Poll: Should Shadowlands skip 9.3, to make 10.0 come out sooner?

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's funny how things change.

When this thread started, most people were against it, and the "No" was fairly ahead, but only took a delayed 9.1.5 and a book for people to change their minds. Yeah, if Blizzard doesn't skip 9.3 then 10.0 isn't coming before summer 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    If you think they are working hard on 9.3, you are SO WRONG.

This is how "wow devs" spend their free time:

https://twitter.com/trulyaliem/statu...95769168125954

spent most of the night watching Netflix and leveling Weaver in FFXIV.

and frankly I'm disappointed in myself for only learning recently just how amazing Gillian Anderson talking about sex with a British accent really is.

Some of wow devs (1 of loudest about removing old-school "non-woke" slurs from the game) spend more time playing Final fantasy than WOW.
    They should just shut the game down at this point tbh.

The devs are so lost within their own bullshit.. this game will never recover or be good again.

Cut the expansion short and put that effort into a better next expansion. Just like WoD getting cut short and giving us the much improved Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Even in 2020 it wasn't a valid excuse. As I pointed out, Bungie has a smaller staff and accomplished A LOT during 2020. I'm not willing to accept that Blizzard was that hindered by covid-19 at all in 2020. Especially with the garbage they're churning out in 2021 as well.
    This reminds me of that old saying: the definition of an excuse is a reason stuffed with a lie.

If they said that the WFH transition put them back a bit and that work isn't progressing as they want, let's say they're at 80-90% of office work. All this doesn't explain the glacial pace at which they're releasing content.

I think that to blame the devs or even Ion is like blaming a private for the failure of the General's strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    BFA had 4 major patches.
    I'm curious who led you to believe that 1+1+1=4.

There was 8.1, 8.2, and 8.3. With a distinct lack of "major patches" between those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Cut the expansion short and put that effort into a better next expansion. Just like WoD getting cut short and giving us the much improved Legion.
    You do realize that even if they cut this even shorter and dump all resources into the next one, the vocal majority will still bitch about how garbage it is, right? Just like they did with legion when it was current. Then BFA. And now SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    This reminds me of that old saying: the definition of an excuse is a reason stuffed with a lie.

If they said that the WFH transition put them back a bit and that work isn't progressing as they want, let's say they're at 80-90% of office work. All this doesn't explain the glacial pace at which they're releasing content.

I think that to blame the devs or even Ion is like blaming a private for the failure of the General's strategy.
    Except they said multiple times the transition was smooth and they were allegedly getting lots of work done. But when that "work" was released, it was hot garbage and they tried to blame it on covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You do realize that even if they cut this even shorter and dump all resources into the next one, the vocal majority will still bitch about how garbage it is, right? Just like they did with legion when it was current. Then BFA. And now SL.
    I don't doubt it one bit. But of course, that will happen no matter what they choose to do. It's better to just pull the band-aid off quickly instead of dragging it out.

Also, I was someone who liked both Legion and BFA and never understood all the complaints. SL just isn't doing it for me though, it's rather like how I felt in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    If only, I had that expectation after BfA, really, that SL was going to be good. But, yeah, we all know the result.

Legion was the best expansion I've played. I was genuinely a little miffed when it ended.

Please no 9.3

Just work on scaling up previous tiers to be relevant content and put wow on life support. Current Blizz has shown us for 3/4 xpacs that they are utterly incompetent. Legion was lightning in a bottle and should've ended there

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    If only, I had that expectation after BfA, really, that SL was going to be good. But, yeah, we all know the result.

Legion was the best expansion I've played. I was genuinely a little miffed when it ended.
    Same here. I liked Legion better than Wrath tbh.

imo this question is best answered after we have 9.2 and see where the story goes from there, if it looks like the story of shadowlands finishes in 9.2 end it there if not we have 9.3 to tie up any major loose ends.

There is no way 10.0 comes out next year lol. Literally zero chance.

And if it does then god help us because they can barely put out a content patch in this current expansion. I can't even imagine what a rushed piece of #&!$ 10.0 will be if it comes out next year.

Y’all do realize 9.3 was likely never going to happen regardless, yeah?

As long as the Shadowlands 'story' wraps up most of the loose ends I'm perfectly fine with 9.2 or 2.5 being the last major patch of the expansion I'm more than ready to move on. Having said that, with Blizzcon cancelled this year do you think we will get a major announcement type thing in November or that they'll wait till their 'global event' thingy in early 2022 to give us any info? I ask because if there were ever a time for us to get an answer on 9.3/10.0 future that would be when.

9.2 PTR in late November/December
    Blizzconline 2022 in February
    10.0 is announced at Blizzconline
    9.2 releases sometime in February or March
    9.2.5 in the summer
    9.3 PTR in late 2022 with full release in spring 2023
    10.0 in the fall 2023

What is everyone's thought process here? With all the crap this company is going through right now, being unable to do much of anything, the poor quality, slow time , etc, you want them to move to the next expansion so that it can start off just as crappy? Like... what? Let them take the next hear or w/e to crap out what's left of this game and then when they get their crap together (which might not happen) THEN they can start working on the new stuff. I'd rather them not start on the next expansion during their "midlife crisis" or w/e you want to call this phase their in.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

No i love to play shadowlands in 2024

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Y’all do realize 9.3 was likely never going to happen regardless, yeah?
    Yes, especially since they wasted so much dev time fixing all the !@#$ups of BfA that they were already behind schedule by the time SL was released.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Lets also skip 9.1.5 and 9.2 and go straight to 10.0

Just quit WoW alrdy.

These blue haired devs are more worried about having safe spaces and talking groups at blizzard hq then ever put hard work into creating good game play.

Best thing that can happen for the Warcraft franchise now is that blizzard sells the iP to a gaming studio that still has passion of making the best possible game.