300 53.38%
  • Battle for Azeroth was the most enjoyable of the 3

135 24.02%
  • Shadowlands was/is still the most enjoyable of the 3

127 22.60%
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD is miles better than BFA and SL combined. The gameplay was actually still pretty good despite the over-pruning, pvp was balanced with great gear progression. Class design was overall good and the set bonuses and class trinkets were all fun. Legendary rings were fun to use at the end of the expansion. Raids and dungeon content was stellar. WoD just lacked content, but what it had was (mostly) top notch. I just wish tanaan jungle wasn't such a shit zone.

BFA and SL had mediocre at best pve content, dumpster tier pvp and the worst class design the game's ever seen. It's not even a contest really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    There was actually no content in WoD, which is scary to see people act like that isn't a problem for them.
    Seems like a lot of people don't actually want to play the game regularly?
    I would rather play through 20 hours of good questing and then be done with the game, over spending playing 20 hours of okay questing padded over the course of 100 hours with a lots of unfun gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Its quite telling that most of the people still playing WoW liked WoD. WoD drove away most everyone else tho. That's how feedback can be dangerous. You'd think WoD was popular. But its actually liked by a very small minority.
    Nobody here is saying that WoD is their favorite expansion. What people are saying that in retrospect, it was the least bad of the expansions that came during the great decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    This hyperfocus on simming, calculating, whatever to make choices between pieces is what's a turnoff for me.
    I play a healer. But as a dps, having to go to 3rd party websites and use seperate tools in-game and sometimes seperate apps(bloatware), shouldn't be the case for simple choices of items with 5 ilvl delta. It should be obvious that one is better than the other. But with the addition of extra effects etc. it isn't.
    At 5 ilevels difference having good vs bad secondaries will make a difference to whether or not it's an upgrade. It's when a 10+ ilevel difference isn't a clear upgrade that things are all messed up.
    Also... seriously, fix the lag. You don't seem to understand how important this is, but it is.
    It's weird. I play on NA servers, but live in oceania. My ping times are vastly lower now than they were in BC, Wrath, etc., and are no higher now than in the last couple of expacs, so why the lag?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    At 5 ilevels difference having good vs bad secondaries will make a difference to whether or not it's an upgrade. It's when a 10+ ilevel difference isn't a clear upgrade that things are all messed up.

It's weird. I play on NA servers, but live in oceania. My ping times are vastly lower now than they were in BC, Wrath, etc., and are no higher now than in the last couple of expacs, so why the lag?
    Server lag was what I was primarily on about, their procesing overhead. A problem they created themselves with the amount of procs, buffs, events present in just playing the game.
    A current example would be the start of the Sylvanas mythic fight, having a noticeable spike in delay when the fight begins. It stabilizes after about 1-2 secs. During which, some players can rarely but has happened, lag out and basically disappear from the game until they log back in. - This may have been fixed, haven't rekilled it in a while.

But a general example would be something that we had much worse in BFA - A single spellcast from a player, generating X amount of buffs, usually like 3, and proccing some triggers of damage on the target. Each of which has modifiers, %-ages, effects on it depending on your gear. So thus, a single player-driven event generates a small storm of events on the server-side. As soon as the game has some arbitrary amount of players doing this(spending every GCD) the server seemingly begins to falter.

At some oddball times they are also getting DoS'ed which manifests as high ping times for users from certain regions as the border gateway facing them is overloaded. Luckily, that too, relatively rare. But it happens frequently enough that it's actually a thing.

Mostly, the netwokr itself, is fine. I'm from the northeastern bits of the EU.

WoD, while we talk trash about the garrison system, it wasn't that bad to what they put in place of artifact weapons. The story was weird asf, but it was also kinda cool seeing the war on draenor before it became a giant dead rock floating through space.

This seems to be a choice of shit sandwiches, with the only differences being bread, texture of shit, and what condiments were added.

Warlords. Class design was almost at MoP's peak, and there were no useless grinds like choregast and pvp worked well. Sure, there wasn't much to do, but the basic loop of solo combat/raids/pvp worked well so its better than bfa and sl's numerous badly designed grind.

