Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

ransomware attack on us food supply chain!

there has been a ransomware attack on the u.s. food supply chain on the iowa based provider of agriculture services new cooperative. INC. which provides about 40% of feed and grain to 11,000,000 farm animals. a ransom demand of around 6$ million has been put forward. greatly impacting the supply of pork chicken and grain. expect us food prices to go up even more if this is not settled.
    https://arstechnica.com/information-...food-shortage/
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dang, those criminals are playing with fire by targeting the US food supply. If the FBI/CIA want to devote enough resources to any one thing they can figure out just about anything. Will be really interesting if more info comes out.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-09-21 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Dang, those criminals are playing with fire by targeting the US food supply. If the FBI/CIA want to devote enough resources to any one thing they can figure out just about anything. Will be really interesting if more info comes out.
    No they're not. This shit has been going on for almost a decade and everyone refuses to do anything about it.

You are concerned with the wrong criminals, the reason hackers are easily able to do this in the US is because we have so many oligopolies. One company owning 40% of anything is a pretty good sign that there is virtually no competition.

until we ban crypto it will continue.

attacks on the food supply, water supply, energy supply and on hospitals. All of the cunts doing this need droning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You are concerned with the wrong criminals, the reason hackers are easily able to do this in the US is because we have so many oligopolies.
    Did NEW Cooperative Inc do anything criminal? An oligopoly doesn't necessarily imply anything criminal it just implies the market is currently sub-optimal. As long as an oligopoly is not state sponsored then that basically just means the business is really good at what they do, which you can't blame them for that. There is plenty of investors who can create competing organizations at any time.
    One company owning 40% of anything is a pretty good sign that there is virtually no competition.
    A company can own 100% of their sector and it's not wrong unless they have specifically done something immoral or illegal.

A company can own 100% of their sector and it's not wrong unless they have done something immoral or illegal.
    Yes, because the history of monopolies has been so beneficial for...literally nobody except the people/company in control of the monopoly. Did you ever ask yourself why anti-monopoly laws and regulations were created in the first place?

These 'hackers' (typically some idiot opening a file and jeopardising the network after...) seriously need very long sentences...

Sadly they're generally from another country, one that won't have them extradited for their crimes.

These fuckers attacked the HSE here in Ireland. How fucking low can these scumbags go going after hospitals impacting people's very lives...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-09-21 at 08:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, because the history of monopolies has been so beneficial for...literally nobody except the people/company in control of the monopoly. Did you ever ask yourself why anti-monopoly laws and regulations were created in the first place?
    I don't agree with the claim that most anti-trust policies have ever been rational or justified. To me those have largely been an arbitrary exercise of authority where government leaders cherry pick certain businesses and issues and engage in double standards.

But like I said if a monopoly specifically did something immoral/illegal and there is proof, then yeah, in that case they deserve to be smashed by the public or the government.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-09-21 at 10:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im sure if these huge companies used a few mill on IT security this wouldt be an issue, we read about big company X victim by ransomware every month, all of em could have prevented it by investing 5-10% of the ransom amount into IT security.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

A company can own 100% of their sector and it's not wrong unless they have specifically done something immoral or illegal.
    Then don't complain when hackers can bring down entire parts of the economy because we've done this by not enforcing anti-trust laws. Also you can't say anything about free markets because you are obviously against it.

I don't agree with the claim that most anti-trust policies have ever been rational or justified.
    So just continued historical ignorance, because why ever learn anything from mistakes that have already been made when you can repeat the same mistakes endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Im sure if these huge companies used a few mill on IT security this wouldt be an issue, we read about big company X victim by ransomware every month, all of em could have prevented it by investing 5-10% of the ransom amount into IT security.
    Most of these companies don't even have multi factor authentication or complex password requirements. The US government let's these giant corporations control so much of our lives but they have no obligation to protect any of their information or data. The centralization of so much power and so little regulation has made us easy targets, if ever there was a war any half decent country could easily bring us to our knees.

Damn should have bought more bacon and eggs before the prices go up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take part of the 3.5 Trillion in infrastructure and disconnect the U.S Internet from countries that allow for this kind of shit, sanction them for whatever cost incurred. Then upgrade and develop security upgrades to our most crucial systems wireless systems.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of these companies don't even have multi factor authentication or complex password requirements. The US government let's these giant corporations control so much of our lives but they have no obligation to protect any of their information or data. The centralization of so much power and so little regulation has made us easy targets, if ever there was a war any half decent country could easily bring us to our knees.
    Yeah and NO, seriously this bullshit where we have to have 20 fucking security codes and jump through bullshit hoops is enough. The problem is our relationship with countries that have hostile intent towards the U.S or simply don't give a shit to do something about the criminal elements that make all this necessary.

Comes a point there needs to be punishment for these human pieces of garbage that put this kind of stress on everyone else.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah and NO, seriously this bullshit where we have to have 20 fucking security codes and jump through bullshit hoops is enough. The problem is our relationship with countries that have hostile intent towards the U.S or simply don't give a shit to do something about the criminal elements that make all this necessary.

Comes a point there needs to be punishment for these human pieces of garbage that put this kind of stress on everyone else.
    I am not talking about having 20 fucking security codes, I am talking about the basics like you know not having password as your password. I hate to break it to you but even countries we are friendly with hack us heck we do it to friendly countries, we just really really suck at security and infrastructure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not talking about having 20 fucking security codes, I am talking about the basics like you know not having password as your password. I hate to break it to you but even countries we are friendly with hack us heck we do it to friendly countries, we just really really suck at security and infrastructure.
    No it's not the problem of people having a password password, the problem is we allow criminals way too much of an an excuse because some can't or wont do anything about it. Even with going with your line of thought being an easy victim is no excuse for blaming the victims. The problem is the criminals, and as I said countries that have no interesting and doing something about their cyber criminals and giving real punishment and prison time to idiots that do this shit, well then they should be left out of whatever infrastructure built to combat this nonsense to keep it from ever happening again.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No it's not the problem of people having a password password, the problem is we allow criminals way too much of an an excuse because some can't or wont do anything about it. Even with going with your line of thought being an easy victim is no excuse for blaming the victims. The problem is the criminals, and as I said countries that have no interesting and doing something about their cyber criminals and giving real punishment and prison time to idiots that do this shit, well then they should be left out of whatever infrastructure built to combat this nonsense to keep it from ever happening again.
    If someone walks into a bad neighborhood with a see through wallet full of $100 bills, walks of their expensive car leaving the door open do they not have any blame for what happens next? Look it up the vast majority of these hacks are not zero day exploits or complex hacks just complete utter lack of basic IT security protocols. Even the heads of IT in these companies sometimes have zero IT experience.

If someone walks into a bad neighborhood with a see through wallet full of $100 bills, walks of their expensive car leaving the door open do they not have any blame for what happens next? Look it up the vast majority of these hacks are not zero day exploits or complex hacks just complete utter lack of basic IT security protocols. Even the heads of IT in these companies sometimes have zero IT experience.
    So I’m correct in assuming you think a woman walking home drunk is partially to blame for her rape if it happens?

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    So I’m correct in assuming you think a woman walking home drunk is partially to blame for her rape if it happens?
    In this case she is walking drunk naked with a rape me sign on her back.