Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Kind of the same spirit, but not quite the same execution. I'm talking more about the sprawling questline and breadcrumb style of thing.
    While I originally did the questline back in MoP and earned the FoS, I actually redid the questline on a second warlock alt like a week ago, and it's honestly not as sprawling and involving as people (myself included) seem to remember. After getting the book and having your demons decipher it, you get sent to Org/SW and talk to your warlock trainer, after which you're sent to find soulstone fragments scattered across Outland zones, ending in Shadowmoon where you start the Black Temple scenario. This process takes maybe 30 minutes at most, and the Black Temple scenario takes, what, 10-20 minutes not counting the fight with Kanrethad.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    The Mage Tower was cool in what it offered in challenge and cosmetics, but wasn't quite the same overall experience. The Green Fire quests were so wonderfully Warlock specific.
    So what you'd prefer are more class-specific challenges with rewards that aren't necessarily just new transmog options? For example, and I'm just brainstorming here, a Paladin questline which gives your light spells a reddish, Scarlet Crusade-ish hue to signify a more sinister application of the Light?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    snip
    Great ideas! Love them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    While I originally did the questline back in MoP and earned the FoS, I actually redid the questline on a second warlock alt like a week ago, and it's honestly not as sprawling and involving as people (myself included) seem to remember. After getting the book and having your demons decipher it, you get sent to Org/SW and talk to your warlock trainer, after which you're sent to find soulstone fragments scattered across Outland zones, ending in Shadowmoon where you start the Black Temple scenario. This process takes maybe 30 minutes at most, and the Black Temple scenario takes, what, 10-20 minutes not counting the fight with Kanrethad.
    Oh, it's more than possible than I'm remembering it being more than it was. It's been a hot minute since I've done the questline. I just remember it being so unique and challenging that it was unlike any other quests I had experienced. I'm sure there's more than a little rose coloured glasses going on here, but I do think that if I can remember something this fondly, it was a pretty well executed affair.

So what you'd prefer are more class-specific challenges with rewards that aren't necessarily just new transmog options? For example, and I'm just brainstorming here, a Paladin questline which gives your light spells a reddish, Scarlet Crusade-ish hue to signify a more sinister application of the Light?
    Pretty much, yeah. Transmog options are great, but I think that something that alters the cosmetics of your class, your abilities is somehow a lot more personal. Especially if the story and quests are unique for your class. The Green Fire questline showed that a really simple reward can be really fulfilling. New spell colours, forms, attack animations, are relatively simple rewards that don't impact game balance, but can be meaningful.

I will admit pandaren druids with a giant panda/red panda bear form would be incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I honestly have no idea why we got Draenei++ instead of Eredar as an allied race. Like theyre literally just Draenei that are More Draenei than the Draenei. Horde Eredar wouldve fit the idea of races getting opposite-faction models like Nightborne and Void Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

No thanks. All paladins in game use The Light, and hate the Fel. Lothraxion as an example of a demon turned to the light, you'd be right back where you started with Lightforged Draenei. If they ever gave us class skins, a fel-themed melee race using paladin mechanics and fel magic would be awesome.
    There's the Fel Paladins in Warlords of Draenor, though. They literally have corrupted versions of Paladin spells.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    There's the Fel Paladins in Warlords of Draenor, though. They literally have corrupted versions of Paladin spells.
    Are they ever called paladins though? Class skins would get a new name, spell names, spell appearances, and shouldn't have access to paladin-specific armor sets or Order Halls. ( They'd look very out of place in Light's Hope. Without all the extra stuff that comes with a class skin, it'd be the equivalent of like, letting Vulpera use Kezan as their starting experience.