Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Are there mobile MMOs/games that do monthly subs?
    I dunno but if you think people complain about the cash shop now... just wait to see what happens if WoW ever went free to play

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    you got a quote for that statement from ol' bobby? as much as i hate the guy and how he runs activision, i'm not going to blindly believe he openly said this.
    There is no quote. If there was it would be on every gaming news site in the known universe, Twitter and everywhere else. Since it isn't there is no quote.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    As per Bobby himself. Retail WoW development will be abandoned after wow’s 10th expansion.

Currently, there are two WoW mobile games near completion. One is Pokémon style (might just be pet battles only) for iOS and Android and the other is a new take on WoW playable on the Nintendo switch.

Both new mobile games are free to play. WoW, both retail and classic versions will continue as a combination of free to play and premium sub.
    Sounds like a load of bullshit.

We currently do not know the mobile games in progress, yet, and they sure as hell ain't going to sacrifice one of their main cash-cows for mobile apps.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So why is a thread based on a lie allowed to stay up?
    It's mmoc, if the mods actually did their jobs and closed/banned ops that just shit post and rage bait the site would have 3 threads a month.

Instead they ban the people that call out the obvious trolls/bait threads.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Mobile yes, but I think that the higher possibility is that Blizzard will either be sold or the name will be changed to get rid of the association with the sexual scandal that just happened. Bobby "nodick" Kotick will continue killing the company little by little because he really has no clue what he is doing and he doesn't really care much anymore. Kotick is almost 60, rich as hell, with no kids and no family, in other words he is only hanging around if he can sit on a throne and be worshipped by sycophant's. The expansion packs will continue as long as they are selling over a million copies per expansion but below that there will be questions about the value of continuing on a downward spiral or selling the brand while it is still worth something.
    No kids? Somebody better tell Audrey Kotick they don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    As per Bobby himself. Retail WoW development will be abandoned after wow’s 10th expansion.

Currently, there are two WoW mobile games near completion. One is Pokémon style (might just be pet battles only) for iOS and Android and the other is a new take on WoW playable on the Nintendo switch.

Both new mobile games are free to play. WoW, both retail and classic versions will continue as a combination of free to play and premium sub.
    look, I know you hate wow. But fact is - wow retail on PC rakes in the big bucks on the regular. Shit all you want on SL, it made alot of money for ActiBlizz and will continue to do so with subs, mounts,token++.

It makes zero sense whatsoever to give up on wow on pc right now. Add more games/venues to explore the warcraft universe? Sure, mobile games are probably coming. End retail wow on PC? No chance.

Most people bitching and moaning now about SL will buy the next xpac and sub up.

10+ Year Old Account
    This mobile WoW meme was already old half a decade ago.

Give it a rest will ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    News like that would be front page, so there is no way I’d believe any of this nonsense.

I don’t doubt there is more mobile content coming, though.

Op if you want to troll at least check reality before - we are in 8th expansion, so the supposed "end" is like 5y ahead... doubt they have such cut and dry plans so far ahead... especialy considering wow is still making INCREDIBLE amounts of money...

My coffee grounds this morning read that 12.0 will be about space dildos and it's on my PC.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Why you always fall to OP's bait threads? Check her started threads and how many are closed.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Why you always fall to OP's bait threads? Check her started threads and how many are closed.
    We can only really shit on him, because the rules forbid us from calling him and others out on their bullshit.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    So pathetic. People have been predicting wow mobile imminent since about LK. Not gonna happen anytime soon or it will be a parallel product, not the actual retail line. Wow is completely unfit for mobile devices and you should simplify the hell out of every aspect of the game to be playable on mobile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    We're "discussing" this crap, if that can be called even discussion.

Not our fault shit like this stays open and is allowed to happen and fester on a daily basis by the same few bad faith posters. Like this thread is opened to literally just agitate people with fake news to boot, but nobody with a power to do anything about it gives a damn apparently.

So we end up "discussing", because that's what we do.

the best way to squeeze money out of the blizzard ip is in making movies and tv out of the lore. trying to make pc games in a mobile world isnt very good. they could sell the blizzard ips to disney. but before they do that, it would be wise to reset the lore to wow vanilla to stir up as much nostalgia as possible. otherwise you are making tv about the janitor. they gotta scrub current wow out of this first.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Getting anyone to play WoW even for free is a losing battle now that 99% of all players left. The casuals see the game catering only to the 1% hardcore raiders and feel alienated. No point in giving blizzard feedback either as it seems they want the game to die but don’t wanna kill it abruptly. They have plans for a WoW mobile to take over the IP in the future.

Simply Google WoW mobile.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    My coffee grounds this morning read that 12.0 will be about space dildos and it's on my PC.
    Well... Those Legion spaceships needed to be just A LITTLE more stylized and from a distance, they would have looked disturbingly similar to... /puke
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well... Those Legion spaceships needed to be just A LITTLE more stylized and from a distance, they would have looked disturbingly similar to... /puke
    Return of the legion confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    We're "discussing" this crap, if that can be called even discussion.

Not our fault shit like this stays open and is allowed to happen and fester on a daily basis by the same few bad faith posters. Like this thread is opened to literally just agitate people with fake news to boot, but nobody with a power to do anything about it gives a damn apparently.

So we end up "discussing", because that's what we do.
    Yeah it's kind of disheartening to say the least. I know the mods volunteer but at the same time I couldn't volunteer to coach a little league baseball team while also showing up drunk and punching the kids. Not doing your job=not doing your job paid or not.

Source: 'dude trust me'.