Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unlockable character customizations

They tried it with Night Warrior eyes. I want to see more. Notably:

- Dragonmaw and Blackrock skins for Main Universe Orcs.

- Fel- and Light-corrupted options for Blood Elves to further distance themselves from the Void Elves. Firey gold or green eyes, tattoos, more gold/green hair colors, maybe neon highlights?

- Undead blood elf as an appearance for Undead. Replace their skin and hair colors with Undead colors, throw in the Death Knight faces. Lorewise there are already blood elves in the Forsaken, but i could see a quest where they finally let the San'Layn join.

- Undead humans and kul tiran as an option for undead.

- Night Elf Worgen.

- Metal skin for Mechagnomes. Also the option for fleshy arms and legs, on a per-limb basis. That second one shouldnt even need to be unlocked, just straight up hand it over, dammit.

- Unlockable weapon types for classes that can't typically use them.... but for specific races. For example, all orcs that can't already wield axes could get a quest to unlock axes. All humans get swords, all night elves get warglaives, all goblins get guns, etc. It wouldnt be a mechanical benefit, but a Goblin warlock with a gun on his back instead of a staff would be cool for transmog, and night elf wardens are *definitely* warriors wielding warglaives.

- Female dwarf beards. Again, this should just be baseline.

- Hunched female trolls.

- Kul Tiran body types for Stormwind humans. Stormwind body types for Kul Tirans. Hairstyles should stay exclusive to each.

Gilnean Human. Just a worgen, but cured of the curse, doesnt transform from human form.

- Broken Draenei as a customization for Draenei instead of an entire allied race.

- Bulky trolls. Have a quest to recruit the Gurubashi or Amani tribes, but no need to include all new hairstyles and racials, just calk them Trolls. Customization!

- Literally go crazy with the fel-infused customizations on races that have shown them in game. Maybe limited to warlocks? Felblood elves, Feltotem Tauren, Fel Orcs...

- MORE shiny stuff. Glowy star tattoos for Night Elves. Lightforge for human paladins and priests. Glowy gold human eyes. All unlockable.

- UNLOCKABLE race/class combinations! Wouldnt need an entire subfaction, wouldnt need to integrate the class into the race's aesthetic. Theyd still be rare. But like, you recruit a Night Elf Paladin in Legion, therefore they *can* be paladins, therefore that quest should have playable Night Elf Paladins as a reward. Allows for some really cool highly requested but rare combos, like Undead Paladin, Pandaren Druids, Human Shaman/Druid, etc.

I would have made blood elf's blue eyes, and wildhammer customizations unlockable, if it were up to me. Too cool to think that we could have had a quest confirming that some High Elves rejoined Silvermoon.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2021-09-17 at 11:39 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm all for more customizations and options for characters being added. If they come with a cool questline or something you have to do, all the better IMO. You certainly won't get me saying no to these.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Eredar added as an allied race, open up Rogue and Warlock for Eredar in exchange for locking them out of Paladin and Shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I'd like to see Eredar added as an allied race, open up Rogue and Warlock for Eredar in exchange for locking them out of Paladin and Shaman.
    Oh, that would be fun. Not sure why you would need to lock them out necessarily, though. Why not one of those Burning Legion corrupted Paladins, or Dark Shamans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Oh, that would be fun. Not sure why you would need to lock them out necessarily, though. Why not one of those Burning Legion corrupted Paladins, or Dark Shamans?
    No real reason, other than the assumption that Blizzard would want to enforce some sort of trade-off in class availability for allied races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I honestly have no idea why we got Draenei++ instead of Eredar as an allied race. Like theyre literally just Draenei that are More Draenei than the Draenei. Horde Eredar wouldve fit the idea of races getting opposite-faction models like Nightborne and Void Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

No thanks. All paladins in game use The Light, and hate the Fel. Lothraxion as an example of a demon turned to the light, you'd be right back where you started with Lightforged Draenei. If they ever gave us class skins, a fel-themed melee race using paladin mechanics and fel magic would be awesome.

I'd lightly slap my grandma for a way to earn Dragonmaw skins...

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for more customizations and options for characters being added. If they come with a cool questline or something you have to do, all the better IMO. You certainly won't get me saying no to these.
    I'm seconding this!

