Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Make LFR a single player story mode experience with npcs instead of other players

I've done LFR rarely over the past couple of years but each time I did it was extremely toxic, with players just abusing each other and many people afking, refusing to play mechanics etc. And since it's matchmade you can't do much about it, votekicking takes forever and then you are effectively punished because you need to wait for the group to fill up again.

LFR should be for seeing the raid, not having to deal with toxic randoms. Replace all other players with npcs and make it entirely a story mode, where you can't fail.
    People who do LFR don't want to wipe. And they don't wanna be flamed or badmouthed by other players they did not choose to group up with on purpose.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2021-09-17 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand this obsession specific posters here have with LFR. LFR is fine, stop trying to "fix" it already. It does what it is supposed to do and that's it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I don't understand this obsession specific posters here have with LFR. LFR is fine, stop trying to "fix" it already. It does what it is supposed to do and that's it.
    Oh, this guy just likes to create threads that are sure to stir shit up. It's a hobby, I guess?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Isn’t world a warcraft an mmorpg? Maybe make an rpg instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvador View Post
    I dont think even Blizzard believes wow is a MMORPG at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a ridiculous amount of work, per raid, just so you don't have to deal with other people.

And what's with "where you can't fail"? Are you looking for a walking simulator, or a movie?

Your idea is bad, and you should feel bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Then we shouldn’t pay monthly for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I've done LFR rarely over the past couple of years but each time I did it was extremely toxic, with players just abusing each other and many people afking, refusing to play mechanics etc. And since it's matchmade you can't do much about it, votekicking takes forever and then you are effectively punished because you need to wait for the group to fill up again.

LFR should be for seeing the raid, not having to deal with toxic randoms. Replace all other players with npcs and make it entirely a story mode, where you can't fail.
    People who do LFR don't want to wipe. And they don't wanna be flamed or badmouthed by other players they did not choose to group up with on purpose.
    LFR is fine as it is. Any sort of raid content shouldn't be able to be soloed unless outdated.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    LFR is fine as it is. Any sort of raid content shouldn't be able to be soloed unless outdated.
    Well technically you'd have 29 npcs fighting with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Well technically you'd have 29 npcs fighting with you.
    That is still solo as a player.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvador View Post
    Massive
    Multi-Player

There's nothing there that mandates that people must play in groups with others. It just means it's a large on-line game that multiple people can wander around in simultaneously. It's very curious how many jump to the conclusion that MMO means you must be teamed up with people. It doesn't mean that at all.

On topic: I'm ambivalent about what they do with LFR. Personally, I think it would be even more popular if you could run it with followers/NPC's instead actual players for stuff like transmog, currencies or whatever. It's OK how it is but I tend to only run it once because it's socially a mess.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

In My experience, being heavily influenced by wow. Vanilla and classic, you have to play with others to complete the levels. This has become more and more like singleplayer and become a game where you are able to play alone. Examples Of this are hogger and dun modr. The elites has become nonelites. So, no, i think it is more fun to play with others. And that in My opinion is how wow should be. Because it is a multiplayer game. Maybe not as hard as classic but some Of it should be.
    Last edited by Silvador; 2021-09-17 at 03:09 PM.

I've no idea why people want to change LFR so much. Usually it's those that don't ever participate in it. It does its job, leave the poor boy alone.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I dont think even Blizzard believes wow is a MMORPG at this point.
    its more accurate to say the employees at blizzard absolutely loathe people. They cannot stand their own fans. They look down upon them. They want to restrict communication between people, too. It bleeds thru everything they do, from game design to when they slip up and lash out at fans and streamers on twitter or whatnot. They are incredibly arrogant and smug. Have you seen Free Guy? The big boss of the corporation who walks around the office in the edgy black coat, dyed hair, and white sneakers? That's what Blizzard is.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    its more accurate to say the employees at blizzard absolutely loathe people. They cannot stand their own fans. They look down upon them. They want to restrict communication between people, too. It bleeds thru everything they do, from game design to when they slip up and lash out at fans and streamers on twitter or whatnot. They are incredibly arrogant and smug. Have you seen Free Guy? The big boss of the corporation who walks around the office in the edgy black coat, dyed hair, and white sneakers? That's what Blizzard is.
    I think imo Blizzard have just gotten complacent.

They thought for so many years "oh we're top dog nothing can hurt us" and then other games of the genre came slowly seeping around like FF14, Path of Exile, loads of half decent card games and so on.

Their complacency and arrogance has hurt them hard and now they're paying the price. But I'll never understand a development team that is so argumentative with it's community.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I've no idea why people want to change LFR so much. Usually it's those that don't ever participate in it. It does its job, leave the poor boy alone.
    They don't like it that people have the audacity to see their content! Get loot that kinda looks like their loot!!! HOW VERY DARE THEY!!!! They get fucking epics!!! THOSE ARE MY EPICS!!! They think raids should be for the 5% like the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Massive
    Multi-Player

There's nothing there that mandates that people must play in groups with others. It just means it's a large on-line game that multiple people can wander around in simultaneously. It's very curious how many jump to the conclusion that MMO means you must be teamed up with people. It doesn't mean that at all.

On topic: I'm ambivalent about what they do with LFR. Personally, I think it would be even more popular if you could run it with followers/NPC's instead actual players for stuff like transmog, currencies or whatever. It's OK how it is but I tend to only run it once because it's socially a mess.
    There actually is in the name. I even bolded it for you. Else it'd be a MSORPG. S for single-player. But since it's a multi-player game, you should have the play most of the (end)game with multiple other people.

Edit: only after posting this, I realized who I replied to. I usually agree with your opinions. Actually I think this is the first time ever i disagree with you.
    Last edited by ceall; 2021-09-17 at 05:35 PM.

more people afk in my guild raids than in LFR. votekicking and replacing goes FAST once people notice an afker.

In your average guild theres always some people who go afk for reasonable enough reasons that you can't just outright say they can't do it, and usually if you do end up replacing the replacement logging on and getting summoned takes longer than the entire votekick procedure in LFR.

in LFR afk = afk and youre gone once noticed.
    in a guild, people will wait for you if theres a package delivery or your cat turns off your PC.

Mop was the last tier I cared about lfr and that was only because of how absurdly broken the caster trinket was off the first boss.

Would it be better as single player? Perhaps if they make the mechanics more punishing it can finally be the teaching tool it was meant to be but that seems a lotta squeeze for very little juice.

They should let you use your followers from the mission table as NPC's, that could actually be fun. But it should also provide some form of challenge, at least doing the basic mechanics like switching your DPS to adds and avoid bad shit on the ground.