Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

KOTOR 3 is in the works!! (It's a KOTOR Remake)

EDIT: It's actually a KOTOR remake!! -- Available for PS5 & PC on release!!

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1353413820992000004

And it's not being developed by EA or Bioware.

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wa...?sf136766236=1
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2021-09-14 at 03:23 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Massive/UBIsoft announce they're working on a Star Wars story-driven title.

This says "we'll never guess" who's working on Kotor 3. Riiiiiight.

I like rumors of kotor 3, but I'd also like some hard evidence instead of guesswork.

I have no faith in it being anything like the first 2.

so can i just bring some quick reminders to you?

1. it's ubisoft. they aren't much better than ea.
    2. ubisoft already said it's an open world game. that means if it is kotor 3, it won't be like 1 and 2.
    3. it's ubisoft. again, the people who milk open world games with generic quests and sometimes put out a good game.
    4. that article doesn't do anything but build hype for a game that may not exist. temper your expectations, lest you fall to the same fate as anthem and no man's sky.
    5. again, it's most likely ubisoft.

Ubisoft will butcher Kotor 3 they don't make Bioware style rpgs or this will look totally different from the other games.

Its Ubisoft? Probably will just be a far cry with SW skinned on it.

I'll wait for an official announcement before I get too invested/devastated.

I will say that it seems from the reporting there that the Ubisoft Star Wars game is not KOTOR related. It seems like there are more than a few Star Wars Games in development right now.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    I have no faith in it being anything like the first 2.
    I mean, as long as it doesn't have Bioware's patented garbage combat design, it can only be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    it can only be better.
    Very dangerous words when it comes to the video game business. They are experts at finding ways to make things worse no matter the situation.

So it's Far Cry with a star wars skin? :P

Can't wait to climb sensor towers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    so can i just bring some quick reminders to you?

1. it's ubisoft. they aren't much better than ea.
    2. ubisoft already said it's an open world game. that means if it is kotor 3, it won't be like 1 and 2.
    3. it's ubisoft. again, the people who milk open world games with generic quests and sometimes put out a good game.
    4. that article doesn't do anything but build hype for a game that may not exist. temper your expectations, lest you fall to the same fate as anthem and no man's sky.
    5. again, it's most likely ubisoft.
    also, 6. Ubisoft covered up for a sexual predator in their workforce for around 20 years and had the gall to keep his severance package after being ousted for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Can't wait to climb sensor towers.
    Moisture harvesters*
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    also, 6. Ubisoft covered up for a sexual predator in their workforce for around 20 years and had the gall to keep his severance package after being ousted for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Moisture harvesters*
    What does any of that have to do with thier ability to make a star wars game?

In fact it might help when they create jabba the hut. He was a bit suss with the ladies
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assasin's Creed in Star Wars skin incoming?

Fucking Ubisoft, man. I wish this game could work, but we all know it won't now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Loved the story of the first 2. Loved the characters, the dialogue, the choices, the planets. Absolutely fucking hated the combat system. Just like Dragon Age: Clunky, slow, boring. Ubisoft games are filled with busywork and repetetive design, but at least it's busywork and repetetive design over a gameplay foundation that's actually fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is rumors, that CDPR working on KOTOR3? After Cyberpunk? Yeah cool story bro. I mean... I'm not saying Cyberpunk is bad game, but they are busy fixing it.

KOTOR3 is already out, it's called SWTOR. It doesn't play the same, but I doubt this game would use d20 either.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    KOTOR3 is already out, it's called SWTOR. It doesn't play the same, but I doubt this game would use d20 either.
    Not really KOTOR 3 considering the massive timeskip that happens. They could very easily make a third game based on the novel, even if the novel was dogshit and ruined Revan as a character.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

If true I doubt it will be anything like the previous games, which would be a great shame. Massive seems to have no experience working with these types (cRPG) of games and neither does Ubisoft as far as I know.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance