Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    It was the first attempt at a more sandboxy style of island.
    There was lots of stuff to discover and collecting things was still new and exiting.
    It looked and sounded really nice.
    It was easy to travese and rarely frustrating.
    It was part of a really great expansion with an engaging story and good gameplay, so people weren't quite as checked out of the expansions story/gameplay as much as with other .2 or .3 islands.

Not saying it was the best island (that's probably the mechagnone one), but being first and being part of a good expansion really helps being remebered fondly.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Thr turtle farms
    The ox/crane/etc. arena boss
    The bridge and the cape requirement to cross, and that you could still go over with gliders etc felt rly fun
    Ordos
    The rep farm
    The rares and their drops
    Waiting for Huolon to spawn and wallclimbing around its spawn

5.4 had amazing class design imo and it just looked rly pretty in general
    im cool pls respodn

I never liked but I am assuming some ppl liked it because:
    1. Offerd tokens for alts - despite what ppl recall, this war the biggest thing
    + world boss with gear for everyone
    2. Unrestrictee grind appeals to some
    3. Griefing under the tag of world pvp
    4. The idea of treasures and some jumping puzzles
    5. Bunch of rares to farm for rare loot all in one space

Personally, i got bored quite fast. It was a good way to burn hours and hours waiting around for rares to spawn every day and i did not have that kind of time to wait around.

It had different areas with increasingly difficult enemies
    It had profession activities
    It had events which spawned
    It had world bosses
    It had the PvP vendor with the toy that let you kill even members of your own faction
    Other stuff too but there was quite abit of non-dungeon/raid activities available for players, granted it
    was an early iteration of it`s kind but quite good at the time.

Gave a (relatively) tangible group of goals with rewards you could keep forever or at least a long time that were unique and cool. I think WoD treasures sort of forever watered down the appeal of toys/pets in addition to Blizz sticking with their "can only be used in this shitty zone of this xpac that you'll never visit again with a 24 year cooldown" thing on pets/cosmetics. Even mounts are sort of watered down at this point.

It was a bar room arena where we saw gangs take on the challenge of an August Celestial. We cheered, we drank, we ate questionable food...FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!

It was bad from the beginning.

5+ Year Old Account
    While I wasn't playing when MoP was current, I still think that TI:

1) is a beautiful place, much unlike, say, the Broken Shore or the Maw/Korthia.
    2) has an outstanding soundtrack, in an expansion already great in that regard.
    3) is thematically fitting to the general vibe of MoP, without being overbearing (unlike the Maw, again).
    4) could have been a decent introduction to WoD, if devs had stuck to the original plan, i.e. Draenor being just a past version of current Outland instead of all that alternate dimensions/universes BS.

Furthermore, if you go to any decent *censored* MoP server, you will find that TI is great when it comes to world PvP. Much like Quel'danas in BC, but even better
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Blizz was tossing in new content almost every few weeks when the expansion hit. It's no wonder there was such a drought later.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No, it was just a worse Isle of Thunder.
    Yup. It was too compact and too densely packed with players. So much so you needed an add-on just to try to be in position for rares because the mobs farming them were killing them so fast you barely had a chance to get there and get a hit in. We did them at off peak hours when there was no one around as were having our coffee before work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Blizz was tossing in new content almost every few weeks when the expansion hit. It's no wonder there was such a drought later.
    Historically always been a drought at the end, but we know why a d it's been well documented. WoWs team basically doubled so they could concurrently work on WoD and Legion due to all the system additions and changes along with all the additional art a d quests required for order halls and artifacts. They ran across a lot of onboarding issues with bringing newbies up to speed, hence the reason a zone, a raid, and a major patch was removed from WoD because they were running so far behind schedule.

Imagine how much longer SoO would have lasted if they went until WoD was completed as intended with the Fields of Farahlon and multiple locations for your Garrison.

Wasn't too interested in the zone at first because i couldn't get any gear upgrades from there, but some of the rares were actually fun to kill. Especially that gray fire elemental at the bridge and that one yaungol rare which you would always pull away from the platform with 20+ adds just wrecking havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Imagine how much longer SoO would have lasted if they went until WoD was completed as intended with the Fields of Farahlon and multiple locations for your Garrison.
    Well, I at least might have felt like I paid for a full expansion. It probably wouldn't have stopped me from quitting since I felt the writing just sucked. But I would have taken longer to reach that /ragequit point.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well, I at least might have felt like I paid for a full expansion. It probably wouldn't have stopped me from quitting since I felt the writing just sucked. But I would have taken longer to reach that /ragequit point.
    WoD was fine for me, some of the best raid encounters up until that point. All I do is basically raid, so it was all good. so 1, 2, 10 patches, it really doesn't matter as it really has only cost be a little more than 50 cents a day.

I think many liked the non-polished feel of it. At least I could appreciate that. Not everything was super-thought out to reduced or increase this or that. It was kinda crazy and there was plenty to do if you had nothing else.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No, it was just a worse Isle of Thunder.
    it was nothing like IoT.

it was the first time they did a zone like that.

i think its one of the worst things they've ever done to the game