View Poll Results: Should Shadowlands skip 9.3, to make 10.0 come out sooner?

Voters
481. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    251 52.18%
  • No

    230 47.82%
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Over 9000! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,280
    Can they even skip 9.3? It's not like they can drop the whole Zovaal story or finish it all in 9.2, can they? Seems like too much and I'm sure 9.2 is pretty planned out.

  2. #122
    The production pipeline is far longer than people think.

    At this point, abandoning 9.3 would save inconsequential amounts of time on a 10.0 release, and probably not increase its quality by a massive amount. You can't simply take the work that's already been done and convert it into work on something else; that's not how production functions.

  3. #123
    They make tons of money with expansion launches where all the braindead consumers come back, even if there is another scandal or the lawsuit get's even uglier, it doesn't matter due to the masses being usually ignorant to this or simply not caring. (The existence and sucess of Fifa proves me right )

    So why would they postpone the next money injection by giving us a 9.3? There is no way this happens, don't be silly.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2021-09-20 at 01:00 AM.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Can they even skip 9.3?
    Do we know if they've ever even planned for there to be a 9.3?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences." -- Robert Louis Stevenson
    If you didn't get your COVID shot it's probably too late now, you fool.

  5. #125
    Over 9000! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Do we know if they've ever even planned for there to be a 9.3?
    If they didn't plan for the story to end in 9.2, which I'm not sure since I haven't kept up with the game since unsubbing after launch and I have no clue if there is even any info on what will feature in 9.2, then there would have to be a 9.3 to finish Shadowlands proper with a final raid where Zovaal gets offed.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Nope.

    Shadowlands might even go on to 9.4. Its a good expansion so far, and it looks like its only getting better.

    Why would you want to pay $60-$120 for another box expansion anyway? Just get more free content during this expansion

    - - - Updated - - -



    Also, this 100% ^
    Because cross faction play will likely not arrive until 10.0 and it is desperately needed to unify the playerbase and help ease guild die off.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Because cross faction play will likely not arrive until 10.0 and it is desperately needed to unify the playerbase and help ease guild die off.
    You can also quote me, stamp this, keep it in memorialized in gold: WoW will never have cross faction grouping. IE where you can do dungeons and raids with members of the opposite faction.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Because BfA WAS better than SL. BfA was trash but SL is an entire dumpster fire.
    How can people keep saying this? You can barely even compare BFA to SL at this point.

    Raids
    BFA
    - Uldir.
    - Battle of Dazar'alor.
    - Crucible of Storms.
    - The Eternal Palace.
    - Ny'alotha, the Waking City.
    SL

    - Castle Nathria
    - Sanctum of Domination

    The content hasn't even been accessible for us to even make them comparable. Just everyone is rejecting it before it even gets a chance. Even though 9.2 we are supposedly not locked into a covenant system anymore. Class sets rewards from raiding etc. Pretty much all these things a lot of people been asking for. This is my understanding anyways... people are just asking for even more cuts. Which this expansion suffered from cuts to begin with. If it becomes a WoD then so be it... if the result is another Legion expansion. The reality is this might not happen tho and we might just keep getting less and less content because people don't realize what they are doing.

    For the record too, I don't think Castle Nathria or Sanctum of Domination are going to go down as the worst raids in this franchise. I didn't hear much complaints about either raid. (A lot of things were great about each raid) The zones on the other hand is another topic.. Koritha comparable to other new zones from patches. I can understand complaints as it seems smaller.
    Last edited by Kixxenn; 2021-09-20 at 03:38 AM.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    How can people keep saying this? You can barely even compare BFA to SL at this point.

    Raids
    BFA
    - Uldir.
    - Battle of Dazar'alor.
    - Crucible of Storms.
    - The Eternal Palace.
    - Ny'alotha, the Waking City.
    SL

    - Castle Nathria
    - Sanctum of Domination

    The content hasn't even been accessible for us to even make them comparable. Just everyone is rejecting it before it even gets a chance. Even though 9.2 we are supposedly not locked into a covenant system anymore. Class sets rewards from raiding etc. Pretty much all these things a lot of people been asking for. This is my understanding anyways... people are just asking for even more cuts. Which this expansion suffered from cuts to begin with. If it becomes a WoD then so be it... if the result is another Legion expansion. The reality is this might not happen tho and we might just keep getting less and less content because people don't realize what they are doing.
    It's pretty simple, <current thing> sucks massive donkey balls, and <previous thing> was obviously infinitely better and I ALWAYS said that, just ignore every message I sent while <previous thing> was current.




    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    i find it hard to believe some random raid from BFA would draw in more players than the battleground patch in classic
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    FruitySalad boy, this is a fantastic thread and is really going places. I just want to make sure I'm on page one of what is bound to be a long lasting and productive thread. It's amazing there are no other threads discussing the squish, as I'm confident you would have just posted in them if they did exist.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    It's pretty simple, <current thing> sucks massive donkey balls, and <previous thing> was obviously infinitely better and I ALWAYS said that, just ignore every message I sent while <previous thing> was current.




    Ah yes, Warlords. The masterpiece.

    Only slightly worse than Cataclysm, perhaps. That was the true masterpiece.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    How can people keep saying this? You can barely even compare BFA to SL at this point.

    Raids
    BFA
    - Uldir.
    - Battle of Dazar'alor.
    - Crucible of Storms.
    - The Eternal Palace.
    - Ny'alotha, the Waking City.
    SL

    - Castle Nathria
    - Sanctum of Domination

    The content hasn't even been accessible for us to even make them comparable. Just everyone is rejecting it before it even gets a chance. Even though 9.2 we are supposedly not locked into a covenant system anymore. Class sets rewards from raiding etc. Pretty much all these things a lot of people been asking for. This is my understanding anyways... people are just asking for even more cuts. Which this expansion suffered from cuts to begin with. If it becomes a WoD then so be it... if the result is another Legion expansion. The reality is this might not happen tho and we might just keep getting less and less content because people don't realize what they are doing.

    For the record too, I don't think Castle Nathria or Sanctum of Domination are going to go down as the worst raids in this franchise. I didn't hear much complaints about either raid. (A lot of things were great about each raid) The zones on the other hand is another topic.. Koritha comparable to other new zones from patches. I can understand complaints as it seems smaller.
    Because the content given to us has all sucked. At least BfA's content could be fun at times, even at launch. There hasn't been a single enjoyable activity in SL.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    It's pretty simple, <current thing> sucks massive donkey balls, and <previous thing> was obviously infinitely better and I ALWAYS said that, just ignore every message I sent while <previous thing> was current.




    Except I don't recall people saying MoP sucked and that WoD was infinitely better but ok.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Can they even skip 9.3? It's not like they can drop the whole Zovaal story or finish it all in 9.2, can they? Seems like too much and I'm sure 9.2 is pretty planned out.
    Lol what story?

    He’s at the place he wanted to go now.

    We go there and fight him.

    The events of it lead into the next expansion.

    Game over.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-09-20 at 04:04 AM.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Good to know. I assume your Source for this is the same tired quote from 3 months ago where one dev said there was no work done on WoW?

    Yeah, thought so.

    Just. Stop. Spreading. Fakenews.

    YOU wanting this this to be true, does not constitute facts. If you hate the game so much, because "it's not casual" (with your definition being that friggin world mobs need to be nerfed because you refuse to learn your class) then just go play FF and leave this forum.
    And you're one of those optimistic guys, who still don't know about game development cycle and that patch can't be released immediately after it's announcement and should be tested for several months first? Do you understand, that 9.1.5, that is currently in development, doesn't even have release date? It's release date will be around Christmas/New year. Testing 9.2 will require 2-3 months. And next xpack should be released by the end of summer.

    So, the biggest question, you should have answered before even posting this thread. Where do you want to fit 9.3 to?

