Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    It’s already doing that with say people complaining about the shop and people leaving because of it when Ff has a much larger one.
    LFD killed wow but FF had LFD from 2.0 /smh

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I play to gear, so gear increases mean a lot to me.
    If gear is really your main reason to play then what do you do when you have the gear, that is the worst reason to play a game, gear means nothing if you can clear all the games cutting edge content and still doesnt mean you play any better.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Money is only one of the many factors. Time is a limited resource that has to be used wisely. Spending 200+ hours just to get glamour dressers to go in houses while there's tons of other major stuff needing to be done doesn't exactly seem like the best use of time when you need an expansion out the door. And you can't just hire more people because budgets exist regardless of how greedy or not the company is, and these games can only make so much money.

    If you want a game that's never squished, go play EQ2. I think they're doing hundreds of trillions of DPS now. Raid zones lag every fight because of it, and you can't really see your numbers because there are so many procs and talents (over 350 talent points!) that you just get a cloud of numbers every swing/skill. THey literally have to design fights around not having too many adds or things going on because numbers are so big. But hey they've never diminished your feeling of power growth via squishes! It must be doing great and is totally not dying right? Cause the squish killed WoW so no squish means vibrant, amazing game right? Right?
    I'd much rather have billions of dps then squishes, that's my opinion, you can have your own. I don't like squishing the numbers, but yes, to an extent it was need for performance eventually.

    The level squish however was not needed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    If gear is really your main reason to play then what do you do when you have the gear, that is the worst reason to play a game, gear means nothing if you can clear all the games cutting edge content and still doesnt mean you play any better.
    I gear a new character, it's what I like to do, I like to increase my characters power.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I'd much rather have billions of dps then squishes, that's my opinion, you can have your own. I don't like squishing the numbers, but yes, to an extent it was need for performance eventually.

    The level squish however was not needed.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I gear a new character, it's what I like to do, I like to increase my characters power.
    The level squish was needed, there is too many levels that are not needed, the difference in stats between expansions was far too much and makes no sense, the numbers are only in the game for math so how big a dps number is doesnt matter at all.

    Gearing is the easiest thing to do in WoW, its something that just happens playing the game, the game just hands you gear for very little effort that its boring.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  5. #65
    Honestly either one is ideal.

    Off the top of my head.

    FF14 has a very mediocre engine, wonky servers, and all around flows 25% slower than it should (movement speed, story pacing, combat, etc, etc.), the classes are very homogenized in each category with mostly just flavor differences, and while the devs are no doubt cooler, the game also seems to be quite underfunded, despite currently making $50 million a month on subs (not including it's large cash shop, merch, or box sales). I'm a bit lost on that one.

    WoW has arrogant & elitist devs, game design promotes predatory practices and elitist behavior, lack of innovation, only current patch content is relevant despite 17 years of content, essentially only 3 things to do (raid, M+, pvp) in CURRENT content, and a significantly worse community.

    They both have a host of issues.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-09-19 at 08:27 PM.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The level squish was needed, there is too many levels that are not needed, the difference in stats between expansions was far too much and makes no sense, the numbers are only in the game for math so how big a dps number is doesnt matter at all.

    Gearing is the easiest thing to do in WoW, its something that just happens playing the game, the game just hands you gear for very little effort that its boring.
    It doesn't just hand you bis gear though?

  7. #67
    Honestly having two popular MMOs is the best case scenario. The competition keeps both companies on their toes. And players can hop back and forth between the two during lulls in content.

    Personally I'm still raiding on WoW but I spend a lot of time on FF14 just leveling and rping.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It doesn't just hand you bis gear though?
    Do an easy 15 key, get handed a 252 item, kill some easy mythic raid bosses get handed 252 items, mythic plus you can farm items that upgrade to 246, you get handed gear for doing easy content, the difference with most gears performance is very small, there is only a few trinkets that are better than the rest so all the other gear does not matter what you wear, so a proper raider does not really care about BiS.

    By the time you have so called BiS items you outgear all the relevant content. Skill trumps having BiS gear.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-09-19 at 09:04 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Do an easy 15 key, get handed a 252 item, kill some easy mythic raid bosses get handed 252 items, mythic plus you can farm items that upgrade to 246, you get handed gear for doing easy content, the difference with most gears performance is very small, there is only a few trinkets that are better than the rest so all the other gear does not matter what you wear, so a proper raider does not really care about BiS.

    By the time you have so called BiS items you outgear all the relevant content. Skill trumps having BiS gear.
    I get no joy out of beating bosses, I get joy out of getting gear. All I care about is gearing characters, and that's the way I've played this game for 17 years. People play for different reasons.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I get no joy out of beating bosses, I get joy out of getting gear. All I care about is gearing characters, and that's the way I've played this game for 17 years. People play for different reasons.
    The whole point in WoW is killing bosses and thats the only way you can actually gear unless you do very high level PvP and you cant get BiS just doing just PvP, if you just play casual thats fine but dont say you just play for gear or BiS items when you dont do the content that gives it.

    WoWs solo content is just terrible, the only reason to play WoW is for its actual decent group based content.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-09-19 at 09:32 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The whole point in WoW is killing bosses and thats the only way you can actually gear unless you do very high level PvP and you cant get BiS just doing just PvP, if you just play casual thats fine but dont say you just play for gear or BiS items when you dont do the content that gives it.
    I kill the bosses, i just don't really care when they die, I care about the gear that drops from them. I'll do whatever i need to to get the best gear.

    Including dodging 100 lightning strikes in FFX or any other stupid thing that might take hours upon hours.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I kill the bosses, i just don't really care when they die, I care about the gear that drops from them. I'll do whatever i need to to get the best gear.

    Including dodging 100 lightning strikes in FFX or any other stupid thing that might take hours upon hours.
    If you get no joy actually doing the games content why do you play it, playing for just gear makes no sense, you are putting all your motivation on a complete RNG system to get loot, all you get is dissapointment if gear is all you care about.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  13. #73
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,123
    I don't think FF14 is necessarily going to follow the same route as WoW. Not because the devs are so perfect or anything, but because WoW's dev team and FF14's dev team tend to have very different philosophies about their games. WoW is constantly trying to reinvent the wheel and do different things. WoW Classic and Shadowlands are basically indistinguishable from one another. As a result, players like me, who loved the Classic era of WoW, are annoyed with Blizz because they basically removed all of the things that originally made WoW what it was.

    The FF14 team on the other hand seems to value consistency over basically everything else. As a result, the game knows what it is and sticks to that while making incremental changes. This is both to its benefit and detriment, BUT the FF playerbase knows this and is more willing to just accept that they no longer like the game and quit.

    That being said, it's definitely a different feeling when they ruin something you once loved. For instance, I loved Ranged Survival Hunter. It makes me really angry that they changed it to melee, because they essentially took away something I loved. I personally have never liked Rogue all that much, so if they make changes that result in me still not liking it, I don't really care that much because nothing has really changed for me.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    If you get no joy actually doing the games content why do you play it, playing for just gear makes no sense, you are putting all your motivation on a complete RNG system to get loot, all you get is dissapointment if gear is all you care about.
    I've been enjoying the game for 17 years playing this way, and am currently playing through it again in through classic, so it's working for me /shrug.

  15. #75
    Blizzard had your confidence in a diff era. The people running the company were nerds who loved playing video games, they showed up to work in flip flops shorts and t shirts. Think of how Metzen looked and acted, that's the old crew when games were good.
    Now the people running the company are suits who want $$$. Yes I know the new CO < key word here, CO-president plays WoW. IT still doesn't mean he's not a suit who bows before bobby and the share holders.... brack played WoW too.

    Out with the old, in with the new. No king rules forever, the king should of been overthrown a long time ago but the peasants didn't have anyone else to put on the throne. Blizzard is now 13th century King john, if you don't know who that is he's basically the king from every robin hood story. He was an english king that the people hated who ruining england and they over threw him.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Well assuming extreme, sustained and lucrative success for a few years, I just don't see Square Enix ending up in Blizzard's position of corporate greed taking over every single aspect of development and marketing.
    Are you talking about the company that took a game people wanted remastered, remade it instead, changed the combat, changed parts of the story, and broke it into pieces so they can make more money based on hype?

    Don't believe the hype it's a sequel, as an equal can I get this through to you.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Are you talking about the company that took a game people wanted remastered, remade it instead, changed the combat, changed parts of the story, and broke it into pieces so they can make more money based on hype?

    Don't believe the hype it's a sequel, as an equal can I get this through to you.
    I was quite pleased with FFVIIR honestly, the expanded story and new direction was quite good imo.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    TWITCH:
    41.3k views World of Warcraft
    12,7k views FF

    I know which king is gonna rule over which

    Even tho pple say FF is busier then WOW, it show doesnt show.
    Twitch =/= subscriber numbers bud
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    "The grass is always greener" is probably more accurate than you know.

    Same daily grinds
    Same 0 zero world content
    Less raids
    No m+

    If you could create an alternate universe and transplant 100% of wow players to FF, the game would shut down a second time from drowning in the tears of complaints.
    There is plenty of world content and lack of m+ is a GOOD thing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    TWITCH:
    41.3k views World of Warcraft
    12,7k views FF

    I know which king is gonna rule over which

    Even tho pple say FF is busier then WOW, it show doesnt show.
    Basing popularity solely on Twitch views is asinine.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I'd much rather have billions of dps then squishes, that's my opinion, you can have your own. I don't like squishing the numbers, but yes, to an extent it was need for performance eventually.

    The level squish however was not needed.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I gear a new character, it's what I like to do, I like to increase my characters power.
    The swap jobs and gear that job. It's literally the same thing, you just don't need to level an alt.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Are you talking about the company that took a game people wanted remastered, remade it instead, changed the combat, changed parts of the story, and broke it into pieces so they can make more money based on hype?

    Don't believe the hype it's a sequel, as an equal can I get this through to you.
    People didn't want it remastered. they wanted a new game because everything about the old FFXIV was garbage.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Humor me though. How do you know for a fact FF14 has less subs than WoW? Do you have private information you're willing to share on either game that details actual concurrent subscribers at any recent data point? How do you know how WoW lost .5% subs (from what point to what point)? Was this value published anywhere or was this insider info you're privy too?

    I have no idea which game has more subs so I don't speculate. I just merely call out when people (on either side) let their bias and irrationality make baseless statements. If you have data to prove your point I'll entertain it, but you're claiming facts with no actual analysis or basis and frankly it's disrespectful to an actual discussion.
    How do YOU know they haven't. Everyone going on and on about FF14 is making all these baseless claims. I play both games and I see how many players are on both at the same time. My guild in retail alone averages about 100 players on all day. I have friends in about 6 guild that averages more. My guild in classic era and classic tbc has the same.

    I have gone a few hours in FF14 not seeing a single person, whereas in wow I have not gone a minutes.

    Everyone playing FF14 right now will soon discover although the classes have all this stuff they are pretty hallow in design.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    If gear is really your main reason to play then what do you do when you have the gear, that is the worst reason to play a game, gear means nothing if you can clear all the games cutting edge content and still doesnt mean you play any better.
    You hone your skills and parse. That is one of the major factors why FF14 WILL lose 99% of it's new playerbase. If you can not log or have dnf meters. End game means nothing. This is just fact.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •