• Warlords of Draenor was the most enjoyable of the 3

300 53.38%
  • Battle for Azeroth was the most enjoyable of the 3

135 24.02%
  • Shadowlands was/is still the most enjoyable of the 3

127 22.60%
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Warlords by far, why? while there was lack of content, the raids were fun as hell and classes werent butchered for wierd fantasies (outlaw rogue, seriously if i wanted to be a pirate i would mog my gear to look like one. Survival hunter, why they made it meele i will never understand and they ruined a specc that been loved and cherised for over a decade. Demo lock, do i need to say more?). Seriously, i gladly have wod over BFA and SL any day.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    You can see how infested this site is with trolls by looking at the first 3 replies. They didn't play during WoD.
    Even BFA was miles ahead of WoD
    People dislike systems and "mandatory" grind. WoD had none of that nonsense. If you were a raider this expansion was golden, just like MoP.

BfA. Despite it's flaws, 8.2 was one of my favorite patches

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a tie between WoD and BfA for me, all of the expansions pale in comparison to the others released (like MoP which daily quests for valor, reforging and PvP being the biggest complaints) with Shadowlands definitely being the worst in all aspects while WoD suffered from Lack of End Game for a long time and an unsatisfying cut short expansion when the story still had potential and direction to develop (SL's really doesn't) while BfA had some pretty terrible systems with Anima Powers and Corruptions (yet not as bad as SL), dreadfully bad writing in parts and wasted characters (SL still tops that by assassinating entire expansions worth of development). Yet it's hard to point at one and go that was worse. Though WoD did have the better leveling and garrisons were interesting at the start before it quickly went downhill while BfA had problems from launch.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    No, there's absolutely nothing good about Shadowlands. Not a single thing. There were many good things in Warlords that people have already mentioned in this thread so I won't repeat them.
    Yeah I'd rather have nothing than a bunch of shitty systems. Seems that a lot of people felt the same way and unsubbed.
    What's different this time around is that now there's actually a viable alternative game. This time there's a very real possibility that the people who've been let down again and again are gone for good.
    MMORPGs are a huge time investment, most people only have time for one. Pissing away your customer base like Blizzard has done since Ion took over is a really bad way to run a game of this genre.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    You can see how infested this site is with trolls by looking at the first 3 replies. They didn't play during WoD.
    Even BFA was miles ahead of WoD
    WoD had an entire patch for twitter integration and a selfie camera (which, by the way, has been broken for years now). The Mythic tier sets for the last raid were ugly as fuck, and Tanaan Jungle makes Korthia look like a masterpiece.

As bad as SL is, it cannot touch WoD in terms of suck.

SL - > WoD - - - - - - - - > BfA.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    WOD obviously. It was before Ion took over and this systems driven design mess began.
    Erm, Ion took over before WoD launched.....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

WoD hands down. I actually played the entire expansion, I enjoyed PVP immensely during this xpack.

BFA and Shadowlands barely held my attention for a combined total of 3 months (between the two xpacks).

WoD was shit but at least it had the good class design of MoP.

WoD leveling was great. Garrisons were fun and had a little seed of potential there, but they wasted it.

gameplay-wise it was the worst at the time for sure, pruning was literally no fun allowed
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Ion didn’t take over until post legions laun

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.futu...-the-team/amp/
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

WOD. At least I could just raid log and tend the garrison garden for all my supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Truth is, you would be "doing better" if you did the same content that those players do, but you dont do that content.
    And as I said, I have no interest in that content. No other end game activity requires you to do others to be sufficient for it. If you do normal difficulty dungeons or raids, getting normal difficulty gear, you will never randomly come across mythic difficulty bosses while doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    People dislike systems and "mandatory" grind. WoD had none of that nonsense. If you were a raider this expansion was golden, just like MoP.
    You mean the mandatory grind of getting a legendary ring on any character you wanted to play? All SL has is renown, dunno why people keep acting as if it's a grind when its so quick to do.

WoD was absolutely the worst.
    Raid or die being the absolute worst thing to be stuck with. Both BfA and SL beat it out solely because of M+ alone. The amount of guilds that just collapsed because of the mythic raiding change too, which just escalated the faction divide issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    And as I said, I have no interest in that content. No other end game activity requires you to do others to be sufficient for it. If you do normal difficulty dungeons or raids, getting normal difficulty gear, you will never randomly come across mythic difficulty bosses while doing them.
    No, but you WILL play with other players who have chosen to raid heroic or mythic, and they will greatly outperform you. If you want rated, competitive pvp it exists - you can do that content, blizzard provide it for you.

Blizzard have offered you a solution to your "problem", rated pvp, and you CHOOSE not to play that content. This is on you, no one else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    No, Legion is when they started pruning classes and locking abilites behind the stupid artifact weapon.
    That's a flat out lie. The pruning happened in WoD: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-garden-of-war

Legion tried to counterbalance the pruning by giving players new stuff through Artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I don't know, it's like saying that for dinner, WoD's plate with three peas on it is worse than SL's plate with a pile of literal shit on it.

WoD didn't have much content, but we could play alts for variety, on the other hand, SL's Jenga-tower of systems makes even thinking of doing all that again on an alt a very off-putting notion...
    Pretty much this. When I started to feel a bit bored with the content in WoD I levelled my WW monk pretty much entirely through arena skirmish and had an absolute blast because back then even low level characters felt more fun to play than max level characters do these days and Blizzard hadn't aborted their PvP community yet so people actually queued for skirmish even in low level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    That's a flat out lie. The pruning happened in WoD: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-garden-of-war

Legion tried to counterbalance the pruning by giving players new stuff through Artifacts.
    I mean specs like Frost DK lost ~15 spells going from WoD to Legion and glyphs were removed. You bars were absolutely barren when the pre-patch hit the servers.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2021-09-21 at 06:29 PM.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Legion....

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    True but WOD was already well underway at that point. Legion was the first expansion that was 100% "his"