300 53.38%
  • Battle for Azeroth was the most enjoyable of the 3

135 24.02%
  • Shadowlands was/is still the most enjoyable of the 3

127 22.60%
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    You mean use crafting to make non-tier pieces in tier slots that noone used? except i guess gold farmers

Ah, yes, tier. The thing that people wax poetic about but conveniently forget the acquisition. Azerite was plentiful. So what if it "wasn't your best"; tier was frequently dogshit. I'd take 6 (3) major powers and 3 minor ones over 2 bonuses that you often took months to acquire, or you had welfare tier from a content patch or two ago.
    woooo

So yeah, tier but better.

LOL REMEMBER TRYING TO PUG ALYSRAZOR STAGHELM ULTRAXION BEFORE CROSS SERVER RAIDS? LOL
    AYO LOL REMEMBER TRYING TO GET A KILL ON GOREFIEND OR XHUL'HORAC OR IRON MAIDENS? LOL

Azerite > tier. You may have disliked it, but numbers don't really lie.
    You didn't answer my question at all. This entire post is one-big "I don't like tier or spending time to get it, give me instant gratification".

I asked you how was it better. At least give some hardcore examples. I gave you multiple ones in that post and your only counter to it in this post is "LOL it takes too long to acquire".

Tell me about how AWESOME Azerite gear was when a majority of the unlocks were secondary stat boosts you had no control over. Or how Druids were literally pigeonholed into one trait because other traits were downgrades (i.e. a 355 piece doing less DPS or, in this case, healing than a 325 blue because it lacked that specific trait you needed). Or how you had to unlock traits YOU ALREADY HAD AVAILABLE literally 10 seconds ago.

And I didn't have to pug anything because I was an actual raider with a competent group of people with logs to prove it Didn't take me "months" to get full tier sets, so that sounds like a "you" problem.
    Last edited by Ekis; 2021-10-06 at 11:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I chose BFA, but I'm just saying what I feel - I still like SLs but WoD for ME was only good for pvp, at least BFA had good pvp and pve - SLs has amazing stuff but its too new to beat out BFA for me..

For PVP: WoD , for PVE: SLs , for the best of both: BFA (this is my opinion which is probably shit so)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekis View Post
    You didn't answer my question at all. This entire post is one-big "I don't like tier or spending time to get it, give me instant gratification".

I asked you how was it better. At least give some hardcore examples. I gave you multiple ones in that post and your only counter to it in this post is "LOL it takes too long to acquire".

Tell me about how AWESOME Azerite gear was when a majority of the unlocks were secondary stat boosts you had no control over. Or how Druids were literally pigeonholed into one trait because other traits were downgrades (i.e. a 355 piece doing less DPS or, in this case, healing than a 325 blue because it lacked that specific trait you needed). Or how you had to unlock traits YOU ALREADY HAD AVAILABLE literally 10 seconds ago.

And I didn't have to pug anything because I was an actual raider with a competent group of people with logs to prove it
    *you* didn't have to.
    Tier vs azerite vs dom sockets is a community thing. I didn't have to either, my 7th/8th alts did, and most of the lfr heroes here had to pug too.
    Pigeonholed is a very strong word for someone with very bad memory, unless you forgot that druids also had to use nighthold tier throughout ToS prog because the resto tier was absolute horseshit.

Numbers wise, azerite was better than tier simply because, even if you had terrible traits, you generally had at least 3 dps increasing traits that were somewhat guaranteed. Itemlevel was irrelevant (with azerite as with tier) because the strength came from the bonuses, not from the main stat.

You literally have no point.

YEAH DUDE IMAGINE HOW GOOD TIER WAS WHEN IF YOU GOT A BAD TIER SET FOR A RAID (which happened often) YOU WOULD JUST USE OFF PIECES OR LAST RAIDS TIER LMAO.

Your points, lmfao dude, shut up.
    Tier literally made/broke specs throughout its tenure. Your tier set is shit? lol better play a different spec or a different toon buddy!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess WoD didn't pretend to have meaningful outdoor content, so I'll say that much.

WoD in my opinion still has some of the highest quality dungeons and raids for a single expansion. Every single dungeon was amazing and the raids if grouped together are superior to any other expansions combination of raids. It also had one of the most enjoyable leveling experiences.

Garrisons were a great feature for the first few months but fell flat after that, but I can't say that building them up initially was an awful experience because it really wasn't. This sort of ties into the lack of content that didn't combine dungeons or raids into the scenario.

WoD gets tons of flak but it's dungeon/raid and leveling experience were amazing, and it was a raid loggers paradise. It arguably had some of the best designed classes in the game, sharing that honor with it's sister expansion MoP (in my opinion half of the classes felt best in MoP, the other half felt best in WoD).

It however was an awful expansion if you wanted things to do outside of raiding and/or wanted to gear a character without actually raiding. It, along with MoP was one of the few expansions where I actually had fun leveling and gearing/trying out different characters in raids (which is something I haven't done in a while). Trying to do that in Legion onwards was a fucking nightmare, and although I tried on Legions launch, I quickly got fatigued trying to maintain multiple characters and retreated back to just maintaining a couple at a time. At this point in time, it's just one character in Shadowlands.

