Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    It is for heroic only guilds which have carries and ppl who do not do anything outside of raids (because vault gives you 239 if you dont do M+). These ppl don't pug.

    Frankly, i do have 246 ilvl but half of my guild doesnt. Half are below 239 with some below 235. They have sylvanas less than 10 tries and then the more geared players stopped showing up. This means even the earlier bosses are now harder to kill. Heroic only guilds don't have all like minded ppl that keep up with doing extra stuff.

    I mean I guess you could say that this guild probably doesn't deserve the kill since they cant be bothered to get at least something like a weekly dungeon outside of raid. But at this point, ppl have stopped playing and helping out would hurt no one. As you say, most ppl should have 245ish by how and get an easy kill so they might as well help with some nerfs since it should not make a difference.

    The reality though is this: check guild progress before assuming how easy something is or is not. From a guild pov. And how many guilds stopped at 9/10. It isn't necessarily that it is super hard, but it is hard enough that ppl prefer to quit instead of try. It is also in a period of turmoil with Blizz and it was over vacation season so even more ppl just stopped playing. Some nerfs would help those who still play. Might even convince some of the guildies to come back if they're not looking at 50 wipes.
    i will tell the small casual story of how my guild died 2 weeks ago

    we were casual guild that raided 2 times a week - impossible to recruit enough people for mythic - no cross realm mythic open yet - so we were hard stuck on sylvanas.

    1 night - 5th pull of the night and suddenly after 1 wipe people decided that they have enough of it and they would rather play FF then progress sylvanas any further.

    so in that moment 11 people reloged to FF for rest of night . none of them logged back on - 4 remining people left for new guilds - and now nobody log in to that guild anymore.

    and here blizzard nerfs it for couple of nolifers while leaving thousands of guilds like mine doomed to stop playing and go play FF

    guess what - new FF expansion is coming - and it will decimate whatever is left of SL when it gets milions of views exposure on twitch and youtube.

    clokc is ticking

    tik tok tik tok

    doom is coming to azeroth . silently but inevitably

    and they f...... deserve what is coming to them for neglecting their casual playerbase and sacrificing whole game just so few mythic tryhards could feel special

    and yes im angry . because its wildstar happening all over again

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You seem to be unfamiliar with how Blizzard nerfs raids.

    They know how many people/guilds have killed boss X, but not boss X+1. If to many guilds get stuck on certain bosses for to long Blizzard will nerf them to keep people progressing through the raid and not get stuck behind a wall they can climb because then they quit playing.

    So by seeing Mythic bosses get nerfed but not Heroic or Normal bosses we can conclude that Normal and Heroic guilds are progressing through the raid at a rate that Blizzard is happy with, while some Mythic bosses are getting nerfed to keep guilds moving.

    This has nothing to do with how many people raid at that level.
    honestly i dont give any f.... aboout how they do it now

    because what last 8 years show us they are doing it very very very wrong ever since MoP ended.

    time to go back to model that worked - aka wolk-mop era of nerfs to everything in game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    We actually had more issues with the one with garrosh than this one. I also heard some say fatescribe would be hard. I guess each guild faces their own issues. I am assuming painsmith was not an issue with us becsuse we could lose 2-3 dpses and still have enough dps to kill the bombs.

    I also don't think Sylvanas would be that hard for us but with everyone saying she is disproportionally hard compared to KT, ppl would rather not give it a go. Some nerfs would alleviate this. For example, decrease her health for phase 1 - that phase is unnecessarily long and boring and nobody likes to spend ages before getting to the part you need to progress on. Yes, I know, historically all end boss fights are 10+ mins long but this first phase seems exceptionally long and uninspiring. Maybe because i do shit all as a tank - swap, run, dps some arrows and heal ppl for 3 mins or more.
    they say it because sylvanas is idioticaly overtuned compared to first 4 bosses on mythic .

    anyone sane who isnt pretending to swing his e-shlong around will tell you - ignore sylvanas - if you miss people make cross realm lfg group and do first 3-4 bosses on mythic - only then return there because that fight is

    a) complete garbage
    b) complete boring utter snoozefest untill you get to p3 making you fall asleep for first 7 minutes of fight
    c) even then its complete oovertuned garbage.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-09-21 at 11:59 AM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i will tell the small casual story of how my guild died 2 weeks ago

    we were casual guild that raided 2 times a week - impossible to recruit enough people for mythic - no cross realm mythic open yet - so we were hard stuck on sylvanas.

    1 night - 5th pull of the night and suddenly after 1 wipe people decided that they have enough of it and they would rather play FF then progress sylvanas any further.

    so in that moment 11 people reloged to FF for rest of night . none of them logged back on - 4 remining people left for new guilds - and now nobody log in to that guild anymore.

    and here blizzard nerfs it for couple of nolifers while leaving thousands of guilds like mine doomed to stop playing and go play FF

    guess what - new FF expansion is coming - and it will decimate whatever is left of SL when it gets milions of views exposure on twitch and youtube.

    clokc is ticking

    tik tok tik tok

    doom is coming to azeroth . silently but inevitably

    and they f...... deserve what is coming to them for neglecting their casual playerbase and sacrificing whole game just so few mythic tryhards could feel special

    and yes im angry . because its wildstar happening all over again



    honestly i dont give any f.... aboout how they do it now

    because what last 8 years show us they are doing it very very very wrong ever since MoP ended.

    time to go back to model that worked - aka wolk-mop era of nerfs to everything in game.

    - - - Updated - - -



    they say it because sylvanas is idioticaly overtuned compared to first 4 bosses on mythic .

    anyone sane who isnt pretending to swing his e-shlong around will tell you - ignore sylvanas - if you miss people make cross realm lfg group and do first 3-4 bosses on mythic - only then return there because that fight is

    a) complete garbage
    b) complete boring utter snoozefest untill you get to p3 making you fall asleep for first 7 minutes of fight
    c) even then its complete oovertuned garbage.
    Blizzard already nerfed/fixed normal and heroic bosses. Now, they are nerfing mythic for guilds that have been there and struggling a bit.
    Basically, you’re stating your guild couldn’t clear it post nerf so everyone rage quit to play something else they enjoy and you’re blaming it Blizzard for not continuing to keep rolling nerfs to appease your guilds skill level.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    We actually had more issues with the one with garrosh than this one. I also heard some say fatescribe would be hard. I guess each guild faces their own issues. I am assuming painsmith was not an issue with us becsuse we could lose 2-3 dpses and still have enough dps to kill the bombs.
    We had/have MUCH more problems with H Fatescribe, tbh. It's all about luck who gets to do the runes for us. H Painsmith was really easy.

    We are wiping currenly on H Sylvanas P1, because our healers cant keep up with the incoming dmg.
    Last edited by Tubben; 2021-09-21 at 03:32 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubben View Post
    We had/have MUCH more problems with H Fatescribe, tbh. It's all about luck who gets to do the runes for us. H Painsmith was really easy.

    We are wiping currenly on H Sylvanas P1, because our healers cant keep up with the incoming dmg.
    dont want to make you sad by p1 is easiest of phases.

    just go do terragru and eye mythic - they are sooo much easier.

  5. #25
    Now that they are trying to Desexualize the game, me and the boys will be showing our support by going through Stormwind and throwing Happy Fun Rocks at female characters wearing armor that is too revealing. RIP your bag space you Alah'less degenerates.

  6. #26
    I kind of miss the days when there was the progressive buff/debuff zone-wide in raids as time goes on. I feel like the Hall of Fame is literally holding back adjustments to fights, as their new trend is to do blanket nerfs to the content once cross-realm opens up. If these adjustments are necessary to the point that you feel like you have to implement them at all, why are you holding back these changes if not for the Hall of Fame? If you want a case for 'catering to the top 1%', this actually has some legs... because realistically, the same people will be getting into the Hall of Fame even if you had a progressive buff/debuff in the raids.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubben View Post
    We had/have MUCH more problems with H Fatescribe, tbh. It's all about luck who gets to do the runes for us. H Painsmith was really easy.

    We are wiping currenly on H Sylvanas P1, because our healers cant keep up with the incoming dmg.
    Please DM me your logs, it could easily be your dps not killing chains or standing in everything. I find it hard to believe your healers throughput is so low you can die P1 while being 9/10H.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    This is your fault.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Please DM me your logs, it could easily be your dps not killing chains or standing in everything. I find it hard to believe your healers throughput is so low you can die P1 while being 9/10H.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GWXpg1P84QamwnTb

    Was the first time we engaged her. I think at 2/3/15 its maybe one heal to little. And keep in mind we are a casual guild, with a large gap between decent and not so decent players. I am playing the retri.

  9. #29
    This did not disappoint. I knew this comment section would summon elitists who would just accuse people of sucking at the game after someone mentions overtuning. The last time I saw a nerf list this long was mythic Garrosh. Maybe instead of overtuning bosses in mythic, Blizzard puts out properly balanced encounters.

  10. #30
    [With realm restarts] Fixed an issue that sometimes caused two Stitchflesh’s Creations to be summoned in quick succession.
    Finally! It was really annoying to have two creations spawn within 5 seconds, this is why we stacked on spears for that stupid boss.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    It is for heroic only guilds which have carries and ppl who do not do anything outside of raids (because vault gives you 239 if you dont do M+). These ppl don't pug.

    Frankly, i do have 246 ilvl but half of my guild doesnt. Half are below 239 with some below 235. They have sylvanas less than 10 tries and then the more geared players stopped showing up. This means even the earlier bosses are now harder to kill. Heroic only guilds don't have all like minded ppl that keep up with doing extra stuff.

    I mean I guess you could say that this guild probably doesn't deserve the kill since they cant be bothered to get at least something like a weekly dungeon outside of raid. But at this point, ppl have stopped playing and helping out would hurt no one. As you say, most ppl should have 245ish by how and get an easy kill so they might as well help with some nerfs since it should not make a difference.

