Reaching Vashj'ir

I have a tauren paladin, she was level 63 or 64 prior during the Legion expansion. She was in Outland and had her baby flying mount.

I left WoW shortly before the BFA pre-launch event and returned for the Shadowlands pre-launch event. Post level squish, my paladin was level 27.

I decided to finish leveling her to 50. I asked Chromie to assign me to the Cataclysm timeline. I was told to check the Warchief's Command board, but it only offers me the zones Western Plaguelands, Badlands, and Townlong Steppes (Pandaria). After clicking the board, I get a "Talk to Chromie in the Valley of Honor" follow-up. She's right near the board I clicked in the Valley of Strength. I talk to her and the quest completes, and she disappears, and that's it. If I talk to her again at her main spot near the Ogrimmar Embassy, she asks if I want to choose a different timeline or return to the present.

I went into Grommash Hold, and General Nazgrim offered me a quest to "Present myself to the warchief." I accepted, and the cutscene that begins Pandaria for the Horde played. Nazgrim offered the follow-up quest, "All Aboard," to begin Pandaria, and I didn't accept it.

I can't get the quest to begin Vashj'ir. It's not offered on the Warchief's Command Board, nor by Farseer Krogar on the high cliff in rear Orgrimmar, where the portals to the various Cataclysm zones are.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there any reason why the breadcrumb quest to start Vashj'ir isn't being offered?

EDIT: Despite the quest saying to talk to Chromie in the Valley of Honor, she is not there. When you click on the Warchief's Command Board in the Valley of Strength, she appears right next to that board in the Valley of Strength.
    Last edited by HollyCarp; 2021-09-19 at 10:33 AM.

doesn't that one start at the dock outside Org?
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    Am I doing something wrong? Is there any reason why the breadcrumb quest to start Vashj'ir isn't being offered?
    Cause you went to the wrong starting point, guy above already said it, its the boat outside of Orgrimmar to the left as you go out, all the way to the docks/tower.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Cataclysm zones have a higher level requirement than the Classic/Vanilla ones, which are bundled together under the Cataclysm expansion for Chromie - or at least that is the impression I got since clearing the Pandaria intro still doesn't cause any Vashj'ir or Hyjal quests to become available under Cataclysm timewalking. Sadly I don't know what this level is, but considering at 50 you go to Shadowlands, it feels like 27 should be enough to have access to Cataclysm areas.

The boat is, as far as I'm aware, irrelevant, as you get a quest sending you to the docks while inside Orgrimmar. Used to be in the Cataclysm portal area before the changes, maybe check that out?
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2021-09-19 at 10:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Cause you went to the wrong starting point, guy above already said it, its the boat outside of Orgrimmar to the left as you go out, all the way to the docks/tower.
    I checked there. Sorry for not mentioning this. But I went there as well, and the quest is not offered.

30 is when Cataclysm quests open up; you can get them from the Heroes' Call board. For some reason they want you to be able to get flying before starting in Cata zones. I guess because Hyjal and Deepholm completely suck ass without a flying mount.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    30 is when Cataclysm quests open up; you can get them from the Heroes' Call board. For some reason they want you to be able to get flying before starting in Cata zones. I guess because Hyjal and Deepholm completely suck ass without a flying mount.
    This makes sense. Too bad I can already fly. Like I said, this toon was over level 60 BEFORE the level squish and could fly in Outland. The level squish put her below level 30.

Guess I'll have to find somewhere else to level to 30, then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Swim as deep as you can. When your vision becomes cloudy and your lungs feel like they are on fire, then you're close.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    It's not really "sucks ass" they are completely impossible. You have to be able to fly to and from the skyship for Deepholme and to shelves/cliffs that have no actual way up from the ground, as well as to a couple floating platforms. There are also quests in Hyjal that are questionable without flying, like the one where you kill Aviana's consort, which I guess is possible if you carefully wall-walk your way up but definitely not intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's not really "sucks ass" they are completely impossible. You have to be able to fly to and from the skyship for Deepholme and to shelves/cliffs that have no actual way up from the ground, as well as to a couple floating platforms. There are also quests in Hyjal that are questionable without flying, like the one where you kill Aviana's consort, which I guess is possible if you carefully wall-walk your way up but definitely not intended.
    You basically just said they suck ass, with a lot more words than I used.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

You need to do the All Aboard quest to gain access to Vashj'ir. You have to ride the submarine from that quest to do the intro quests to unlock the portal later on.