Poll: Should Shadowlands skip 9.3, to make 10.0 come out sooner?

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This question is hard to answer, because there are actually 2 questions: do i want them to skip 9.3: YES. Shadowlands was already a bad idea itself, it was also executed quite badly and all in all the maw is probably the worst zone they have ever created; it's like crystalsong forest, just with less lore.

But do i want that 10.0 come out earlier? Not really sure: i rather want them to focus on new content so that there is actually playable content; and not the kind of: More dungeons and raids, i want them to bring good solo content back like Suramar. This was phantastic content without relying on: hey, let's visit the old stuff and do exactly the same s*** again that you did while leveling, aka world quests.
    A whole ENDGAME zone for ENDGAME progression with the first REAL city in WoW. That was good content, not a hole like the maw with nothing inside.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    I gave that as one example, but again they can literally use the Brokers to go anywhere if they want, in a story unless you are at the end (and LOL WoW isn't ending in 10.0) you want to continue to lay seeds of what is coming next so that the reader/player feels like it is logical/isn't completely blown away but what comes next. Doesn't have to be nostalgia based if they visit light/life/void/arcane/fel realms.
    they can just do that in the final patch anyway, making to be even more content than splitting thin in two patches, and i still don't like the broker as they are straight up copeis of the etherals, evn that is bad.

??? I am not saying you take Zovaal past 9.3, I am saying you introduce the next issue/villain/location in 9.2 while we prepare for Zovaal who we fight/deal with in 9.3. I honestly don't find him interesting really but I wouldn't say they ruined it with a wannabe Lich King (I find the Lich King pretty boring too honestly).
    but again, why split that in two patches, when they can do everything in one, and make it way better than make two half-asset patches?
    Also pretty fucking LOL you don't think they are working on 9.2 right now, I have a house on the moon you can buy while we are imaging things that aren't real.
    they did said they weren't working on a 9.2/was not in development, if there is, still is in early development and they can make the final patch anyway.

Or they can go to completely new places that have nothing to do with anything we have really experienced, like an afterlife for fishers. The boss we have to fight in this area is fished up (tiny nostalgia) that has eaten the item we require. This has the added benefit of allowing some special dialogue the next time we talk to Nat Pagel as we know he will go here when he dies. No lore ruined, but a fun little preview of the future of the characters we know and love. You could have another after life that is the ruins of dead empires/civilizations, where archaeologist go, allowing for some cool ruined kingdom vibes. You can have a hive afterlife for bugs where they took the required gizmo to the nest that we have to invade.

You seriously thing that will salvage this shitshow? with this team that give us the excrement of lore we are having so far?
    That is the thing, there are so many places they can go that have little to no lore, and even when shaved/glimpsed only add rather than detract from any previous lore.
    and like i said, having many possibilities isn't an argument as they are limited by the people working on then, that is not enough to salvage a dead expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they can just do that in the final patch anyway, making to be even more content than splitting thin in two patches, and i still don't like the broker as they are straight up copeis of the etherals, evn that is bad.

but again, why split that in two patches, when they can do everything in one, and make it way better than make two half-asset patches?

they did said they weren't working on a 9.2/was not in development, if there is, still is in early development and they can make the final patch anyway.

You seriously thing that will salvage this shitshow? with this team that give us the excrement of lore we are having so far?

and like i said, having many possibilities isn't an argument as they are limited by the people working on then, that is not enough to salvage a dead expansion.
    Cool, you can be pessimistic, I choose not to be. There are plenty of things about Shadowlands I enjoy, and by no means is it a dead expansion to me. You also keep saying split into two patches, but there is literally infinite things you can add with the nature of the shadowlands/the broker it wouldn't be splitting it. Do you consider novels with multiple books a split singular book?

Also please, please, PLEASE show me where they said they weren't working on a 9.2/was not in development, because I have never seen it. This added with the fact they have directly said they are working on the next expansion during the current one and are constantly working on the next content to come along side the current content and I have a hard time believing you.

Also for the lore, I find the shadowlands intriguing, the lore is at least 1000x better than the steaming pile of shit that was BC lore and people suck that expansion off all the time. I think you can add/expand the lore in many different ways that the team can easily do, though they do need to put Slyvannas on the back burner for a good while (rooting for a psychotic break when her souls fused).
    Last edited by bledgor; 2021-09-19 at 10:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

"Delay 10.0 until 2023"?

That would always be the case, regardless.

That said, i don't really care if an expansion lasts for 24 months, 30, or 18, as long as its quality. WoD was a travesty of an expansion, but every single one since has been strong, especially after the initial hurdles\fixes, so i'm expecting a very good 9.2 AND 9.3 before any hints of a 10.0.

So, as for the topic, NO, Blizzard should not skip 9.3.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Would you rather Blizzard delay 10.0 until 2023, or have 9.2 as the last patch in the beg of 2022 with a 10-11 month content draught leading to 10.0. Or you could have 9.2 in Jan, 9.3 in August, and 10.0 in May/June 2023.
    as much as I want there to be a 9.3 I just can't see where they will go with it. in 9.2 we will inevitably end up fighting the Jailer; that is almost certain. but if we don't, what enemy could possibly be introduced this late in the game that could replace the Jailer in 9.2? Anduin? Helya? I know they said that the Jailer is the final boss but they've said that shit before and it's been a fakeout.

Shadowlands is a complete and utter disaster. If they will do a 9.3 it will only do more harm than good for the games survivability. Just look at how long 9.1 was delayed and barely brought anyone back, heck it wasn’t even being hyped. 9.2 will also take at least another 6 months to release which is why they even do a band aid patch in the first place. Waiting for the next expansion to release in 2023 is not something anyone will hold out.

Also the ending of the last raid pretty much shows that the Jailer will be the next boss, unless they completely pull something out of air.

10+ Year Old Account
    10.0 if it happens will be the last non classic expansion of wow 1

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Shadowlands is a complete and utter disaster. If they will do a 9.3 it will only do more harm than good for the games survivability. Just look at how long 9.1 was delayed and barely brought anyone back, heck it wasn’t even being hyped.
    Actually we didn't even got one full content patch overall: 9.1 was more like 9.0.5 and now we get another .5 Patch on top of it. They have no content overall, so what they give us are some scraps they could do quicker to give us something. It's much easier to build new customizations than adding open world content. Heck, it's easier to add a new raid than this, since they can put this in an Instance, rather than testing if something breaks by putting it into the open world. And since the work of 9.2 was put on hold because of the shit blizzard done (the whole drama), i don't expect them to bring anything even remotely out in the near future.

Because of this Blizzard should finally focus on wrapping this up, finish 9.2 prematurely and finally go away from Drama, E-Sports and all sort of crap, close the doors and finally begin to work on the game again. Because on all this crap, I as a customer are absolutely not interested on it: go back, do your work, and keep shit like your private life outside the company. I'm so fed up for all that drama shit that is now everywhere, no matter from them, asmon or whatever. I personally would like to play the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If there was a 9.3 originally planned, there will be a 9.3.

If there was no 9.3 planned it's very unlikely that there will be one.

It won't be 'skipped' as such.
    That's a bold assumption. They planned this expansion before the pandemic and before they lost as many people as they did. Implying that their plans might not have shifted at all, despite all this is naive to say the least.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Would you rather Blizzard delay 10.0 until 2023, or have 9.2 as the last patch in the beg of 2022 with a 10-11 month content draught leading to 10.0. Or you could have 9.2 in Jan, 9.3 in August, and 10.0 in May/June 2023.

I would rather they just give us a decent last patch with no bullshit systems. Let us play that for nearly a year, and have the team full speed ahead making 10.0 good. Get 9.2 out and start Alpha asap, pref in the Spring of 2022, that way we have plenty of time for feedback to be "hopefully" listened to.
    what you describe was the WoD exit strategy. leaded to Legion and seems like it worked at that time.

Tanaan zone + some relatively good raid + a lot collectibles = WoD exit to Legion

but i am not sure such thing works today. at this time they even started all that „spit collectibles in masses on playerbase“ and such stuff. also EVRYTHING alt related worked WAY better in WoD because they had no „systems“. i can remember myself how many of the ppl (that was left in WoD, still playing, in the last 8 months or so) did heavy alt playing. i for myself had 3 full hc + mid mythic equipped chars.

i am not 100% sure about WHAT exactly they can do with 9.2 to get enough quality content to keep players waiting till 10.0 makes „all better“. also i am not sure if the long WoD part costed them sooo much subs, they regreted it. deep somewhere in my mind i remembering that they talked about shorter straighter content delivery, cause WoD second half did a lot of dmg to them. but i am not sure about this.

besides that i dont trust them anyway no longer for a second and i assume 10.0 will come with big marketing campaign and „now we listen, now we do all better“ and in the end its the same cheap shit as the last years. i trust them not even for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Actually we didn't even got one full content patch overall: 9.1 was more like 9.0.5 and now we get another .5 Patch on top of it. They have no content overall,
    Why this hyperbole? We got a full raid and mega dungeon in 9.1 how the actual fuck is that a .0.5 and "no content overal"? There are valid criticism points for Shadowlands but stop with this disingenious "no content".

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    And since the work of 9.2 was put on hold because of the shit blizzard done (the whole drama), i don't expect them to bring anything even remotely out in the near future.
    It wasn't put on hold. Some guy just tweeted that they aren't getting much done, which was weeks ago, when the thing was fresh, they protested and had their internal witch hunts to find some scape goats. In all likelyhood that cost them at most 2 weeks. You can also bet that they internally work on 9.2 in one way or another, since the bit they do in 9.1.5 is hardly worth mentioning.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Why this hyperbole? We got a full raid and mega dungeon in 9.1 how the actual fuck is that a .0.5 and "no content overal"? There are valid criticism points for Shadowlands but stop with this disingenious "no content".
    this, there might be 100 things to complain about in 9.1, but saying it had no content is outright lie

This is an easy one.

9.2 should be the end of SL. There is no more story to tell.

If Blizz wants a 9.3, one of two things must happen:

1) We don't kill the jailer in 9.2, he escapes again- like the end of 9.1. Really? That would just be stupid at the point and almost comical (doesn't mean they won't do it).

2) The jailer isn't really the end boss! We beat him and the real enemy reveals themselves. Blizz has already done this multiple times in other x pacs and they have said that the jailer will be the end boss. (Doesn't mean they won't do it).

The only way I could see a positive 9.3 is if it is a "Return To Azeroth" type patch. Jailer is done and we return home, sets up the next x-pac. Maybe some of the denizens of the SL come with us and join as allied races. Maybe a villain has launched a plot while we are away and we have to return and "take out the trash" so to speak (maybe a small "fun" type raid and dungeon).

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    This is an easy one.

9.2 should be the end of SL. There is no more story to tell.

If Blizz wants a 9.3, one of two things must happen:

1) We don't kill the jailer in 9.2, he escapes again- like the end of 9.1. Really? That would just be stupid at the point and almost comical (doesn't mean they won't do it).

2) The jailer isn't really the end boss! We beat him and the real enemy reveals themselves. Blizz has already done this multiple times in other x pacs and they have said that the jailer will be the end boss. (Doesn't mean they won't do it).

The only way I could see a positive 9.3 is if it is a "Return To Azeroth" type patch. Jailer is done and we return home, sets up the next x-pac. Maybe some of the denizens of the SL come with us and join as allied races. Maybe a villain has launched a plot while we are away and we have to return and "take out the trash" so to speak (maybe a small "fun" type raid and dungeon).
    what if 9.2 was the final big raid of the expansion... and 9.3 just had story with a mega-dungeon on patch launch and a small raid in 9.3.5 - that would work, right?

They should skip 9.3, 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3... etc, you see what I am getting at lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I’d say yes but rushing into 10.0 just to escape shadowlands ASAP will be worthless if it doesn’t have fresh, innovative ideas

Forcing 10.0 before they’re ready will just create another SL

True, they’d be better off abandoning SL for a great 10.0 ASAP but that doesn’t necessarily mean abandoning SL will deliver 10.0 faster, or in better quality.

Fuck 9.3. All my homies hate 9.3.

Give us 1.13.0 instead.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Yeah, I'd prefer 9.3. And I think there's no reason to think there won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    Whether they should or shouldn't do a 9.3 is irrelevant. There simply wont be a 9.3, because every hint and sign under the sun says so.
    There are no such hints other than some people's wishful thinking.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BFA kinda ended with 8.2.5, you could remove 8.3 and nothing would change going into Shadowlands. Can't see why they wouldn't do the same with SL.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!