    The reality though is this: check guild progress before assuming how easy something is or is not. From a guild pov. And how many guilds stopped at 9/10. It isn't necessarily that it is super hard, but it is hard enough that ppl prefer to quit instead of try. It is also in a period of turmoil with Blizz and it was over vacation season so even more ppl just stopped playing. Some nerfs would help those who still play. Might even convince some of the guildies to come back if they're not looking at 50 wipes.
    Yeah... you dont have a mythic raid team if 50 wipes is enough to drive away your players. I'd recommend LFR.....

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubben View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GWXpg1P84QamwnTb

    Was the first time we engaged her. I think at 2/3/15 its maybe one heal to little. And keep in mind we are a casual guild, with a large gap between decent and not so decent players. I am playing the retri.
    Thanks, I'll commend you for being the star dps player.
    That being said, there are several points I would suggest you consider.
    A) add a healer. My first kill was 21 people, 2/4/15.The healers you did run were having to heal way more than should have been expected, props to them for solid throughput.

    B) multiple dps don't understand how the arrow dot works. They need to clear their stacks by standing close enough to an arrow when it spawns to clear their stacks, while also not getting sucked in and dying. Several deaths came from ticking damage that was unhealable given the comp.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...15&type=deaths

    Additionally, this prot warrior only used Shield block once and ignore pain 4 times in a 3 minute time frame. No shield wall, no last stand, no rallying cry and died. Not ideal.

    C) while it's okay to be casual, your raid's overall dps is unacceptably low for this ilvl. I would encourage your other dps to consider spending a few minutes to iron out their basic rotation as it's quite apparent most of them can't even manage that on a target dummy, let alone during an encounter.

    D) my intention isn't to be rude or insulting, but if your guild doesn't want to spend an eternity on this boss or risk burn-out, a number of your players will need to decide to up their game a bit, lest they end up wasting other people's time which I consider disrespectful in a raid setting.

    If you'd like more detailed log analysis you can whisper me, I'm more than happy to help but I don't want to further clog this thread. Happy hunting!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    This is your fault.

  13. #33
    Thanks for taking the time and checking the logs.

    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    A) add a healer. My first kill was 21 people, 2/4/15.The healers you did run were having to heal way more than should have been expected, props to them for solid throughput.
    Yes, we talked about that. Spritze, our priest is normaly a main DD, but our main priest is in holydays atm. We will try it 4-healing next ID. Using Spritze as our 4th healer.

    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    B) multiple dps don't understand how the arrow dot works. They need to clear their stacks by standing close enough to an arrow when it spawns to clear their stacks, while also not getting sucked in and dying. Several deaths came from ticking damage that was unhealable given the comp.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...15&type=deaths
    They should know that, since it isnt that different than normal, except you get killed this time if you get sucked into the arrow. We told that the raid multiple times, but as i said - we have some weak spots, who have some problems with playing mechanics.

    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Additionally, this prot warrior only used Shield block once and ignore pain 4 times in a 3 minute time frame. No shield wall, no last stand, no rallying cry and died. Not ideal.
    Yes, he is one of our weak spots. But he's one of the 2 main tanks since a long time. If he isnt there i tank normaly.

    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    C) while it's okay to be casual, your raid's overall dps is unacceptably low for this ilvl. I would encourage your other dps to consider spending a few minutes to iron out their basic rotation as it's quite apparent most of them can't even manage that on a target dummy, let alone during an encounter.
    Unfortunally this is like beating a dead horse, it wont change. We have to many ppl who dont even do M+ to get some better gear, and have also some problems to do proper dps. But as i said, it wont change. At some points the "top" 4-5 dps will even out the worser ones and the boss will die. It's been like this for like forever.

    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    D) my intention isn't to be rude or insulting, but if your guild doesn't want to spend an eternity on this boss or risk burn-out, a number of your players will need to decide to up their game a bit, lest they end up wasting other people's time which I consider disrespectful in a raid setting.
    Oh, i dont get that as rude or insulting. I like feedback, and i know we are limited in several points. I thank you for the time you took to check the logs and write that post. Ill hope next id will be a bit better at Sylvanas, given we kill Fatescribe and KT again :-)

    Best wishes,
    Keldan

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    this guy is known to troll here or hes a legit degen
    what the? All i said was Normal and Heroic isn't hard, enough video guides are out now on what you need to do.
    Are you saying people shouldn't look into mechanics of a boss...do any effort to get gear to push past the content...well there is LFR for you then.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by gaaara View Post
    what the? All i said was Normal and Heroic isn't hard, enough video guides are out now on what you need to do.
    Are you saying people shouldn't look into mechanics of a boss...do any effort to get gear to push past the content...well there is LFR for you then.
    i was talking about that other dude you quoted lol kamuimac and TheRevenantHero are known trolls that will try to bash WoW everytime they can in oder to make FF14 look better even fabricade shit like "ff14 raids are way harder than wows pre nerf mythic" and that "WoW is palyed by addons" everyone can be word first no skill needed lol
    I.O BFA Season 3


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •