View Poll Results: I think that...

Voters
555. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warlords of Draenor was the most enjoyable of the 3

    294 52.97%
  • Battle for Azeroth was the most enjoyable of the 3

    134 24.14%
  • Shadowlands was/is still the most enjoyable of the 3

    127 22.88%
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    1. Actually, whats the SL content we have? Beside covenant-related activities. It really didn't brought THAT MUCH UP. A bit more than WOD, yes. But not THAT MUCH.

    2. Yep... they brought back many abilities... Like "auras" for paladins which we already had as "passive" in our spell book in BFA. They literally took away my retribution's aura and made me play devotion aura mandatory if I'm solo ret in grp/raid.
    2.1 Many artifact abilities remained in BFA (some as talents, some as baseline abilities). What are you even talking about?

    3. Having "bugs" and server lag/queue is not the same, mate.

    4. 1-2 hrs/week? For real? Teach me how to do that, please.
    What "must do" grind we had in BFA compared to SL? Azerite power? Which had catch-up mechanic? If you skip 1-2-3 weeks.... you can get all of that in 30 mins in 4th week. WHY DO WE EVEN HAVE CHORES IN GAME FFS?!?!?!?!

    5. Lol? SL is 1 of the alt-unfriendliest expansions, EVER. Shares 1st place with Legion. Just above BFA post-essences. BFA pre-essences was actually super alt friendly exp.
    Gear that drops form Korthia? What can you play with that? Unless you grind 300+ hrs Archivist rep to be able to upgrade very same gear to 220+

    I call your post nonsense tbh.
    To your 4th point, I get the 2 renown in about half an hour, 1 wing of flawless torghast for the weekly adamant vault (25-30 mins) and one speed run wing done in about 15.

    So yes under 1.5 hours a week to progress my character, instead of literally islands or maw of souls FOREVER.

    Also i love how people say "i have to grind in shadowlands but in bfa i could just wait a 4 weeks and catch it up".

    You can... do that... with.... renown...

    Essences you couldn't wait and catch up, corruptions you couldn't wait and catch up, azerite pieces you couldn't wait and catch up.

    literally the only thing you have to do weekly is 30-45 mins of torghast IF you don't have a 262 leggo

    Edit- also mop and wod were was worse for alt friendliness as you stuck behind an endless gated quest chain for your leggo, imagine trying to compete without the ring or cloak proc compared to the 200 dps between and 190 and 260 lego
    Last edited by Caerrona; 2021-09-21 at 05:13 AM.

  2. #102
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    17,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I chuckled on this 1.

    What classes did you play pre-legion?
    In mop I played a monk but dropped it in the org drought.

    In Wod I tried ret pally but got board in a couple of heroics with how awful holy power was. Tried to lvl a Druid/dk/hunter but they were boring so never got to 90. Got an enh shaman to 90 and did some pvp was ok not great.

    The only class I’d say was all that fun was my rouge.

    I likely put more time screwing around with things like pick pocketing and fishing then any thing else with the lack luster classes and lack of content.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  3. #103
    Brewmaster Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    WoD didn't have m+ so BFA - SL - WOD
    It had something better, Challenge Mode.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    In mop I played a monk but dropped it in the org drought.

    In Wod I tried ret pally but got board in a couple of heroics with how awful holy power was. Tried to lvl a Druid/dk/hunter but they were boring so never got to 90. Got an enh shaman to 90 and did some pvp was ok not great.

    The only class I’d say was all that fun was my rouge.

    I likely put more time screwing around with things like pick pocketing and fishing then any thing else with the lack luster classes and lack of content.
    Ah so because you didn't do anything you claim that there was nothing to do. What logic! /s

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    WOD obviously. It was before Ion took over and this systems driven design mess began.
    WoD for me too, but more specifically, before the garbage fire of Tannan Jungle. And WoW has been plagued be a long history of systems-driven design long before Ion, don't try to pretend otherwise.

  5. #105
    The Patient SynDethroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    289
    I actually enjoyed BFA (for the most part). Really good zones to level through, cool new races, and fun dungeons

  6. #106
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    17,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Ah so because you didn't do anything you claim that there was nothing to do. What logic! /s
    I mean I did the go to big circle and kill mobs daily’s or the run around the jungle to a big circle to kill mobs daily’s or the grind mobs for rep, maybe you think that’s a ton of content but coming off of mop where I had a ton of varied daily’s I could do from different factions, scenarios, battle field barrens, the timeless isle, isle of giants, isle of thunder, treasure trove, ect, it had nothing to do.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  7. #107
    BfA is my favorite expansion of all time, SL is probably 3rd or 4th. Have not played WoD as current content
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

  8. #108
    Brewmaster Alkizon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Strasbourg
    Posts
    1,268

    Arrow

    I'm not the kind of specialist in varieties of $hit, can't help with that. As I have already said many times in topics with design analysis, this is all one large and long-term $hitfestexpansion/separate design period for me. I chose WoD from list (exclusively for participation) to a greater extent due to (sufficiently logical based on) reason for my leaving the game. This is last expansion, where I could still see my characters in original (old models) form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    By the way, it's relatively easy to compare them in regards changes in general: BC and WotLK are Classic's continuation from system's point of view, Cata is transitional period, WoD is continuation of MoP, Legion is next transitional+expansion period and BfA+SL are its semantic continuations. But, unlike Classic system's additions, remaining "successors" (WoD and BfA+SL) didn't complement/complicate anything for their systems, but only cut out stuff. Although, even with last in mind, "change/destroy expansions” will go at the very bottom of my list (WoD and BfA+SL would go here just like semantic additions in all comparesons, not like stand alone expansions). If they'd continue to supplement/adjust system simply by supplying players with new content, then all these threads-comparisons would have at least some sense, but now... it's simply “war of different systems”.
    ps. Couldn't resist, sorry.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2021-09-21 at 11:00 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

    __---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

  9. #109
    while garrisions couldve been so much more, i did have a blast building it up during the first months.

    Raids were as good as ever.

    Yeah, Wod was definetly a more pleasant expansion than either bfa or shadowlands.

    If wod was releasd today wed have a 1 week cd on each building. And a legendary locked behind 15 garrison assaults.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    while garrisions couldve been so much more, i did have a blast building it up during the first months.

    Raids were as good as ever.

    Yeah, Wod was definetly a more pleasant expansion than either bfa or shadowlands.

    If wod was releasd today wed have a 1 week cd on each building. And a legendary locked behind 15 garrison assaults.
    If wod was out instead of shadowlands the forums would implode into nothingness due to the tears of players. The 2021 entitled player would accuse blizzard of rape because cms had weapons and they were forced to buy a token.

    Edit- forgot to bring this up before but legendaries were locked behind a massive gated quest chain involving old raids. Sooooo
    Last edited by Caerrona; 2021-09-21 at 06:27 AM.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Strange - many people consider the pvp gearing to be one of the few GOOD things about SL. What do you hate about it specifically?
    Sadly I am one of those poor neglected souls whose end game has traditionally been unrated PvP, so random BGs, arena skirmishes, and world PvP. I have no interest in organized group content (I know, why am I playing an MMO?) so rated PvP, raids and mythic dungeon stuff holds absolutely no appeal to me. But these days, PvP is nearly impossible to enjoy cause the gear gap is so massive. I still do fine, at least in BGs, but it is extremely irritating knowing how much better I would be doing without that gap. Personally I would prefer there to be no gear whatsoever in PvP, but at least in the past (TBC through WoD, Legion template and scaling was nice too though) it was still attainable through random BGs, or doing a few arenas AFK, even if it took longer. I get that they want to avoid people getting top end gear for raids and dungeons from something that can technically be done AFK, but there are other, better ways to avoid that issue.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2021-09-21 at 06:10 AM.

  12. #112
    I'd vote none of these... but if i have to... probably 2-3 weeks of SL were ok for me and my friends and then i quit.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I'm going to say..? Shadowlands. What about you?
    WOD. It's better to have small content, but good, cuz nobody prevents me from replaying it on alts, if it has great replayability value, than "large" content, but terrible, because it's actually small, but overstretched one.

    WOD had:
    1) One of the best questing design in whole game - I was completing Loremaster not because I had to, but because I liked to do it
    2) Garrisons, that were the closest prototype of players' housing
    3) Endgame content wasn't gated - only small intro and you could already start doing your Garrison - there was no reason to rush to level cap or some other arbitrary artificial gates, leveling was actually part of endgame content due to Garrison recipes and followers
    4) But at the same time nothing was mandatory - you could skip everything, for example you could get followers from Tavern instead of getting them from leveling
    5) Just around 40-60 minutes of active "mandatory" part of content per character - Tanaan Jungle
    6) Casual-friendliness of this content - it wasn't hard, tedious or annoying, everything was doable
    7) So called "maintenance" mode for characters - reason to log in on every character, even when main content was completed on them - Garrison leveling
    8) At the same time this mandatory part of daily content wasn't annoying - it was taking 2-3 minutes per character, not 1-2 hours
    9) Overall great casual route of progression - starting from leveling and ending at getting all followers to max level. Leveling -> Garrison -> Loremaster -> 100lvl -> Shipyard -> Tanaan -> (at this stage you can start playing on alt) -> Full Baleful -> logging in just to level followers till they're leveled to max level - not hard, doesn't prevent you from playing on alt.

  14. #114
    Its quite telling that most of the people still playing WoW liked WoD. WoD drove away most everyone else tho. That's how feedback can be dangerous. You'd think WoD was popular. But its actually liked by a very small minority.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

  15. #115
    BfA for me, I think it was my favourite expansion. I loved the theme of zandalar and kul tiras, more focus on factions, Drustvar being my favourite zone ever, absolutely loved Nazjatar (best x.2 patch ever), fantastic music in entire expansion. Great dungeons and raids, allied races and heritage armor.

    My biggest regrets about BfA was bad PvP gearing which made me skip PvP largely in that expansion and 9.3 (well it wasn't horrible, but as a big fan of lovercraft I expected more from old god's content patch, I really wanted Nayalotha to be a zone). The story was good on a micro level (especially zone storylines and their cinematic) but on a macro level it was obviously bad (mostly because Sylvanas arc never made any sense). Azerite gear never bothered me, and after tweaks I actually enjoyed it (same for corrupted gear).

    Shadowlands has a very tiresome theme. I liked it at the start because it was fresh, but in the long run I want more of classic wow and less of outlands and cosmic forces. PvP is much better than BfA though.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    WOD. It's better to have small content, but good, cuz nobody prevents me from replaying it on alts, if it has great replayability value, than "large" content, but terrible, because it's actually small, but overstretched one.

    WOD had:
    1) One of the best questing design in whole game - I was completing Loremaster not because I had to, but because I liked to do it
    2) Garrisons, that were the closest prototype of players' housing
    3) Endgame content wasn't gated - only small intro and you could already start doing your Garrison - there was no reason to rush to level cap or some other arbitrary artificial gates
    4) Just around 1 hour of active "mandatory" part of content per character
    5) Casual-friendliness of this content - it wasn't hard, tedious or annoying, everything was doable
    6) Reason to log in on every character, even when main content was completed on them - Garrison leveling
    7) At the same time this mandatory part of daily content wasn't annoying - it was taking 2-3 minutes per character, not 1-2 hours
    8) Overall great casual route of progression - starting from leveling and ending at getting all followers to max level. Leveling -> Garrison -> Loremaster -> 100lvl -> Shipyard -> Tanaan -> (at this stage you can start playing on alt) -> Full Baleful -> logging in just to level followers till they're leveled to max level - not hard, doesn't prevent you from playing on alt.
    So you want to grind mission table followers and grind currency for gear instead of grind mission table followers and grind currency for gear?

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Sadly I am one of those poor neglected souls whose end game has traditionally been unrated PvP, so random BGs, arena skirmishes, and world PvP. I have no interest in organized group content (I know, why am I playing an MMO?) so rated PvP, raids and mythic dungeon stuff holds absolutely no appeal to me. But these days, PvP is nearly impossible to enjoy cause the gear gap is so massive. I still do fine, at least in BGs, but it is extremely irritating knowing how much better I would be doing without that gap. Personally I would prefer there to be no gear whatsoever in PvP, but at least in the past (TBC through WoD, Legion template and scaling was nice too though) it was still attainable through random BGs, or doing a few arenas AFK, even if it took longer. I get that they want to avoid people getting top end gear for raids and dungeons from something that can technically be done AFK, but there are other, better ways to avoid that issue.
    Truth is, you would be "doing better" if you did the same content that those players do, but you dont do that content.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sites have their own audiences with their own specialized opinion makers.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    For the various levels of raiding I've done, WoD raids were just better than both BfA and SL raids. Honestly, I've mostly hated all the raids after Nighthold. There's been a handful of bosses I felt were enjoyable (I actually loved Painsmith) but the raids overall were just not fun to me since then. WoD raids were at least fun, for me.
    I start getting confused when raid fights are overly swamped with visual cues, maybe that means i'm "bad", but when the fight area lights up like a hyperactive disco floor with patches of bad stuff, rings of "Catch this", slightly different rings of "Avoid this", circles around players (To either get into or stay out of), and all spell effects of players' spells, i start losing track of what's going on, and then i just give up and go "Oh well, no raids for me then", WoD had its flaws, but at least the raid fights were understandable.

  19. #119
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    30,938
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I start getting confused when raid fights are overly swamped with visual cues, maybe that means i'm "bad", but when the fight area lights up like a hyperactive disco floor with patches of bad stuff, rings of "Catch this", slightly different rings of "Avoid this", circles around players (To either get into or stay out of), and all spell effects of players' spells, i start losing track of what's going on, and then i just give up and go "Oh well, no raids for me then", WoD had its flaws, but at least the raid fights were understandable.
    I can sympathize with this. The stacking of mechanics and the visual noise that comes with that has come to be difficult to manage. That's deliberate I suppose but I don't think it's a ton of fun. This started some time ago and to give credit it's understandable that when there have been so many raids with so many mechanics over the last years it's difficult not to repeat yourself. It's also difficult to back away from the piling on because the audience that the Ion and the raid design team pays close attention to mostly does not want their raids simpler.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  20. #120
    The Lightbringer vian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Random
    Posts
    3,452
    Neither. I've "Quit" in four expansions, and those are three of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •