understand where your claim comes from. I enjoy retail for its difficulty, and the grind feels like the least it's ever been.
    Increasing key levels in M+ is difficult by design.
    Increasing PvP rank is difficult by design.
    Clearing Mythic raids is difficult by design.
    Literally all of the endgame is more gated by player skill than it is by grind. I only play a couple hours a week and I'm nearly gear capped.
    (I apologize if I misunderstood your claim)
    It's not difficult to clear the max levels of content at a moderate pace. I am casual but manage to clear mythic raids and end pluses in the 18-20s each patch shortly before quitting over and over again. Each expansion they add layered in-game systems to capture daily log in metrics and try to fit in time gated content outside of the endgame to make you feel like you're missing out on progression if you don't do the grind. "and the grind feels like the least it's ever been." outside of being a grammatical mess, this is just your opinion. Earlier expansions had equivalent amounts of grinding but allowed you to push through it without being gated by world quests, dailies (I do understand there has always been dailies but there was also endless repeatable turn-in quests coupled with dailies) and/or storytime-locked content that prevents progression until following resets. If I want to funnel unhealthy amounts of time to complete a task in it's entirety, I simply am out of luck now-a-days. "Blizzard: You'll complete these tasks when we tell you too at the pace we have set for you." I prefer to raidlog, I don't want to log on every single day because frankly that is a job and this game really isn't that enjoyable outside of raid-times. I would argue, there really isn't much of a game outside of raid times and mythic plus (which has had garbage affixes this expansion). I am not going to complete tasks that feel like a job unless I am getting paid for it, I am paying a subscription to play a job simulator if I play outside of raid times. I am a on-call medical director and clock about 60 or so hours a week, I certainly don't want to feel like I am clocking in hours of work in-game too.
    Last edited by JMENGELE; 2021-09-17 at 11:53 AM.

Somehow patch notes never materialized that the Swift Flight Form quest is now available from our skill trainer in Moonglade. Note that you NEED to have paid the 5k gold for max level flying to begin the quest.

To save some time before you get started on your quest chain, make sure you have 10 Ancient Lichen and 10 Dreaming Glory on you as you'll need them as soon as you leave moonglade. From there you have about 90 minutes of fetch quests that lead you into Heroic Sethekk Halls.

Get out there druids, we have an herbalism market to take over.

Apparently with great difficulty on Alar. Been told by friends it can bug to shit really hard.

Was watching Asmon's stream too and it had a few bugs.

Like this is 15 year content... come on.

Advertising 15 year old content harder than it was advertised back in the day. Neat.

I like how all the comments in the trailer are about bringing Quinton Flynn back, which they should. Classic has received so many changes now (yes even replacing a voice actor for a rather huge major character) that its completely ruining the experience, and the way TBC has been handled it feels much more of a cash grab. Most private servers provide a much better original experience than actual Blizzard servers do. I expect them to ruin WotLK aswell, which would be a shame considering how good it was back in the day.

From what I've seen tier 5 looks a lot harder than tier 4 at least.

Whats with the wish.com Kael'Thas sound?

Spent months on PTR practicing and getting everything down to a science.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    This is content you've done before. Being first for clearing practiced content is not much to brag about
    Some people haven't...? Especially not while it's 'relevant', AKA level cap and release patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    Whats with the wish.com Kael'Thas sound?
    Blizzard removed the OG voice actor after some sexual harassment claims that were later proved false, and then they never bothered to put his lines back in.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's been on the PTR for a month and it's old content so yeah no surprise there for a full clear in 1 night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot that tbc classic was a thing, was so confused looking at all this stuff and thinking "nothing in here is new are they remastering it or something?"