300 53.38%
  • Battle for Azeroth was the most enjoyable of the 3

135 24.02%
  • Shadowlands was/is still the most enjoyable of the 3

127 22.60%
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This. People just tend to forget the bad stuff, that's why [current xpac] is always the worst of all time.
    What was really wrong with it aside from them rushing and dropping shit like ogre continent? A Time traveling Orc Hitler made more sense storywise than BFA and Shadowlands do and the garrison was more useful than island expeditions. We got Blizzards full vision for BFA and depending on what you are talking about it the quality ranges from great to utter shit. We will never know how bad WoD could have been because they decided to say fuck it and moved on to Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekis View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, I mentioned the talent instead of the BoS trait for Sub. Damn, you got me /s

YOU have no idea what you're talking about. So give the numbers, or just stop bullshitting.
    its very simple.
    everyone (because gear without traits straight up didn't exist) had access to gear with bonuses
    tier (just like domination gear now) became mandatory

by having systems like azerite where you get options handed to you, and a myriad of options versus gearing systems like tier where the choice is current tier or you're behind and irrelevant, you, the player, are at the point where you can actually customize and play how you like, regardless of whether or not meta builds exist.

but since you're dumb as shit and fail to realize that idk what to tell you.

and yeah, since most azerite traits were literally copies of tier bonuses, you can miss me with the whole "tier did more" argument
    Last edited by Kehego; 2021-10-07 at 01:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a ton of fun in WoD with questing, my garrison (initially, it was pretty cool imo), and PvP. Tanaan Jungle was ass and I didn't do any raiding or dungeons really. I had a ton of fun in Ashran.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    azerite was literally tier but better.
    professions haven't mattered since frozen shadoweave.
    No way was azerite better than tier. Azerite was the same thing every patch, just you had to grind it out again. That's why they added essences and corruptions to try and hide the basic lack of engaging gearing.

As for professions, they were pretty useful in WoD.

its very simple.
    everyone (because gear without traits straight up didn't exist) had access to gear with bonuses

by having systems like azerite where you get options handed to you, and a myriad of options versus gearing systems like tier where the choice is current tier or you're behind and irrelevant, you, the player, are at the point where you can actually customize and play how you like, regardless of whether or not meta builds exist.

and yeah, since most azerite traits were literally copies of tier bonuses, you can miss me with the whole "tier did more" argument
    LMAO you still haven't given those numbers you kept harping to.

And Azerite traits were copies of traits that you lost from the artifact weapon and other passives that mean bull to the point you have to sim to see if they even provide a benefit. Like I said, you know jack shit. The fact that you resort to ad hominems instead of, you know, provide this data you keep bringing up, means you've been effectively bullshitting.

I mean, Preach explained it a long time ago. Don't need to take my word for it. So many choices, yet only 1 or 2 of them being significant. But to you, apparently the illusion of choice is better for you because there's so many options. How you complain about this with tier yet somehow are ok with this because "well there are other choices" is hilarious.

Last edited by Ekis; 2021-10-07 at 06:47 AM.

its very simple.

A myriad of options? Most specs only had one viable choice and the rest was dogshit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I had a ton of fun in WoD with questing, my garrison (initially, it was pretty cool imo), and PvP. Tanaan Jungle was ass and I didn't do any raiding or dungeons really. I had a ton of fun in Ashran.
    And thanks to garrison gold, I'll never have to pay a sub fee again

Quote Originally Posted by Ekis View Post
    LMAO you still haven't given those numbers you kept harping to.

And Azerite traits were copies of traits that you lost from the artifact weapon and other passives that mean bull to the point you have to sim to see if they even provide a benefit. Like I said, you know jack shit. The fact that you resort to ad hominems instead of, you know, provide this data you keep bringing up, means you've been effectively bullshitting.

I mean, Preach explained it a long time ago. Don't need to take my word for it. So many choices, yet only 1 or 2 of them being significant. But to you, apparently the illusion of choice is better for you because there's so many options. How you complain about this with tier yet somehow are ok with this because "well there are other choices" is hilarious.

lmao, preach.
    the fat knownothing that basically panders for views. not even opening

1 or 2 choices is better than "use tier, or suck for that tier"

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Cata was garbage, I was there. I joined in TBC and Cata was garbo. Do not recommend.
    Cata was also when they came up with the bright idea of an instanced area where you'd get to do all these dailies, for currency that wasn't really optional and which couldn't be gained elsewhere. Repeated in Isle of Thunder, Broken Isles, Argus, and Nazjatar. It sucked the first time, and it sucked all the other times, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    No way was azerite better than tier. Azerite was the same thing every patch, just you had to grind it out again. That's why they added essences and corruptions to try and hide the basic lack of engaging gearing.

As for professions, they were pretty useful in WoD.
    Rather grind out the same effects than have... bad tier that you didn't use.
    M+ made it so you would grind out the same gear every season anyway. Good on you if you played a class that didn't have to farm out court of stars ring or eye of command every patch.

You have 1 trait per spec and 1 flavour trait in the inner row, and 2 traits per spec in the outer row
    as in, you'd always have 3 traits for your spec to pick per piece + 1 generic that may be good

you've no idea what you're talking about, just stop.
    The thing is, for a number of specs there was one trait that was worth having, or effectively required to have, and everything else was junk. If that trait wasn't on a piece, that piece was junk. This was far worse than tier, where you only need two or four of the set. Also tier gear tended to come in actual per-class designs, rather than per-armour type.

lmao, preach.
    the fat knownothing that basically panders for views. not even opening

1 or 2 choices is better than "use tier, or suck for that tier"
    Whatever, I'm still waiting on those numbers.

And again, this is a really stupid argument when by that same logic there were Azerite traits for many specs that had no gameplay changing effects for a majority of the expansion (See: DKs and Warriors). So tier sucked for this very same reason for you, but was A-OK for Azerite gear because "Well at least you got choices"?

Even though SL is the first xpac that I’ve officially unsubbed, it’s more due to a culmination of poor design choices over the years rather than those specific to an xpac.

People picking WoD cant be thinking rationally, if you didn’t raid you didn’t do jack shit. That might be better to you, but how can you objectively place it higher than the other two?

I dislike current WoW as much as many of you, but come on, at least there’s things to dislike and like about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Even though SL is the first xpac that I’ve officially unsubbed, it’s more due to a culmination of poor design choices over the years rather than those specific to an xpac.

People picking WoD cant be thinking rationally, if you didn’t raid you didn’t do jack shit. That might be better to you, but how can you objectively place it higher than the other two?

I dislike current WoW as much as many of you, but come on, at least there’s things to dislike and like about it.
    I picked it because I specifically liked raiding and PvP during WoD. I can objectively place is above the other two because though BFA and SL obviously has more things to do, a lot of it is very uninteresting and boring grinds attached to unnecessary systems just to even begin to enjoy the game. More content doesn't mean more enjoyable, especially if it's content I'm not interested in doing in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Keep in mind that this poll isn't about which expansion was "objectively" the best, it's about which one you personally thought was the most enjoyable. I had fun raiding and questing during WoD, I did not have fun raiding and questing during BfA/SL.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    You can see how infested this site is with trolls by looking at the first 3 replies. They didn't play during WoD.
    Even BFA was miles ahead of WoD
    WODs release was shit for sure, but you are absolutely out of your mind if overall you dont think it was better than the last two expansions.

BFA was the absolute worst expansion that Blizzard has ever released.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BFA for sure. WoD had the no-flying debacle and SL is just plain boring.

It's just the wow cycle everyone can calm down. 3 years ago everyone called legion the worst expansion and now it's considered the 2nd best by majority of players who aren't idiots next to Mop based off content/balance/raids/pvp

You still have people in this game who say TBC/wotlk was the best expansion, let that sink in. WOTLK.... an expansion with literally 0 content once you hit max level outside of raiding and arena. Once you did your weekly raids THAT WAS IT, there was nothing else to do. ICC was utter trash, limited attempts was the worst design in the history of raiding. Yet people call it the best because "BUt Da SUBs WeRE At ItS HigEHST" I loved the lich king fight, who didn't who played WC3/FT still doesn't change the fact it was a shitty expansion BuT ULDUUAARrrRRR.

Give it a couple more years and wod/bfa/sl won't seem so bad. Especially once tbc/wotlk classic is done. I haven't heard anything from the thousands who dictated vanilla was the height of WoW ever since classic ended. Once the spergs and kids get to experience what they claim they did once before, they'll wake up.

BfA > SL > WoD

WoD in premise was just to insulting of an expansion to ever give a pass as not being the worst expansion. Irrespective of that, Shadowlands is the worst expansion for them actually putting in an effort. Which in some ways is even more sad than WoD.

BfA wasn't good as whole but at least had some salvageable ideas and moments. I actually enjoyed 5 mask HV and thought BoD was one of the best raids in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    It's just the wow cycle everyone can calm down. 3 years ago everyone called legion the worst expansion and now it's considered the 2nd best by majority of players who aren't idiots next to Mop based off content/balance/raids/pvp
    Bullshit. At the back of WoD most people may have have had complaints about Legion and some of it's systems, but only the utterly lost and clueless would have called it that in the beginning. Towards the end it was clear that BfA was a massive downgrade to legion in all regards for anyone that even vaguely followed the beta testing.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.