Im all for customization that is unlocked via an interesting and engaging quest-line, that can be blasted out as fast, or as slow as the player likes. What i wouldn't be OK with, is a quest-line that involved any kind of grinding out rep, or artificial gating of any kind. My concern is that is exactly what Blizzard would do, and that is based on how Blizzard have handled these things previously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    I'd lightly slap my grandma for a way to earn Dragonmaw skins...
    I would also slap your grandmother for more customisation options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I honestly have no idea why we got Draenei++ instead of Eredar as an allied race. Like theyre literally just Draenei that are More Draenei than the Draenei. Horde Eredar wouldve fit the idea of races getting opposite-faction models like Nightborne and Void Elves.

- - - Updated - - -
    So true about the Draenei! Lightbound Orcs(Alliance) vs. redeemed Eredar(Horde) would be a nice addition, as would be all of your ideas.

The main problem I have, is that I would love to have most of the humanoid races to become playable, but adding even the subraces would be the hell of a work, not to mention integrating them properly into the game and not just as customisation. I mean even Dragonmaw could have a nice introduction story, not to mention Taunka or Yaungol ... doing it right would cost Blizzard a ton of resources and be a nightmare to balance, not just in classes being allowed, but who gets the cooler races. Horde would win by the way.

Then again, an update of the old world would be a great opportunity to do so and if Blizz is changing its philosophy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    So true about the Draenei! Lightbound Orcs(Alliance) vs. redeemed Eredar(Horde) would be a nice addition, as would be all of your ideas.

The main problem I have, is that I would love to have most of the humanoid races to become playable, but adding even the subraces would be the hell of a work, not to mention integrating them properly into the game and not just as customisation. I mean even Dragonmaw could have a nice introduction story, not to mention Taunka or Yaungol ... doing it right would cost Blizzard a ton of resources and be a nightmare to balance, not just in classes being allowed, but who gets the cooler races. Horde would win by the way.

Then again, an update of the old world would be a great opportunity to do so and if Blizz is changing its philosophy ...
    Nah, I'd be perfectly happy to have them just as customizations. No need for a separate race portrait, capital, starting quests, racials, unique hairstyles, etc.

All of these suggestions would be customizations, (aside from the Eredar allied race I mean) like how the Night Elves can unlock black eyes. Just let my orc be gray with yellow eyes after I re-recruit the Dragonmaw, yknow? The equivalent of what Wildhammer Dwarves got.

5+ Year Old Account
    Great suggestion. If this came with some amazing quest line then I am definitely interested.

The Warlock Green Fire questline is one of my favourite additions to the game. It was flavourful, difficult, engaging and rewarded you with something unique that didn't impact power levels or balance.

It's exactly the sort of thing I want to see more of in this game, and I find it such a shame that they never really revisited the idea. WoW remains somewhat light on customization options compared to some other games, so it would be amazing to have more content that let us do fine things to tailor out toons the way we like.

I'd like to see class-specific, or race/class customization as well

Perhaps more customization will be unlocked over the course of the expansions via quests, achievements, discoveries, maybe through professions too!

Special class-only cosmetics and customization such as;

Unique feathers for hunters with special patterns and colors.

Custom hunter-only tattoos/markings in the shapes of animals such as paw or hoof tracks going up or down the arm, turtle shell, cat teeth, bear claw, bird wings and beak, snake, iconic animal silhouettes.

race and/or class specific customization/cosmetics we unlock through a quest chain such as freeing a trapped bird from a tangle of thorns high atop a cliff who awards us wtih one of it's feathers as thanks which we can then access from the barber shop as it's now a cherished belonging. And, through tracking/taming/helping/befriending various animals in the wild or spirits from myth, we could receive the right/earn to wear their image, and they bestow their gift of their image so we can wear their print.

Such stories and experiences will allow our adornments and belongings and visuals to have actual memories attached to them, so that what we wear, say a special feather or a chosen animal print, will have meaning to us as players and to our characters. Our characters will look like the history they've traveled. Seeing our characters going around with such stories on them will make them feel part of the world, with a past that displays how they currently appear. We'd be wearing cherished, lucky, significant customizations or accessories/cosmetics that have actual meaning because it has actual memory and emotion attached to it.