Wod made me quit wow for first time in over a decade so thats obviously not the choice.
    I played bfa briefly but it sucked big time...
    Played first tier of SL and really liked it but then computer gpu burned up and summer came so what was the point.

Still SL has been one of the best expos for me personally, only liked cata/mop more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    This seems to be a choice of shit sandwiches, with the only differences being bread, texture of shit, and what condiments were added.
    Fair assessment tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I don't know, "I WILL NEVER SERVE" is now in the running for overthrowing this as the stupidest cutscene line ever
    I feel like "I WILL NEVER SERVE" is the more stupid one. Draenor is free feels like the writers just trying to rush to a happy ending to a gutted expansion, whereas Sylv's line feels like the dev's thought they were building up to this awesome moment that the player base was going to love.

Not to mention provided the iron horde stops being jerks, Grom's line is factually correct at least. Whereas sylv doesn't seem to realize she was serving him all along....despite saying "all will serve death" a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I would rather play through 20 hours of good questing and then be done with the game, over spending playing 20 hours of okay questing padded over the course of 100 hours with a lots of unfun gameplay.

Nobody here is saying that WoD is their favorite expansion. What people are saying that in retrospect, it was the least bad of the expansions that came during the great decline.

I can't bring myself to log on an alt, just because thinking of catching up all that stuff (Renown levels, Korthia, Choreghast, the maw) is so demotivating

A lot of people seem to miss (Or ignore) that the OP's question was "Which of *these three* is the most enjoyable?" (MoP, Wrath, and Legion ran rings around all three of them, but that wasn't the question), and put up against BfA and ShitshowLands, WoD was indeed more enjoyable.

I quit after a year of WoD. The writing, among so much else, was just was plain awful to me. To hear that things became worse..omg.
    And every now and then I miss certain zones. Artistically, some of the zones are gorgeous, and with the music in the background...*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I think you underestimate how much people care about loot and how quickly people get annoyed by it, like the little green-eyed loot-whores that most of them are. I also mentioned explicitly raiders, sure the casual that just pets their their hunter pet for an hour a day and is still lvl 52 in Bastion is probably not that much interested in loot, but people that particpate in endgame? Especially when the loot that did have as much influence as back with legendaries in legion and playstyle changes that came with it? Yeah, most people probably care on some level about that, which is why Blizzard kept changing it in rather quick succession.
    People like upgrades, and for everyone but the top raiders legendaries were almost always upgrades regardless of the added abilities. Hell, even the 15% shield from the original Prydaz would have been a nice bonus for people who typically stick to dungeons and open world content (aka the majority). Improving the items and the system over the course of the expansion was better for everyone, but most people were perfectly fine with it from the beginning.

I would put WOD as start of downfall, the second they added pathfinder and I couldn't just buy flying when I hit max level or close to it I lost all interest in the game and have not really liked it at all since MOP. and I despised the story in MOP, but at least they had some good class design.

wod simply because no m+, challenge mode was completely optional

I'd have to say wod.

Even though it lacked content, the content it did have was awesome and it didn't make me stop playing from frustration. That's what made it important to me when compared to sl and bfa. When I stopped playing wod it wasn't from apathy and did not leave a sour taste in my mouth.

WOD no question. Log in and do what you came for. Log out. Why would I pay for a game that tells me to do chores before I'm allowed to actually play?

Would have been nice to get battle for Shattrath but BRF and HFC are both top 10 raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    These 3 expansions are the most negatively critiqued expansions I've seen in my 10 years of playing the game. Cataclysm wasn't even this badly critiqued. However, I'd want to know from the community here which is the best or "most enjoyable" of these 3: Battle for Azeroth, Shadowlands, or Warlords of Draenor.

WoD:
    Pros: New character models, questing revamp, great raids and some of the best music of the expansions. Best and most viewed opening cinematic of all time.
    Cons: Rushed and incomplete expansion. Barely any content outside of raiding and arenas. Garrisons and the shitpyard. Over hyped to sell a terrible product. 1 patch expansion.

BFA:
    Pros: Great cinematics. Good leveling stories for both factions. Allied races. Great in game story-telling. 2nd most viewed and 2nd best opening cinematic of all time.
    Cons: Too many stories all going on at once. Systems on top of 5000 other systems. Most grindy expansion of all time. Characters making weird 180's and taking odd directions [I.e: Sylvanas, Anduin, Saurfang, Jaina, Thrall]

Shadowlands:
    Pros: Most casual friendly of the three. Character customization. Outstanding PvE content. Best selling expansion of all time.
    Cons: Borrowed Power. Covenants & RIPChord. Confusing story and controversial story directions. Long patches due to in company drama and COVID-19. Expansion becomes 1 year old with only 1 full patch released. Devs fighting with the players. Quickest expansion to lose the most players. Zovaal is Lucifer and Thanos copy-paste.

Which is or was the most enjoyable for you out of these 3?

I'm going to say..? Shadowlands. What about you?
    Shadowlands, if only for the art and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    WoD. Lacked content, but the content it had was good, & gameplay was much better than the other two expansions. Also required a lot less grinding, which is a huge win in my books.

SL second & BFA far behind.
    I second this, I didn't really raid in WoD, or any expansion after WoTLK, however, I think PvP was much better in WoD than SL and BFA. Just my opinion, but at least doing dmg to someone in WoD they actually took dmg. I feel like in BFA and SL everyone has soo many absorbs and heals that no one ever takes dmg. I just liked how classes played better back then.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    WoD had actually a lot of content...

It just wasn't included in the expansion itself... but in older expansions

I aquired more transmogs in WoD than in any other expansion on my characters.

I just logged 3 days on my main for the raid (arms/fury warrior, worst class design in the entire history of wow in WoD) and rest of the time I just spent on alts floofing around...

oh and challenge mode? you mean the one I did in one day and then forgot it ever existed? yea... 10/10 content

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I find it fascinating how players just suddenly one day switched on a dime from Legion being a horrible bug-ridden expansion filled with grind and pointless busywork to declaring it truly great.

Legiondaries were a plague on the game, and it took most of its lifespan until it got even close to being fixed. Alts were probably about as bad as they were ever going to be, only held up by the promise of 12 different campaigns and a unique mount.
    The grind was immense, and was further something which hamstrung not just alts, but off-specs. The only reason we don't say it is what truly killed off-specs as a concept in Legion is that the issue of Legiondaries was infinitely worse.
    Spreading content out on every single individual class meant that most of the campaigns ended up being filler, and not to mention heavily reliant on mission table timegates.
    7.2 was probably one of the most pitiful excuses for a patch we have had other than 6.1. The epic questline leading up to killing Kil'jaeden was comprised of a grand total of 2 unique quests per class, and a whole bunch of weekly quests amounting to busywork like finding 10 chests or killing 100 demons.

You wouldnt believe how full of vitriol the playerbase was towards Legion while it was current. It's saving grace was really only it's patch cadence being pretty close to perfect, as well as the story leaning heavily into just being cool rather than being deep, and even that led to some awful grinding of gears when you got to stuff like Illidan never meeting with Malfurion of Tyrande despite being literally on the same island fighting the same enemies.

Legion is the example I will always give of why an expansion will never be judged fairly while it is current. Because noone seemed interested in considering how Suramar was a wonder of a zone, all they wanted to discuss was how shit the experience was to play.

No expansion will ever be given a fair shake while it is current. It takes at least being able to judge it in its entirety to compare and contrast it to other expansions.
    You're not wrong, but the end result was still markedly great in several aspects. You could pvp easily and without hassle on mains or alts, and pve wasnt neccessary to excel there. Healer regen no longer rising with spirit meant for the first time, dot-and-rot style gameplay was truly valuable, and affliction could finally feel like its fantasy promised since classic. (In mop affliction had amazing design but healers mana regen meant you'd almost never kill through rot dmg and have to rely on cc/burst). Legion was the funnest i ever had arenaing despite not having the absolute peak of class design.

M+ was an innovative and generally well liked addition to the game that made dungeons relevant again and gave you fun easily accessible group content instead of waiting for 30+ minutes in raid queues.

Ye, Legiondaries were shit that for some reason they decided should only be fixed in the last patch, and ye the AP grind was annoying, but the expac had its solid points that gave you actually fun stuff to do for long streches of time, even more then some of its awesome predeccesors...

...and then we got BFA and SL.