Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its actualy extremly believable,companies that focus on pc instead of mobile are literaly going against their own financial interest,also mobile gaming tech has evolved extremly well in recent years

there are cheap mobile games out there that bring in multiple times more money than any pc only game,its cheapter to make,host and play
    No it really isn't.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Warcraft Immortal?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yeah none of the mobile stuff would surprise me at all - but nintendo switch?

SOMETHING with the warcraft IP on Xbox SX or PS5? Maybe. But Nintendo? And on by far the least powerful console of LAST generation, with no new console on the horizon? It doesnt make ANY sense.
    Yeah I don't see it happening on the Switch either.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I came back from the year 2067 and can confirm that wow is still chugging along but that some players who have been playing since vanilla are certain that the 31st expansion will be the last one before it goes f2p.
    You forgot to mention that they renamed it to Universe of Warcraft and the cash shop is selling the ability to physically hit other players because everybody will be required to wear haptic suits. The basement of a bar in Stormwind will be the "fight club" where cameras will be required on both computers to see how badly the players are getting beaten up and if you get beaten badly enough that you die, your real name will be put up in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I came back from the year 2067 and can confirm that wow is still chugging along but that some players who have been playing since vanilla are certain that the 31st expansion will be the last one before it goes f2p.
    Don't lie to us. They'd be on AT MOST expansion number 15 by 2067 at this rate with going f2p likely happening LONG before a 31st expansion.

Sure, makes sense to me Blizzard will happily and seamlessly abandon 1 - 1.5 billion of annual revenue (roughly 18% of Activision's revenue), let alone a huge margin of profits. If there is one thing Activision takes seriously it's $$$ And they do not kill, butcher and skin the cow, they'll milk it for as long as reasonably possible.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They could end it with the the 10th expansion, make some mobiles and keep classic going.

7+ Year Old Account
    The notion that share holders would be okay with a company, quite literally, killing off one of their cash cows....

Utterly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    The notion that share holders would be okay with a company, quite literally, killing off one of their cash cows....

Utterly ridiculous.
    More like udderly ridiculous, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    10/10 my dude, 10/10!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    one which we have to play covered in jelly.
    True story:

And the addon for Oculus Rift:

Ring knows the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even if this were true, which it obviously isn't, the 10th expansion (11.0) won't come out until 2025 at the earliest.

By the time we're in 2025 the situation with the game and the market in general will probably be completely different.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I was tempted to misspell it, but, figured that would be too obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    As per Bobby himself. Retail WoW development will be abandoned after wow’s 10th expansion.
    you got a quote for that statement from ol' bobby? as much as i hate the guy and how he runs activision, i'm not going to blindly believe he openly said this.

7+ Year Old Account
    As per Bobby himself. Retail WoW development will be abandoned after wow’s 10th expansion.

Currently, there are two WoW mobile games near completion. One is Pokémon style (might just be pet battles only) for iOS and Android and the other is a new take on WoW playable on the Nintendo switch.

Both new mobile games are free to play. WoW, both retail and classic versions will continue as a combination of free to play and premium sub.
    i highly doubt that but cool story bro tell it again.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Why can't they do both? Why can't they do what they did for Overwatch? I just don't know if Overwatch was mobile. I meant have the game available on multiple platforms including systems not just PC. (Yes this would mean mobile too)

WoW playable on the Nintendo switch.
    No way WoW would be on Switch before going on Playstation.

Completely credible looking at the reaction of Diablo Immortal at Blizzcon, making WoW a mobile game would be just what Blizzard would choose... lol this doesn't make sense

I like the idea of finishing it sooner than later, do the cosmic war for the fate of the universe and end it. but I don't trust blizzard to have that level of shame.