It's sort of unfortunate because a lot of people love Legion for whatever reason, but all I remember is absolute misery. I'd take the raid logging of WoD over AP and the lottery system of grinding legendary items or getting titanforged items. Legion also laid the ground work for pretty much every 'system' that people commonly whine about on these forums, all the while forgetting where those systems actually came from.

*you* didn't have to.
    Tier vs azerite vs dom sockets is a community thing. I didn't have to either, my 7th/8th alts did, and most of the lfr heroes here had to pug too.
    Pigeonholed is a very strong word for someone with very bad memory, unless you forgot that druids also had to use nighthold tier throughout ToS prog because the resto tier was absolute horseshit.

Numbers wise, azerite was better than tier simply because, even if you had terrible traits, you generally had at least 3 dps increasing traits that were somewhat guaranteed. Itemlevel was irrelevant (with azerite as with tier) because the strength came from the bonuses, not from the main stat.

You literally have no point.

YEAH DUDE IMAGINE HOW GOOD TIER WAS WHEN IF YOU GOT A BAD TIER SET FOR A RAID (which happened often) YOU WOULD JUST USE OFF PIECES OR LAST RAIDS TIER LMAO.

Your points, lmfao dude, shut up.
    Tier literally made/broke specs throughout its tenure. Your tier set is shit? lol better play a different spec or a different toon buddy!
    LMAO again that sounds like a "YOU" problem. I raided the entirety of Legion on Mythic level on both a Druid and Demon Hunter, you're absolutely bullshitting and don't know what you're talking about here.

And LOL Azerite gear was blasted for having BONUSES that were literal DPS losses to use and even more so the fact you couldn't use BONUSES from higher gear you had on lower gear because the amount of Azerite required to unlock them again was higher. Even Blizzard themselves commented on the imbalances of Azerite gear. Should I even mention how many of the unlockable traits were tied to a specific spec, you know, the same shit you're complaining about with tier sets?

Your only argument is that "There was more Azerite gear available". "Numbers-wise"? Citation needed.

LMAO again that sounds like a "YOU" problem. I raided the entirety of Legion on Mythic level on both a Druid and Demon Hunter, you're absolutely bullshitting and don't know what you're talking about here.

And LOL Azerite gear was blasted for having BONUSES that were literal DPS losses to use and even more so the fact you couldn't use BONUSES from higher gear you had on lower gear because the amount of Azerite required to unlock them again was higher. Even Blizzard themselves commented on the imbalances of Azerite gear. Should I even mention how many of the unlockable traits were tied to a specific spec, you know, the same shit you're complaining about with tier sets?

Your only argument is that "There was more Azerite gear available". "Numbers-wise"? Citation needed.
    name one trait that was a straight up dps loss that you had no choice to take.
    Or are you completely ignoring that you always had options?

(spoiler: its the latter)

i got to enjoy bfa more than any, personal favorite is still draenor cause that's when i started playing.
    Putting sl in this poll is bs, the expansion is not over yet. even if i barely play lately i expect the expansion will be fun to play on 9.2 or later. it's honestly been the case since i started the game...wanna enjoy wow? start before the 3rd raid or after. catchups are insane usually, you get all the systems from prev patches plus the new one, it's usually fun.

name one trait that was a straight up dps loss that you had no choice to take.
    Or are you completely ignoring that you always had options?

(spoiler: its the latter)
    Since my main was a rogue, let's go. Weaponmaster. Why would I ever use that over Deadshot?

Again, provide the "numbers". Or you're simply talking out of your ass my guy.

Quote Originally Posted by unlockedz View Post
    i got to enjoy bfa more than any, personal favorite is still draenor cause that's when i started playing.
    Oh you poor naif...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    This seems to be a choice of shit sandwiches, with the only differences being bread, texture of shit, and what condiments were added.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Everything from WOD onward was crap (if WOD was a half a hair less crap, it was only because it had some of the old game\class\ideas still in it)
    Well I really liked WoD cause it retained the feel of the old school Warcraft. Frostfire Ridge was just perfect, with barbaric orcs and ogres battling for dominance. The newer stuff is just nonsense. You have sci fi machines and space ships but people still live in medieval houses and are running around with swords? And of course then the scifi stuff conveniently isn't available and is forgotten when the plot demands it.

Since my main was a rogue, let's go. Weaponmaster. Why would I ever use that over Deadshot?

Again, provide the "numbers". Or you're simply talking out of your ass my guy.
    Why would you use Weaponmaster, a sub talent, over Deadshot, an outlaw azerite trait?

Lmao you're L I T E R A L L Y making things up as you go along, the gig is up

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=193537/weaponmaster
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=272935/deadshot

if you maybe said deadshot versus paradise lost or something, you *may* have had an argument

but, alas.

No one cares about MMoC, especially Blizzard. But the fact 35% so far think WoD is the best of the 3.... says alot about the state of wow's content.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh Antorus balance druid at it's prime. Starfall > moonfire > moonfire > moonfire > moonfire > moonfire > starfall > moonfire> moonfire > moonfire> moonfire

Good times

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    No one cares about MMoC, especially Blizzard. But the fact 35% so far think WoD is the best of the 3.... says alot about the state of wow's content.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh Antorus balance druid at it's prime. Starfall > moonfire > moonfire > moonfire > moonfire > moonfire > starfall > moonfire> moonfire > moonfire> moonfire

Good times
    Dad build was "fun"

that's the reason why starfall got gutted to shit for BFA too, lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands and Warlords would be ahead of BFA for me, probably tied, although I didn't particularly hate any of them and was subbed the duration of all three (well, so far for SL). Also, all of these still rank higher to me than Cata, which is my least favourite expansion of all time. The only reason Warlords pushes ahead for me is the raids. I'm a raider, so these count for a lot even if overall the expansion was very lackluster with laughably awful story, and I liked Warlords raids quite a bit overall (with the exception of particular fights).

If we're looking at content outside of raids, then its probably Shadowlands > BFA > Warlords. Warlords had nothing to do, BFA had too much to do with systems on top of systems on top of systems that made playing alts absolutely overwhelming and not worth it, and Shadowlands has been better at finding a balance. I've also still managed to find a lot of fun in the game through doing M+, which I've enjoyed greatly in both Shadowlands and BFA.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe I am doing this but I am choosing BfA over WoD.

Looking solely at the time I invested in the game during these 3 expansions, SL is at the very bottom. I quit back in January/February and haven't really considered coming back. SL I was VERY excited for at first and there was a lot of hype to see the storylines, but man, this shit is so weak, I quickly lost interest and the raiding was pretty dull, zones mostly meh... idk. Not impressed.

WoD, I almost voted for. Looking back, I enjoy WoD... in a retrospective way. You know... when I am not having to spend so much time in my garrison. When leveling, I love chosing WoD because it still has a great questline, but not too much else, imho. I experienced the fun that was Tanaan Jungle when it was live, but does it live up to all the end-zone content in BfA? Maybe... maybe not. I'm really kinda torn between WoD and

BfA. An expansion I loathe. Yet, I enjoyed playing a fair amount during it. I played some M+, I loved the updates to BGs, even though they absolutely gutted the potential of Wintergrasp, to being only a 40v40... I hated Nazjatar and thought it was a big disappointment, yet, the PVP it drove was phenomenal. The world PVP I experienced there along carries BfA for me pretty well. Honestly, I also enjoyed the very community-involved efforts in Corrupted Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms. While the ending to the final raid was an absolute joke, I really enjoyed the open-world content.

Overall, 3 fairly miserable expansions.

Never make me do this again, you hurted my brain.

All hail Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, and MoP.

Cata was garbage, I was there. I joined in TBC and Cata was garbo. Do not recommend.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I didn't really play wod, but I did start it at its release, quit, came back at end just before legion. Can't say much else than that it sucked enough for me to quit.

Bfa I did play entire expansion. There was far more stuff to do. My vote goes to BFA.

SL? .... its designed to waste my time. Nothing I wanted to do was made in way that I could enjoy it. Quit it months ago. If this was worst of three, SL would get it. Without question. I wasn't even hyped at all before its release. There was nothing to be interested in. SL is the first wow expansion I did not get interested in.
    Last edited by Morae; 2021-10-07 at 12:15 AM.

Why would you use Weaponmaster, a sub talent, over Deadshot, an outlaw azerite trait?

Lmao you're L I T E R A L L Y making things up as you go along, the gig is up

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=193537/weaponmaster
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=272935/deadshot

if you maybe said deadshot versus paradise lost or something, you *may* have had an argument

but, alas.
    You missed the point so hard. Why would I ever take Azerite gear that HAS that, over something my spec needed? Or did you miss that whole "traits requiring a specific spec" part of the previous post?

Here's your shovel my guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post

Good times
    I played Resto in BFA. Funny enough, that same thing happened. Can't remember the name for the life of me but wasn't there a trait so imbalanced that you only casted Rejuv, so much they had to nerf the trait?
    Last edited by Ekis; 2021-10-07 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Double post

You missed the point so hard. Why would I ever take Azerite gear that HAS that, over something my spec needed? Or did you miss that whole "traits requiring a specific spec" part of the previous post?

Here's your shovel my guy.
    You have 1 trait per spec and 1 flavour trait in the inner row, and 2 traits per spec in the outer row
    as in, you'd always have 3 traits for your spec to pick per piece + 1 generic that may be good

you've no idea what you're talking about, just stop.

It's like asking which form of cancer is better. But if i were to pick. WoD had content worth doing but they were too few in-between to make it worthwhile, and what stood out is the features aren't locked behind constant need to grind everyday and week or you miss out on a lot. No artifact power to use gear or traits just pick up and go from there.

You have 1 trait per spec and 1 flavour trait in the inner row, and 2 traits per spec in the outer row
    as in, you'd always have 3 traits for your spec to pick per piece + 1 generic that may be good

you've no idea what you're talking about, just stop.
    Oh I'm sorry, I mentioned the talent instead of the BoS trait for Sub. Damn, you got me /s

YOU have no idea what you're talking about. So give the numbers, or just stop bullshitting.