Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    $15 for 15 days. If you log in, you lose a day and can play until the reset. If you don't log in, those days will stay forever.

5+ Year Old Account
    Erm, maybe it's a bit silly question and slightly unrelated to the topic. Can I buy a Wow Token in Game and gift it to a friend who is actually unsubscribed?

20 dollars a month without the store. 15 a month with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Over the course of 2 years the average still is only about 55 cents a day. Hardly an expense worth worrying about.

Over the course of 2 years average
    Doesn't change the fact that we're now talking about a number that makes it abundantly clear what sort of alternatives you can also afford with this sort of money.
    With that sort of money, you can easily buy a ton of games as alternatives, especially if you don't purchase them right on release day.

WoW is not very cheap in comparison to other games, you don't usually spend 300-400 bucks on a single game unless you're a whale that goes neckdeep on MTX.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    No sub. If you have micro-transactions you can't warrant a sub fee.
    Nope. Not true.

Just because you have a ticket to Disneyland, does that mean you get drinks, food, souvenirs for free? Nope. Didn't think so.

Completely optional stuff in the cash shop bud.

I wouldn't change the subscription price. If you're actively playing the game, it's virtually impossible to beat the MMO dollar per hour value, unless you're OK with free-to-play games.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    For two and a half months sub you can get a whole new fresh and exciting game with no sub. Actually, for the same price of a WoW expansion, without the two and half months sub. WoW would need to be 10 times more interesting to be worth the sub fee.
    You can get 408 games for the price if WoW monthly sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    I wouldn't change the subscription price. If you're actively playing the game, it's virtually impossible to beat the MMO dollar per hour value, unless you're OK with free-to-play games.
    I actually would be okay if they raised the subscription price to $19.99 per month. Even at that price, you just cant beat the value. To be able to access the servers of, and play the most polished, and hands down best mmo on the market, yeah even $20 is worth it.

Inevitably though, you will get the crowd that thinks it should be free because they also offer optional cosmetic stuff in the shop, which is just plain flawed thinking because its *GASP* completely optional.

While saying nothing about the current state of things (lol), it IS one of the cheapest forms of entertainment that I engage in. Basically two quarters a day. You can't even get a cup of BAD coffee for that. I suppose $15 a month just isn't anything that pings my radar. I'm fine where it is. I'm actually shocked it didn't go to $19.99 in the last few expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    I actually would be okay if they raised the subscription price to $19.99 per month. Even at that price, you just cant beat the value. To be able to access the servers of, and play the most polished, and hands down best mmo on the market, yeah even $20 is worth it.

Inevitably though, you will get the crowd that thinks it should be free because they also offer optional cosmetic stuff in the shop, which is just plain flawed thinking because its *GASP* completely optional.
    As a Canadian, I pay $21.46 a month (with taxes), and I still find that number to be completely worth it, when I'm interested in playing.

Should be free when they charge so much for expansions and then deliver sub standard content patches

10+ Year Old Account
    considring the lack of effort from blizz, it should be free, its cramped with bots and sellers anyway., so dont see why make wow free would be a bad thing, they make most of the money from the store anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Really. Last time I checked you needed to pay $15/month to play FF14 too.
    And you have to pay for expansion.

And there's an even bigger cash shop.

When I played 15 wasn't terrible. Sure got my money's worth for 15.

I think they could drop it to 10 and be fine

Free with way more stuff in the cash store.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Nope. Not true.

Just because you have a ticket to Disneyland, does that mean you get drinks, food, souvenirs for free? Nope. Didn't think so.

Completely optional stuff in the cash shop bud.
    okay. i can see the box price and the cash shop in this analogy, but wheres the sub?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    I would say; same as it is now with much higher quality game experience and elimination of the cash shop...
    $20 a month flat with no cash shop, or as it is now with cash shop and tokens.

Personally I prefer the latter, since it gives it options to people to choose how much they want to spend. I just don't get this wanting to have your cake and eat it attitude when it comes to the cash shop.

I could play an hour a week and it would still be a steal compared to almost any other activity I do.

10$ is fine. I just wish they adapted the price for poorer countries. 10$ here is enough to buy chicken for 8 days of cooking. So paying 10$ on a game is more taxing.

But in countries like USA where people make 10$ in an hour? That's nothing.