Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What if a player is under-performing in a raid, and the raid leader links the dps meter and says "look mate, your dead last on every attempt and well below whats required here, im replacing you" and said player gets offended and considers the raid-leader to be an asshole and reports them for being toxic. What should happen here? I dont consider that being an asshole, but what if the person being kicked does?
    Exactly, and that's why incredibly vague wording such as that in the new EULA can potentially open a huge can of worms, to the point that the best (existing) players can hope for is that this changes in the EULA remain purely cosmetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Exactly, and that's why incredibly vague wording such as that in the new EULA can potentially open a huge can of worms, to the point that the best (existing) players can hope for is that this changes in the EULA remain purely cosmetic.
    That or players could just silently kick players suddenly then report them when they swear at the leader...

This rod feels meant for my back but it fits in my palm so easily....

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    yeah. the other day I was doing an m+ and was nagging my teammates for not decursing (3 out of 5 had curse removal, none used it), and just before one pull my computer crashed. Took me 3 minutes to get back in the game (some update was pending), and the group had already disbanded - we were well within the timer, but they likely thought I had rage quit. I can only imagine what some overzealous GM would do by looking at the sequence of events (chat + disconnect).
    If you weren't an asshole in chat you shouldn't have too much to worry about. The issue isn't criticizing others, it's controlling how you talk to them.
    As long as you're calm and collected it's mostly good.

It's the people who see it as their God given right to verbally assault others that have things to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Then why did it happen less before m+?
    We didn't have this much toxicity in dungeons in Vanilla, TBC or even WOD
    we didnt because there were no timers then

if people sucked but wanted to finish it in 3 hours back in cata hc they could spend there 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    we didnt because there were no timers then

if people sucked but wanted to finish it in 3 hours back in cata hc they could spend there 3 hours.
    That's my point. M+ is inherently toxic simply because of the timer. There's a real possibility of having your time completely wasted and that's one of the few things all humans can agree on as a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    One could also argue that not decursing falls under the new category of purposely undermining the efforts of the group, so I think you'd be okay with your temporary disconnect - especially since you were back online in three minutes, which indicates it wasn't purposeful. People who disconnect on purpose don't log back on in such a short amount of time.
    I would also imagine they would be able to tell the difference between someone being disconnected and someone purposefully logging out.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

ITT: A lot of toxic dudes worried that their next in-game tempter-tantrum might be their last.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    ITT: A lot of toxic dudes worried that their next in-game tempter-tantrum might be their last.
    There's a very easy way to avoid that, by not having temper tantrums.
    Assuming you're not a toddler you should've learnt how to behave around others.
    If you haven't learnt it's a good thing that you get banned, you need to learn sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Ah yes, the tried and tested argument of "if you dont agree with me, you are toxic and part of the problem". Sounds very familiar for some reason.....

Heres some info for you - its possible to discuss something, and have an opinion for or against something, without automatically being part of the "problem". I didn’t touch weed for well over a decade, and yet any time the topic came up I was aggressively 'for' legalisation or at the very least decriminalisation of weed.

I know plenty of people who feel the same and have smoked it maybe once in their life, if at all. Just like in this scenario, I have had 2 infractions for naming violations during Mop, otherwise clean account, and I still think its worth discussing concerns regarding changes to the systems used to infract / ban players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    PR stunts galore. WoW isn't even worth botting anymore, let alone playing legitimately.
    That's totally why we still have chinese gold sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    It seems they have made WPVP against the rules?
    General WPVP no but looks like camping is now illegal or allowing the other faction to camp someone else and you either stand there or leave them to it? That part is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    General WPVP no but looks like camping is now illegal or allowing the other faction to camp someone else and you either stand there or leave them to it? That part is confusing.
    Yeah I obviously didnt genuinely believe ALL WPvP is against the rules, but certainly its a minefield - ganking and camping is the only difference between PvE and PvP realms (or warmode on/off these days) and that seems to be a focus for them. Does it still say if a pvp solution exists they wont take action? Because that was always their 'solution' to camping / ganking.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Feel like world pvp is their attempt to both have the quest "against all odds" and trying to stop raid groups from crippling shard in a wpvp farm raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    this doesn't mean anything, what is "not authorized by blizzard"?
    blizzard gives no details, just a few examples, imagine in real life having to respect a rule when you don't know the rule and the police can lock you down for any arbitrary reasons
    that's blizzard for you
    Yep, as vague as usual.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    The new PvP-rules are against throwing games in more organized contents, as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The new PvP-rules are against throwing games in more organized contents, as I understand it.
    Who decides if you're throwing or just bad though? You can't really ban people for being bad at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    As I understood it, it used to just say "feeding" with a brief description after it mostly related to mobas (hots). Might be wrong tho, but it was somewhere for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I don't get it.
    It's to prevent people from cheesing PvP achievements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Probably becouse its not toxic, the players choose to make it toxic.
    https://imgur.com/fOxW496
    Last edited by Dzonathan; 2021-09-20 at 07:27 AM.

Toxic behaviour wooohoo

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    I can see how someone that out of the loop can believe that. The old ways are quarantined off and exist in the fringes because they simply can't function anymore. Even with a demand banks refuse to do business with them. It's this blanket stance of arrogance and ignorance that annoys me more then puritans to be honest.

Still best it end here less it becomes political. That or we will head down the build your own internet, bank, and run your own country counter "arguement"
    The argument was more in line of "the fringe is the only place the old ways can exist but its dying cause it filters too many".
    You're right that you cant run a site in west like you used to but i dont believe reverting legal changes would fix it anyway because what you are primarily dealing with is increasing commercialization of the net shitting up all popular places with viral marketing, political activism and natural nutcases trying to advertise their nonsense. So its not possible to run a popular open platform on the modern internet while retaining quality. Hence its either you operate in the fringe playing the game of encryption and secrets or you dont get your quality net.