Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    $15 a month isn't exactly expensive as far as entertainment is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    It is for the quality that WoW currently is imo.

A few years ago i would say the price around 10-15euro is great as we do not have many bots thanks for that... but... uhhh... recently... you know... we got some problems with them...

Quote Originally Posted by Idontevenplaythisgame View Post
    As a skateboarder AND a guitarist... (who plays professionally and makes money) you overspend on your hobby, you probably dont even do sick jumps bc your a pussy who rides a 6000 dollar bike... no wonder you are able to rationalize it, money grows on trees for you.
    We should be abashed that such talented and successful person made an account on this forum.
    Thank you very much for your in-depth analysis and sharing life experiences with losers that play kids games like us.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    But why should WoW get away with 21.99$ CAD here when I can buy...

Amazon prime 9.99CAD for their streaming, twitch rewards, free games and one day shipping
    Game pass on 2 Xbox accounts , 3 PCS and my phone with 300+ games and a lot of day one 79.99$ games for 19.99$
    Shudder 4.99$
    Netflix 14.99$
    Humble Bundle 12.99$ which is like 7 games at a 100+ dollar value
    Elder scrolls online 14.99$ but also comes with a good chunk of monthly currency for their ingame store and a lot of in game perks.

I'm not saying that wow should drop its sub, but the fact I use to pay a lot less and they steadily increased it, while everything around it became a much better value feels kind of bad. Not to mention the 6 month drought does not really justify a 59.99CAD Expac and then 131$ for zero updates.

Iv never complained about the wow sub when it felt like it was a quality game, but in an age of subscriptions for everything, one game being my highest sub, and all it comes with is a sub to play the game. And the game has little to offer in terms of actual entertainment. it definitely feels a bit high to me. I did unsub for the first time ever, and ill most likely return if it becomes enjoyable again. But to be my highest subbed thing, it needs to be actual quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    The question that should be asked is "if the game was released today, how much should a subscription fee be"

The answer is $0

The sub fees are just going into removing paintings of women and replacing them with bowls of fruit
    I like how people are acting as if that took more than probably like, 15-30 minutes of work. Like it's some sort of grave injustice.

Meanwhile, if there's a mount that dares to be a reskin, it's cried about how "lazy" that is, and how they probably just slapped it together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    The question that should be asked is "if the game was released today, how much should a subscription fee be"

The answer is $0

The sub fees are just going into removing paintings of women and replacing them with bowls of fruit
    Yup. Your entire sub fee just paid for a single painting. Blizzard's developers were cackling as they threw dollar bills at the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yup. Your entire sub fee just paid for a single painting. Blizzard's developers were cackling as they threw dollar bills at the screen.
    I mean be real my guy. They are going a bit over the top with it now.

Majority of the stuff that had references to the developers involved is gone now.

They're just being silly now and it's not going to get them in hot water keeping it. I mean what next? Sexy transmogs are covered up?

If no major content patch has been released in 6 months the sub cost should be zero

$15 is fine for me. The price hasn't increased (for the US) in 17 years has it? To me, that means the price keeps going down as $15 bought a lot more 17 years ago. To keep pace, the sub could be about $22 now. I'd hate to pay that for today's game, but $15 is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by FF14fanboy View Post
    I mean be real my guy. They are going a bit over the top with it now.

Majority of the stuff that had references to the developers involved is gone now.

They're just being silly now and it's not going to get them in hot water keeping it. I mean what next? Sexy transmogs are covered up?
    Yes, let's be real.

It doesn't matter. There isn't anything "over the top" when it was probably at most, one or two employees who spent maybe at most 2 hours on it. Make the portrait, and then swap the game to load the new one wherever the old one was tied to. Maybe iron out any bugs it possibly could have caused.

That's being lenient too with the time.

And yet people are acting like it's some big deal for paintings they've never even cared about, and trying to cry a slippery slope argument from that.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    10$ is fine. I just wish they adapted the price for poorer countries. 10$ here is enough to buy chicken for 8 days of cooking. So paying 10$ on a game is more taxing.

But in countries like USA where people make 10$ in an hour? That's nothing.
    This is a fair point, not all currency is created equal and people who live in countries who has a lower value currency shouldn't be gouged for some entertainment.

They'll raise the price before they lower it. I think Blizzard should wrest every penny out of its blindly loyal fan base as possible. Since tokens cost 20, why not make the sub the same thing? Hell, they could add tiers of subscriptions. Get the mythic subscription for 30 bucks a month and get cash shop mounts, service discounts, and other special cosmetics as part of the package. Milk these cows for all they're worth.

If blizzard wants to make wow great again they need to either make wow free and keep the wow tokens or keep wow 15/mo and remove the wow tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by ActuaryBro View Post
    If blizzard wants to make wow great again they need to either make wow free and keep the wow tokens or keep wow 15/mo and remove the wow tokens.
    Yeah the WoW tokens just urgh....

I get they were trying to combat goldsellers but it hasn't done squat. Goldsellers just lowered their prices and now WoW is effectively pay to win.

Being able to throw money at the screen and just get carries and your BiS Legendary is a bit well...... Obnoxious to say the least.
    Last edited by Hildibrand Manderville; 2021-09-17 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FF14fanboy View Post
    I mean what next? Sexy transmogs are covered up?
    Probably on the agenda, among with the removal of Succubus.

5+ Year Old Account
    To me, WoW should be either B2P or sub based. Both is overkill.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Current xpac - same as today or abit lower.
    Past xpacs - f2p with FULL features (guild, chat, gold etc.), Unlike the gimped starter edition

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    To me, WoW should be either B2P or sub based. Both is overkill.
    Also- this^^.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there isn’t a patch for 90 days and you’ve subbed continuously they shouldn’t be able to charge you again until they sort their shit out and release some damn content.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    $15 is fine for me. The price hasn't increased (for the US) in 17 years has it? To me, that means the price keeps going down as $15 bought a lot more 17 years ago. To keep pace, the sub could be about $22 now. I'd hate to pay that for today's game, but $15 is fine.
    This is why we should all be thankful for the cash shop and tokens. It's really the only way that Blizzard could justify keeping their sub constant in spite of lower subscriber numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No change. It's so cheap, it's the price of a movie ticket, but provides far more entertainment than a single 2-hour movie.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.