Poll: Should Shadowlands skip 9.3, to make 10.0 come out sooner?

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sure, another WoD. Why not?

They'll get it right with 10.0, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They came back with Legion, which was the most successful expansion since WotLK. So even if it failed with WoD, they redeemed themselves due to Legion. If they're capable of doing the same with the next expansion, it will be the best for the game.
    Legion was good because first of all, they were humbled by WoD.

They should've been humbled by BfA. They weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    how do you know this that they do not have the talent? maybe with this whole cleaning house thing going on right now, they may bring in much more talented people and it COULD potentially become something players enjoy again.
    And it could result in people with even less talent, making the game a bigger turd than it currently is. You don't know. None of us do, but your argument is basically "just hope it's gonna be good guys k"

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    And it could result in people with even less talent, making the game a bigger turd than it currently is. You don't know. None of us do, but your argument is basically "just hope it's gonna be good guys k"
    And why are Blizzard afforded this special treatment?

Sunk cost fallacy.

people in 2021 still believe in "if they had enough time" lies.
    even if they had 10y to develope shadowlands, it would have come out bad.
    "10.0" will be worse.
    blizz is going true a stalinist style purge, and we all know how SovUnion went after wiping the mensheviks, so why think blizz will fix anything?
    From the "bigboy AAA" companies they are literally the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    how do you know this that they do not have the talent? maybe with this whole cleaning house thing going on right now, they may bring in much more talented people and it COULD potentially become something players enjoy again.
    Blizzard is not a company anyone would like to work at. Below industry standart pay, that was "compensated" by Blizzard prestige which has been burned down during the past few years, with extra napalm bombing in the past few months.

With better paying competitors right next door with much better image, they have hard time hiring anyone at this climate.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    ? That is COMPLETELY subjective, personally I find path of exile to be a steaming pile of shit game, but many people love it and praise it as the best ARPG/dungeon crawler. I find Shadowlands to be quite refreshing coming from Legion/BFA with the infinite grind AP/titanforging. I can play the game as much or as little as I want, and as long as i get my weekly raids/M+ done I don't feel like I'm falling behind.

I don't know, maybe I am weird in that I am glad WoW has evolved from being a game that required all your free time to something I can put in 10 hours a week and not be massively behind. Fact is there is a crazy amount of entertainment put out yearly now a days and like many I don't want to be tied to one game only (MOBA players are a crazy breed of people), so the fact I can comfortably play wow and other games on the side is a big plus to me.

I still stand that 9.1.5 October, February/March 9.2, 9.3 late August/early September, and 10.0 in May/early June. It will make for a 30 month expansion yes, but you blame it a little on covid and more so on them wanting to ensure 10.0 gets its big release. As long as they pull out something big for 10.0 players will easily forgot the delay and come back, besides I know people have a hard on for the end of expansion drought but I notice a lot of my friends are still around, instead of raiding/farming whatever current content they use it to farm all the old mogs/mounts/toys/etc.
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-09-21 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Removed Private Server Discussion
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What 9.3?

It is pretty clear that 9.2 is the endgame for the expansion, what 9.3 would even be?
    9.2 can be about stoping Zovaal, but being to late, and 9.3 dealing with the consequences.
    It's exactly like the last expansion: 8.2 we go to defeat Azshara, and instead we end releasing N'Zoth, expending 8.3 dealing with that.

at this point I wish they would just stop making expansions and let the game die.

there is no 9.3 KEKW how do they skip it? 9.2 in feb > blizzcon > beta > 10.0 in fall
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

They should've been humbled by BfA. They weren't.
    Thats actually the big issue here. In their Heads BfA was a good and successful expansion, when it was in fact worse than WoD.

They honestly believe 8.2 saved everything and everyone was happy after that, while it was basically bandaid and they completely forgot about the 8.3 disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Yeah, they need to just accept that Shadowlands was a failure on all accounts and focus development on the next expansion.

