Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    NC is well under the national average. And it’s not exactly in a high value area.
    Yeah, true enough, if it weren't for family keeping me here, I would LOVE to get out of this place. Didn't think the difference in prices would be THAT much though.

But I know living out the Minnesota isn't near that expensive unless you want to go into the major cities, but that the same time, the amount of just empty space out there is insane. Giving directions is like "Turn at the 5th farm on the left with the red dog in the yard".

- - - Updated - - -

Also, off topic. Expect food prices to go up in the near future.

My mom told me when she came down for my sisters funeral last month that the droughts up there has been really bad and that the farmers there are going to have to do insurance claims on virtually all of their crops because of it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Yeah, true enough, if it weren't for family keeping me here, I would LOVE to get out of this place. Didn't think the difference in prices would be THAT much though.

But I know living out the Minnesota isn't near that expensive unless you want to go into the major cities, but that the same time, the amount of just empty space out there is insane. Giving directions is like "Turn at the 5th farm on the left with the red dog in the yard".

- - - Updated - - -

Also, off topic. Expect food prices to go up in the near future.

My mom told me when she came down for my sisters funeral last month that the droughts up there has been really bad and that the farmers there are going to have to do insurance claims on virtually all of their crops because of it.
    Depending on where she lives that COULD be true. But I guarantee she could not find a place like that within 50 miles of Minneapolis for less than $1000/mo now. I bought by house in 2010 for $166K, Brand new built for me. If I wanted to live in the country I could easily find a perfectly livable house for well under $100K. My current house would sell for easily $280K+. And location is crazy here, my exact house 10 miles in the "nicer" cities would cost $100K more.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Depending on where she lives that COULD be true. But I guarantee she could not find a place like that within 50 miles of Minneapolis for less than $1000/mo now. I bought by house in 2010 for $166K, Brand new built for me. If I wanted to live in the country I could easily find a perfectly livable house for well under $100K. My current house would sell for easily $280K+. And location is crazy here, my exact house 10 miles in the "nicer" cities would cost $100K more.
    Yeah, she lives out in Murdock, you can drive through that entire town, that spans for miles, without even realizing you were in a town. It's about 3 hours from there judging how long it takes to get from the airport to her house.

Where she lives, its CHEAP. Like I said, my sister got a 3 story house on over 10 acres of land (I think it was 12 but not entirely sure now that I think about it) and she only paid $350 a month for the place.

But the closer you get to any town, the worse the prices get unfortunately. If I were to go any closer to Hope Mills from here, my prices would double or more. I remember when I had friends who worked in Chapel Hill, it turned out that the majority of the people working in the city had to live outside of it due to the prices and the jobs didn't pay you enough to live in the area you worked in.

But, now that I think about it more locally, I don't think I would see that high of a tax bill, but the rent prices out here break $1,000 a month easy even for shit hole places. Trailers, the are wanting $700 a month for single wides and $1,200+ for double many places. Buying them starts at about $120,000 for the cheap places.

I guess I am just in a bad position to judge, the place I am in has been paid off for over 20 years now and my mother lives in the middle of nowhere.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I have enjoyed his urban planning and transportation design videos. Now that we actually live in a place where you don't need a car to do your daily chores and entertainment, I have to say that I agree with the premises of his videos 1000%. It is very liberating when you can walk, bike and use public transportation for just about anything. Not to mention the health benefits.

a duplex would help strengthen traditional family values, as a family can buy a duplex and have the grandparents live in the other side. Seems like it would be good for republicans.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    a duplex would help strengthen traditional family values, as a family can buy a duplex and have the grandparents live in the other side. Seems like it would be good for republicans.
    This is some tortured ass logic right here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You spin me right 'round, baby
    Right 'round like a record, baby
    Right 'round, 'round, 'round

I've gotta say, mental gymnastics should really be an Olympic sport.

7+ Year Old Account
    Plus they can rent out the other side when they kill their grandparents with Covid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've gotta say, mental gymnastics should really be an Olympic sport.
    USA would sweep the medals every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Better logic, somehow, than actual Republicans, who seem to have no conception of family pre-1950's white suburbia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Plus they can rent out the other side when they kill their grandparents with Covid.

HAHAAHAAHAaawwwwwwww
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now they just need to allow some limited mixed use development.
    - Lars

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    USA would sweep the medals every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Better logic, somehow, than actual Republicans, who seem to have no conception of family pre-1950's white suburbia.

- - - Updated - - -

HAHAAHAAHAaawwwwwwww
    It’s less bad than the reality of the grandparents being close to raise the kids after the parents die of covid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.