Antlers and silver eyes for night elf druids

Wings for warlocks (there are some very cool and different warlock wings that some NPCs have that I can see befitting warlocks. not to mention their previous perfect wings).

A dream catcher ornament for tauren and highmountain tauren druids,

Unique feathers for hunters with special patters and colors. Custom hunter-only tattoos/markings in the shapes of animals such as paw or hoof tracks going up or down the arm, turtle shell, cat teeth, bear claw, bird wings and beak, snake, iconic animal silhouettes.

Beads for monks; chunky, beaded necklaces and bracelets

That chest you found had a real treasure in it, your perfect new set of earrings.

That noble, last-of-its-kind bird you hacked and slashed free out of that tangle of thorns dropped a single feather as it soared away, a gift for you dear hunter, and a keepsake/promise you two will meet again. now you may wear it behind your ear or in your mane as a reminder of your deed and friendship,

Or you, gentle Druid, those bumps sprouting from your forehead that you feel after awakening from your strange dream of a white stag emerge because of your deep connection to the wild and your unwavering heart for all forest fauna. only those who become self aware and one with nature undergoes this phenomenon. completing a Druidic communion with malorne may see them grow. Nurture them with your very place in this world.

Pleasant monk, you wander but something finds you this day. wrapped around the weapons of an ancient stone warrior are carvings of decorative strings of beads, and upon the guard’s witnessing your role in this world he let’s his weapon fall to the floor before you, crumbling to bits. within the rocks are a set of real beads, large, and can be worn as a necklace and beaded bracelets to protect you from harm by encapsulating chi and empowering your moves with your own spirit.

Perhaps once you've selected your class and are on to customizing your character, there is an additional customization button with your class's own customization available only, fittingly, for you. Perhaps this button/section of class-specific customization and cosmetics can be added to in patches and expansions as blizzard creates them for you to collect, they'll be added to the customization section. There don't have to be many, just 1-2 per class, but available to only your class and therefore special.

This would be an immersive and fun feature because we get our character customization, but to deepen the look and feel of your character, your class could have access to a few pieces all their own. If these are unlocked and you had a memorable experience doing so, our characters would really feel quite cool.

It would be so cool and very RPG if we could dawn our discovered or crafted cosmetics and customization and would be truly awesome if we earned these class-only rewards via special quests or achievements, or through crafting, that way some of our customization options and our characters’ appearances will have that meaningful story behind them, a reminder of our adventures; trials we went through, an obstacle we overcame, or simply a treasure we found while exploring an unknown land. Some of our appearances will be a direct result from our journeys, much like/exactly like an rpg. Therefore, certain specific aspects of your appearance will reflect meaningfully on how and where you play, what you've encountered, survived, bonded with, etc.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2021-09-18 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I would love horde eredar. But I think it's no chance now with the LFD, since blizzard wouldn't want 3 races with the same model.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    The Warlock Green Fire questline is one of my favourite additions to the game. It was flavourful, difficult, engaging and rewarded you with something unique that didn't impact power levels or balance.

It's exactly the sort of thing I want to see more of in this game, and I find it such a shame that they never really revisited the idea.
    They did revisit the idea in Legion when they added the Mage Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    They did revisit the idea in Legion when they added the Mage Tower.
    Kind of the same spirit, but not quite the same execution. I'm talking more about the sprawling questline and breadcrumb style of thing. The Mage Tower was cool in what it offered in challenge and cosmetics, but wasn't quite the same overall experience. The Green Fire quests were so wonderfully Warlock specific.

I'd just like some snazzier basic customizations for humans, like radder hairstyles for human females.

More horn options for Tauren. Also, give us different options for our snouts. Allow us to show more teeth. Maybe have some nasty looking teeth or broken teeth. Maybe more mane colors. And scars. And angry eye options. Maybe an option to have one of our eyes clawed out. It would be cool to be able to look like this:

- - - Updated - - -

It's really weird, because before the WoD model revamp, I used to be able to look really mean. But when they redid the models, they didn't give me an option for angry face bleary eyed Tauren.

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-09-18 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    I'd like to see class-specific, or race/class customization as well

Perhaps more customization will be unlocked over the course of the expansions via quests, achievements, discoveries, maybe through professions too!

Special class-only cosmetics and customization such as;

Unique feathers for hunters with special patterns and colors.

Custom hunter-only tattoos/markings in the shapes of animals such as paw or hoof tracks going up or down the arm, turtle shell, cat teeth, bear claw, bird wings and beak, snake, iconic animal silhouettes.

race and/or class specific customization/cosmetics we unlock through a quest chain such as freeing a trapped bird from a tangle of thorns high atop a cliff who awards us wtih one of it's feathers as thanks which we can then access from the barber shop as it's now a cherished belonging. And, through tracking/taming/helping/befriending various animals in the wild or spirits from myth, we could receive the right/earn to wear their image, and they bestow their gift of their image so we can wear their print.

Such stories and experiences will allow our adornments and belongings and visuals to have actual memories attached to them, so that what we wear, say a special feather or a chosen animal print, will have meaning to us as players and to our characters. Our characters will look like the history they've traveled. Seeing our characters going around with such stories on them will make them feel part of the world, with a past that displays how they currently appear. We'd be wearing cherished, lucky, significant customizations or accessories/cosmetics that have actual meaning because it has actual memory and emotion attached to it.

Antlers and silver eyes for night elf druids

Wings for warlocks (there are some very cool and different warlock wings that some NPCs have that I can see befitting warlocks. not to mention their previous perfect wings).

A dream catcher ornament for tauren and highmountain tauren druids,

Unique feathers for hunters with special patters and colors. Custom hunter-only tattoos/markings in the shapes of animals such as paw or hoof tracks going up or down the arm, turtle shell, cat teeth, bear claw, bird wings and beak, snake, iconic animal silhouettes.

Beads for monks; chunky, beaded necklaces and bracelets

That chest you found had a real treasure in it, your perfect new set of earrings.

That noble, last-of-its-kind bird you hacked and slashed free out of that tangle of thorns dropped a single feather as it soared away, a gift for you dear hunter, and a keepsake/promise you two will meet again. now you may wear it behind your ear or in your mane as a reminder of your deed and friendship,

Or you, gentle Druid, those bumps sprouting from your forehead that you feel after awakening from your strange dream of a white stag emerge because of your deep connection to the wild and your unwavering heart for all forest fauna. only those who become self aware and one with nature undergoes this phenomenon. completing a Druidic communion with malorne may see them grow. Nurture them with your very place in this world.

Pleasant monk, you wander but something finds you this day. wrapped around the weapons of an ancient stone warrior are carvings of decorative strings of beads, and upon the guard’s witnessing your role in this world he let’s his weapon fall to the floor before you, crumbling to bits. within the rocks are a set of real beads, large, and can be worn as a necklace and beaded bracelets to protect you from harm by encapsulating chi and empowering your moves with your own spirit.

Perhaps once you've selected your class and are on to customizing your character, there is an additional customization button with your class's own customization available only, fittingly, for you. Perhaps this button/section of class-specific customization and cosmetics can be added to in patches and expansions as blizzard creates them for you to collect, they'll be added to the customization section. There don't have to be many, just 1-2 per class, but available to only your class and therefore special.

This would be an immersive and fun feature because we get our character customization, but to deepen the look and feel of your character, your class could have access to a few pieces all their own. If these are unlocked and you had a memorable experience doing so, our characters would really feel quite cool.

It would be so cool and very RPG if we could dawn our discovered or crafted cosmetics and customization and would be truly awesome if we earned these class-only rewards via special quests or achievements, or through crafting, that way some of our customization options and our characters’ appearances will have that meaningful story behind them, a reminder of our adventures; trials we went through, an obstacle we overcame, or simply a treasure we found while exploring an unknown land. Some of our appearances will be a direct result from our journeys, much like/exactly like an rpg. Therefore, certain specific aspects of your appearance will reflect meaningfully on how and where you play, what you've encountered, survived, bonded with, etc.
    Hear me out: Visible trinkets, or class relics. Like quivers, librams, totems, etc. The feather thing could totally work as a trinket that appears in your hair or on a necklace or earring or something.