I really struggle to find even one positive thing Shadowlands has going for it, and I don't think it matters how many patches they release, they won't be able to fix it. However if 10.0 has a lot of really awesome features and fun content that could turn things around for the game as a whole, so I'd love for them to just focus entirely on that and move on from SL as soon as humanly possible.
    What they need to do is really and truly identify why SL failed, because if they get that wrong and fuck it up again they're done.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    there is no 9.3 KEKW how do they skip it? 9.2 in feb > blizzcon > beta > 10.0 in fall

IMO there is no way 9.2 releases in february. 9.1.5 does not have a release date yet. We will most likely know around 2 weeks before, so estimating it for middle of October or end of October is realistic. Lets assume Middle of October, that leaves 1 1/2 development time before christmas. They will never put up a PTR for 9.2 before christmas, so earliest in January, second week. To have a release in February this would mean that we only have a 1 month PTR. How should that work out?

9.2 is April, MAYBE, MAYBE March, but I highly doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Apothecary Plagueghoul View Post
    No, the shadowlands is an amazing concept.
    If you want to go back to Azeroth play the other 8 expansions lmao

yeah, you are pretty alone with that

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    IMO there is no way 9.2 releases in february. 9.1.5 does not have a release date yet. We will most likely know around 2 weeks before, so estimating it for middle of October or end of October is realistic. Lets assume Middle of October, that leaves 1 1/2 development time before christmas. They will never put up a PTR for 9.2 before christmas, so earliest in January, second week. To have a release in February this would mean that we only have a 1 month PTR. How should that work out?

9.2 is April, MAYBE, MAYBE March, but I highly doubt it.
    the blizzcon is set and we will have the conclusion of SL before that so they can talk about 10.0 followed by the sylvanas book
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    To do exceedingly well at top tier you have to put in more time than ever. I will just play Conquest of Azeroth if I need a WoW fix anyways, between the god awful pricing of WoW and them slowly transforming the reward systems to match that of popular mobile games it is just not worth it.
    You mean in WoW you have to put in more time then ever? Are you on drugs? You can put in SIGNIFICANTLY less time than either BFA or Legion and be on top, like literal multiple degrees less. You have to put in more than WoD sure, but WoD was BY FAR the less time intensive to stay on top WoW has ever been. Shadowlands is middle of the pack for investment, as you need to spend like 30 minutes weekly for renown, and do like 3 sets of dailies to afford raiding materials (so another 30-40 minutes of work). Add in 4 M+ and got another 2-3 hours. So altogether 3-4 hours a week outside of raid, not that bad.

God awful pricing? You mean the pricing that literally hasn't changed in 17 years???

Also what rewards system to match popular mobile games??? A better value -bonus rolls is a net draw, the removal of titanforging/warforging was BEGGED for and probably a net positive (I don't have numbers to give definitive), no infinite micro grind this expansion that is a keystone of mobile games means less of a reward system like mobile games, and the dailies giving just gold is a beautiful change.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2021-09-21 at 01:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    9.2 can be about stoping Zovaal, but being to late, and 9.3 dealing with the consequences.
    It's exactly like the last expansion: 8.2 we go to defeat Azshara, and instead we end releasing N'Zoth, expending 8.3 dealing with that.
    Failure to stop Zovaal is the fucking end of the universe. That's how far it has escalated. We don't get to deal with failing to stop him after everything has been nuked.

I'd be okay with delaying, did they say anything along those lines?

Well, the schedule most likely was to release the next expansion around September next year. With 9.1 being months behind screws pretty much everything. Also, no sign of 9.1.5s release means that 9.2 is at least 4+ months away. So, next year it will be either 9.3 or 10.0.

While they claimed there will be a 9.3 100% - I don't think Activision will be happy about them delaying the next expansion this much and most likely forces them to release it sooner with a budget 9.3 or something.

I think California lawsuits already cost that raid tier either way.

They can still enjoy it but that doesn't mean the game is good, just addictive.
    What an absurd thing to say. But i guess that's what MMOC has become.

They can still enjoy it but that doesn't mean the game is good, just addictive.
    "NOOO, they cant like something I dislike -- they must be addicted! Thats the only way possible!"

And people think liking Shadowlands is just pure copium.