    P.S. And another thing. To all. Stop twisting term "casual" to suit your opinion. So called MMOish definition of "casual" is completely wrong. Here is "casual" category from Steam. Game like this are actually casual. And "casually" doing several M+ a week - has nothing to do with being casual.

  14. #134
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,247
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    And you're one of those optimistic guys, who still don't know about game development cycle and that patch can't be released immediately after it's announcement and should be tested for several months first? Do you understand, that 9.1.5, that is currently in development, doesn't even have release date? It's release date will be around Christmas/New year. Testing 9.2 will require 2-3 months. And next xpack should be released by the end of summer.

    So, the biggest question, you should have answered before even posting this thread. Where do you want to fit 9.3 to?

    P.S. And another thing. To all. Stop twisting term "casual" to suit your opinion. So called MMOish definition of "casual" is completely wrong. Here is "casual" category from Steam. Game like this are actually casual. And "casually" doing several M+ a week - has nothing to do with being casual.
    You still didn’t give your source

  15. #135
    no but they probably will, basically confirmed mal ganis+ jailer as bosses in 9.2 so expac done

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    no but they probably will, basically confirmed mal ganis+ jailer as bosses in 9.2 so expac done
    Do you have a source on that?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  17. #137
    Herald of the Titans Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    2,916
    I don't think it matters should they skip 9.3, because they most likely will skip 9.3. These days Blizzard couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. It took them 8 months to ship 9.1. They're starting to make Warlords of Draenor look like a lean, mean, content-delivering machine.

    Choice doesn't enter into the equation when you're as useless as these clowns.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    You still didn’t give your source
    And you're one of those guys, who still think, that "source or you're wrong" fallacy still works? No matter if I would waste my time on searching for obvious enough patch release schedules from previous xpacks or would ask you to do it yourself - it wouldn't make difference between being right or wrong.

    It's simple logic. In order for less than a year to be able to fit two true (not selfie-cam) major patches and also pre-patch event, one of them should be released right now. And it's not even on PTR now. And 9.1.5, that is tested there right now, doesn't even have release date. So no. It's not possible. Guys, who think, that 9.3 is still possible - are usually the same guys, who hope for spring xpack release, when it's still not in even in Alpha state by New Year. Magic can't happen in this world, sorry.

  19. #139
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,247
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    And you're one of those guys, who still think, that "source or you're wrong" fallacy still works? No matter if I would waste my time on searching for obvious enough patch release schedules from previous xpacks or would ask you to do it yourself - it wouldn't make difference between being right or wrong.
    this is what you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    For now skipping 9.3 is inevitable, because 9.2 isn't even in development.
    you made a claim that 9.2 isn't yet in development. someone called you out on that claim and asked for your source. you have yet to give a source for that. as for your constant jabs "and you're one of those guys who..." well you're one of those guys who make bullshit claims out of nowhere and then when asked for your source as to the claim just make further spurious comments about people wanting sources.

    STOP MAKING SHIT UP

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    this is what you said:



    you made a claim that 9.2 isn't yet in development. someone called you out on that claim and asked for your source. you have yet to give a source for that. as for your constant jabs "and you're one of those guys who..." well you're one of those guys who make bullshit claims out of nowhere and then when asked for your source as to the claim just make further spurious comments about people wanting sources.

    STOP MAKING SHIT UP
    "Isn't even in development" - means, that 9.1.5 is in development now and it's next in queue for release, so 9.2 won't be put on PTR before 9.1.5 release.

    If you'd look at 9.1.5 changes, you would notice, that they most likely were planned for 9.2 (if not even 10.0 for some of them). So for now it would be more logical to ask not about skipping 9.3 - but about skipping 9.2 instead. Because 9.1.5 can actually be last patch of this xpack, as it's only way for Blizzard to release 10.0 in time and not delay it or release another unfinished xpack due to revealing concepts only on Blizzconline.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •