300 53.38%
  • Battle for Azeroth was the most enjoyable of the 3

135 24.02%
  • Shadowlands was/is still the most enjoyable of the 3

127 22.60%
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Class design makes me say WoD.

That and judging by the amount of time I stayed subscribed compared to the other two.

Gona go with BFA because I think BDA and EP were some of the best raids in this game. And the world PvP was the best it had been in 14 years.

Without a doubt, WOD… and by a wide margin.

The one thing that I’ve consistently done in every expansion, is Raid. Even when i spent a few years “solo” after a guild breakup, I still raided.
    I’ve never wanted, nor asked, for a reason to play WOW every single day. Sure, every expansion has had some form of grind, but the systems grinds are the absolute worst.

WOD might have been a bit boring on non-raid nights, but I enjoyed it vastly more than BFA and SL (Legion managed to redeem itself) because there was no burnout, and I was happy to play other games more often without feeling that pressure to do XYZ each day/week for Power grinds.

SL > BfA >WoD
    The only good thing in WoD was time to level alts and Tanaan at the end of the expansion. Okay, I had a bit of content when Mythic Dungeons were introduced, but I only ran enough to get all heirloom trinkets.
    BfA had more content for me because they used some things which have been good in Legion. But I was very disappointed about Island Expeditions (which I had expected to be my main content) and bored by the Visions.
    SL has its problems, but its still better than the other two. I just don't have time for all the grinds. If you have achieved some standing on one character in a covenant, you should continue on an alt with the same level of progress. Reknown catchup is fine and well, but there are so many other choke points. But if I would have as much time as in WoD, I would be enjoying SL definitively much more than the other two expansions.

My complete ranking: Legion > TBC > WotLK & MoP > Cata / SL > BfA > WoD > Classic

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD because either it is too old to make me hates it as much i hate BFA, or because if my memory serves right classes were actually still good
    ironic i don't hate SL, i just vote WoD for obvious reason i at least know how WoD exp full was, SL so far seems depressing and getting even worse
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

LMFAO at WoD actually winning the poll...

The line between cynicism and trolling has never been so blurred on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    So you want to grind mission table followers and grind currency for gear instead of grind mission table followers and grind currency for gear?
    Guys, who judge xpack by quantity of content, don't really understand, that quality actually matters even more, than quantity. Because content isn't activities, that just exist in game for the sake of existance - it's things, player actually WANTS to do. Lots of bad content = no content at all.

WOD is better, simply because I liked to play it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Which is or was the most enjoyable for you out of these 3?

I'm going to say..? Shadowlands. What about you?
    Given that I wasn't a fan of WoD at all at the time, and considered it a huge let down after MoP, that I'm voting for WoD is a bit of a surprise, even to me. Yes, it lacked out of raid content once you'd got your garrison up and running, but the levelling process for alts was smooth and easy and the questlines some of the most repeatable ever (I hate levelling alts, but in WoD I managed to level a ton of them without hating it). While the garrison wrecked gathering, the system for crafted gear was really quite good and should have been continued. WoD continued supplying interesting and fun toys and such in the various world chests as MoP did. Since then chests have become pretty unexciting.

That said, SL is still running a close second, and if my guild still had the people around to raid it might rank higher than WoD - I wasn't super impressed with the first two raids in WoD. SL at least has had flight arrive reasonably soon, albeit in a stupidly limited fashion. So far I prefer the dungeons to BfA's, and as m+ is my main group activity these days that's important.

The only thing I liked about BfA was the Drustvar levelling questline, and that's not enough to hang a whole expansion on.

SL has the problem that it's iteration three of borrowed power, and while it's a bit better than BfA, it's still basically the same thing. On top of that, the devs still somehow keep taking something that they got working in a previous expansion and throwing out the good bits and keeping the bad. For example, a lot of the garrison was pretty cool, and they managed to keep a fair bit of the good stuff in the Class Halls of Legion. But in BfA everything interesting about them was gone from the mission table, and the 'adventures' of today are no better than BfA's tables, and to make matters worse, before 9.1 they weren't really optional because anima was so tight you really needed to have your wee mens off gathering as much of it as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    it's difficult to see and believe that WOD is aging better than expected. Blizzard fired and missed on pretty much every single new feature in WOD. Nearly half the proposed content got abandoned because of tech issues and delays with Garrisons. The class design with all the ridiculous pruning sucked. Garrisons proved to be a terrible attempt at player housing. 2nd patch doubled down on stupid with garrisons on the sea. Ashran proved to be a technology mess, let alone a terrible BG nowhere near what they hyped up. The 1st patch ended up being a major bust with Twitter integration.
    Ah, but they managed to do the same thing again with BfA, and dicked us around with flight yet again.

SL is a huge disappointment for me. When they first announced it, I thought it would be a huge improvement of BfA. As it tuns out, it's better, but not by nearly as much as it should be. A great deal of that is because of things like telling us that the systems in place at the start were all the systems we'd see over the whole expac - not true, and having a vast range of currencies, and it not being remotely clear which ones are really necessary. Now Korthia has added even more. Sure there's actually quite a bit to do in SL, but it tends to all be very grindy, and there's a lack of focus. Also, how many people are really passionate about tea parties? It's a cool idea and all, but... Oh, and the bait and switch with re-introducing tier sets. Domination pieces are NOT tier sets.
    Last edited by Kalisandra; 2021-09-21 at 08:51 AM.

Can't do a comparison, because we are in 9.1 of SL whereas the other two are complete expansions.

Between WoD and BfA, BfA was vastly better in every way.

WoD, in WoD you played the game, in later expansions you play the systems not the game.

WoD is obviously still the worst. Too many people watched that "Was WoD really that bad?" video and got influenced by it. No brah, WoD is still the worst

10+ Year Old Account
    sl > bfa >>> wod

WoD wins hands down. Gladiator stance ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Guys, who judge xpack by quantity of content, don't really understand, that quality actually matters even more, than quantity. Because content isn't activities, that just exist in game for the sake of existance - it's things, player actually WANTS to do. Lots of bad content = no content at all.

There is 0 quality difference between "send this guy on a mission" in wod and "send this guy on a mission" in shadowlands or "kill this guy for currency". You have 100x the "casual" content in SL vs WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post

Quality of content matters in the sense that less enjoyable content is roughly similar to less content in general. But no content is still no content, just because the raids were enjoyable in WoD doesnt magically make the dead space between raid nights enjoyable.

Even if someone despises Torghast and Emissaries in SL, so long as they like even something even slightly in the open world, whether that means gathering consumables or cosmetics, that still means it has more content than WoD.

The only way in which WoD was made better than SL, BfA and even Legion is that the lack of content outside raids meant an extremely low barrier for entry, and basically no feeling that you were "forced" into grind for power.
    If that is the argument then I can respect that, but WoD was for me only something I got through without quitting because that is when I joined a great guild. And even then I doubt I would have managed if it wasnt for the fact that I was still fresh enough into the game that the preceding expansions gave enough content for me to fill the days with.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    The least worst option up there is WoD, which just says how bad all 3 options are.

And I'm saying this as someone who was fucked for the first 6 months of WoD because haste was at least 30% worse than literally every other stat available to me (because the developers apparently don't know how to do math, and a theorycrafter had to do the math for them to show how much they needed to buff haste to make it even remotely viable for Prot paladins).
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-09-21 at 09:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    In WoD my class was simply my class, and gear was simply gear. I didn't need some idiotic conduits, covenants, bullshit shards or any of that gear upgrading nonsense. Hell, I could gear for PvP when I wanted to without any issue.

That said, I still prefer BFA because the game had more things to do and after the Azerite fix I quite enjoyed it.

Shadowlands offers nothing but annoyances, and it seems the devs think something being annoying = engaging but no it's JUST annoying.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    WoD is obviously still the worst. Too many people watched that "Was WoD really that bad?" video and got influenced by it. No brah, WoD is still the worst
    WoD was good in the same way a Ferrari without an engine is a great car.
    It looks fantastic, and you might have loads of fun showing it off and reminiscing about how cool it looks and the craftmanship behind it, but without an engine it will never be as good a car as a junker you buy. Sure it won't look as good and you might be reminiscing about how great the seat felt in the Ferrari, but that still won't magically give the Ferrari any value as a car.

Besides, on a greater point no expansion has ever stood up on its own when it was current. Legion was the closest, and even then I remember I saw several people discuss at length how terribly Legion was compared to even WoD and what have you.
    The current expansion will always feel terrible when you are in the middle, bored from doing whatever the current raid is and desperately waiting for new content. When a new expansions comes around you will then transplant that annoyance to the new area and you will start forgetting how bored you were in the last expansion.

People don't generally remember being bored, they do however remember either being extremely annoyed or extremely happy. And beyond that the happy memories will usualy easily beat out the negative ones. And WoD didnt really have massively negative memories, it instead had extremely long and monotonous droughts. It did however have several highlights scattered across the boring wasteland, and that is what stands out, and therefore what people remember.
    When players think back to WoD they don't think how bored they were, they think about the standout moments, and then in the absence of memories remember WoD as a string of highlights.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Also wtf SL casual friendly? Since when does casual mean "invests insane amounts of time for marginal returns" and "can't compete on any level without taking boosts, time investment or planning to a distinctly noncasual level"?
    Yeah. SL was advertised as being casual and alt friendly (unlike BfA and Legion), but really isn't. You have to do a fair bit of post-60 questing to get access to all the WQs, Korthia dailies, etc., and you need those plus a ton of Torghast runs (whether on a main or alt doesn't matter, you still have to do them) to get your legendary up to speed, and so on.

I think I'd say WoD was probably the best of the 3 for me, as someone who primarily does PvP I don't really mind there not being tons of content, especially when the content that does exist is absolutely horrible (Maw/Torghast/Dailies/etc.).

Think I'd likely rank them WoD > BFA > SL.

Shadowlands is just exceptionally bad and the first expansion I've quit for over 6 months straight with no interest in returning to. Torghast is the most boring shit ever made, dailies are atrocious this expansion, the rep grinds are awful, the covenant system sucks. The only good things are that arenas are pretty fun, and gearing isn't the worst, but still not even close to being worth playing.

That being said though I'm sure in two years I'll look back fondly on Shadowlands when the next expansion is somehow even worse.