300 53.38%
  • Battle for Azeroth was the most enjoyable of the 3

135 24.02%
  • Shadowlands was/is still the most enjoyable of the 3

127 22.60%
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    BFA, it had the least amount of garbage systems and cow clicker shit out of the three.
    are you kidding me? lol. BFA had the most systems out of all of these and every system it has was in the game in some sort of way since 7.3 with Legion's crucible rng crap
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    are you kidding me?
    I'm sorry I guess I didn't make garbage systems obvious enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta be honest.. Corruption really made BfA enjoyable for me hahaha.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I'm sorry I guess I didn't make garbage systems obvious enough.
    Nah man. Azerite system sucked major ass. I absolutely hated the fact that in order to use the gear I got I had to farm out Azerite on my neck and heaven forbid it was a piece that I wanted.

Professions? Only really felt like they mattered during the first part of BFA and were subsequently gutted outside of maybe Alchemy and Enchanting (and even then their worth was diminished after a while).

Corruption was either awesome if you got the ones you wanted or absolute crap with the RNG. Combined with the fact that they were so broken that PvP matches literally became less about skill and more about lucky procs on select Corruption pieces made this the worst system ever implemented. Not even going to touch on how much these gave a boost to PvE encounters where a majority of your damage was a damn corruption proc.

I might be biased though, but I hate BFA with a passion because of its systems. And from what I gathered about SL, it seems they doubled down on the unnecessary systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekis View Post
    Nah man. Azerite system sucked major ass. I absolutely hated the fact that in order to use the gear I got I had to farm out Azerite on my neck and heaven forbid it was a piece that I wanted.

Professions? Only really felt like they mattered during the first part of BFA and were subsequently gutted outside of maybe Alchemy and Enchanting (and even then their worth was diminished after a while).

Corruption was either awesome if you got the ones you wanted or absolute crap with the RNG. Combined with the fact that they were so broken that PvP matches literally became less about skill and more about lucky procs on select Corruption pieces made this the worst system ever implemented. Not even going to touch on how much these gave a boost to PvE encounters where a majority of your damage was a damn corruption proc.

I might be biased though, but I hate BFA with a passion because of its systems. And from what I gathered about SL, it seems they doubled down on the unnecessary systems.
    sorry! if the perimeters included legion and not WoD (for some fucking reason) I would have gone with that over the rest. but as it stands, out of the three, I enjoyed BFA the most.

for the record I never had issue with the RNG and the neck system wasn't the best but it's not as aggravating as torghast or the void of content that was WoD.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-10-06 at 12:21 AM.

Mann, that's like asking me to choose between being choked to death, drowning to death or coughing to death.

SL just straight up gets disqualified. guild took a 3 month break after we killed M denatrius a few times cause there wasn't much else to do and from the looks of it there is a real chance the same will happen with sylvanas.

and BFA loses to WoD. BFA just felt too much like watered down legion with all the new features failing hard, while from WoD i mostly remember stuff like leveing an alt in an hour with treasure + that potion, 20 second boss kills and legendary ring shananigans. kinda impressive tbh, the corruption system had all the potential to create a similar memory but somehow it just didn't manage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Mann, that's like asking me to choose between being choked to death, drowning to death or coughing to death.
    that's an easy choice though. choke by far the most comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    that's an easy choice though. choke by far the most comfortable.
    Uhm..

Should I ask?

To have shadowlands on there is disingenuous. People tend to remember expansions as their final iteration after Blizzard fixes a bunch of issues. Shadowlands isn't over yet so there is a lot of room for improvement to make the game fun like what 9.1.5 is doing.

I really like the ideas behind both WoD and BfA but WoD suffered from content drought. Not sure why they took so long without adding anything but in hindsight, if you ignore that, WoD was actually pretty great.

BfA tried to add too much I think and most of it came out just half assed and bad. Island exploration was terrible and boring. Warfronts were bad. The whole PvP thing backfired but thematically it was pretty ok.

azerite was literally tier but better.
    professions haven't mattered since frozen shadoweave.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    azerite was literally tier but better.
    professions haven't mattered since frozen shadoweave.
    Better in what way? You have to farm Azerite just to unlock the bonuses on your gear instead of, you know, having tier sets? Ooh, how about when Mythic+ Azerite gear was actually better in many cases than ACTUAL raid Azerite gear, sometimes better than raid gear w/ a higher item level than it? Heaven forbid you got a trait on an epic Azerite item that's supposed to be good but immediately replaced it because an OP trait was better on a blue. Or heaven forbid the skill you were just using on a lower item level Azerite piece is now no longer available to you because it's now 2 rings away, yet it literally has the same skills as that lower-level one so you gotta go back on the Azerite farm again. Character progression be damned. EDIT: Oh, and I can't wait to see how many people go back to farm Azerite gear because it "looks good" when the next expansion drops.

Calling it tier "but better" is highly disingenuous.

As for professions, I'd like to point you to literally every expansion before Legion. I take it you missed out on when you could add gem sockets to gear with Blacksmithing back in the day, or how you could literally get Crusader Orbs/Frozen Orbs/Runed Orbs in Wrath to craft then-current raid equivalent items at every major patch iteration without having to have done the previous patch's content first. You're either out of your mind or seriously never played any expansion outside of the current stuff and TBC: Classic.
    Last edited by Ekis; 2021-10-06 at 07:13 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Glad to see after 7 days that BFA isn't being rose-tinted too badly and acknowledged as the worst expansion. A lot of the features from BFA are things people complained about in 7.3 [Netherlight Cruicble [Proto-type azerite powers] & 9.0 [borrowed powers, invasions, etc] are things that people complained about then and now

- - - Updated - - -

It honestly isn't that bad of a line if you consider the full situation and context. She should've just instead said:

Jailer: "I will forge a new reality and all shall serve..
    Arthas: Serve
    Lich King: Serve
    Zovaal: me.
    *Sylvanas fires her black arrow and is caught by Zovaal*
    Sylvanas: "And never more."
    and then she gets on her Raven Lord mount and attempts to flee

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Afaik WoD only suffered from some messy lore and a lack of content. Aesthetically and thematically it was on point and something like Highmaul was amazing
    I enjoyed WOD, especially thematically, it was the last time it felt like a Warcraft universe. In this regard BFA had great aesthetics too, but I didn't enjoy it thematically.

BfA because it had content for non-raiders. WoD was raid or die, which sucked hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    I liked BfA way more than WoD, but looks like I'm in the minority with that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Uhm..

Should I ask?
    drowning causes a biologically hardwired fear, coughing will become painful before it becomes lethal. half the time you choke on something it's just mildly uncomfortable until you start to run out of air. (and ofc if you count getting choked, that's even better cause losing consciousness from cut circulation to the brain is like falling asleep in 15-30 sec so you are spared the asphyxiation part.)

Everything from WOD onward was crap (if WOD was a half a hair less crap, it was only because it had some of the old game\class\ideas still in it)

Better in what way? You have to farm Azerite just to unlock the bonuses on your gear instead of, you know, having tier sets? Ooh, how about when Mythic+ Azerite gear was actually better in many cases than ACTUAL raid Azerite gear, sometimes better than raid gear w/ a higher item level than it? Heaven forbid you got a trait on an epic Azerite item that's supposed to be good but immediately replaced it because an OP trait was better on a blue. Or heaven forbid the skill you were just using on a lower item level Azerite piece is now no longer available to you because it's now 2 rings away, yet it literally has the same skills as that lower-level one so you gotta go back on the Azerite farm again. Character progression be damned. EDIT: Oh, and I can't wait to see how many people go back to farm Azerite gear because it "looks good" when the next expansion drops.

Calling it tier "but better" is highly disingenuous.

As for professions, I'd like to point you to literally every expansion before Legion. I take it you missed out on when you could add gem sockets to gear with Blacksmithing back in the day, or how you could literally get Crusader Orbs/Frozen Orbs/Runed Orbs in Wrath to craft then-current raid equivalent items at every major patch iteration without having to have done the previous patch's content first. You're either out of your mind or seriously never played any expansion outside of the current stuff and TBC: Classic.
    You mean use crafting to make non-tier pieces in tier slots that noone used? except i guess gold farmers

Ah, yes, tier. The thing that people wax poetic about but conveniently forget the acquisition. Azerite was plentiful. So what if it "wasn't your best"; tier was frequently dogshit. I'd take 6 (3) major powers and 3 minor ones over 2 bonuses that you often took months to acquire, or you had welfare tier from a content patch or two ago.
    woooo

So yeah, tier but better.

LOL REMEMBER TRYING TO PUG ALYSRAZOR STAGHELM ULTRAXION BEFORE CROSS SERVER RAIDS? LOL
    AYO LOL REMEMBER TRYING TO GET A KILL ON GOREFIEND OR XHUL'HORAC OR IRON MAIDENS? LOL

Azerite > tier. You may have disliked it, but numbers don't really lie.
    Last edited by Kehego; 2021-10-06 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD easily. While the content was sparse and mediocre, the game still felt like WoW. A crappy version of WoW, but WoW nonetheless.

This entire borrowed power era has been a dumpster fire. The only reason it's not seen as a complete and utter failure by everyone is because Legion had an absolute ass-ton of content (because they killed off WoD to work on it early). If Legion had the same amount of content as BfA, it too would be seen as a huge failure.

I can't think of any redeeming qualities in the Legion-SL era beyond the cosmetic stuff in Legion. Everything else, from the RNG bullshit to the infinite grinds to the horrible systems design, has been flat-out insulting.