Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You want Blizzard to waste time and resources on something only you and a minoprity of people see as a problem. Nah. I wou8ld rather spend those resources on developing the game instead of waiting on creating a safe space for people who cannot ignore something they don't like on their own
    Studies have shown that the first few hours of a game are the most important to convince new players to stay.
    So... the new starter zone is not perfect but pretty great imo. one of the better ideas blizzard had.

However after that new starting experience new players come into the main city of their faction.
    With the trade channel in their chat window.
    And the horrible garbage hot trash boosting spam of doom, on my server there is so much spam that if there was any npc flavor text i would have missed on screen and tried to find in the chat window i would not be able to scroll up fast enough before it get's pushed out of it.

This will give anyone that's not completely oblivious to online gaming a bad taste in their mouth, is this a paid subscription game or some hot asian p2w trash?

If you don't see a problem with this you are a part of the problem.
    If you think using addons or exiting the trade chat should be the default for new players in their first few hours, you are a part of the problem.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2021-09-22 at 12:26 AM.

they would just move their services outside the game/discord like they did previously. Sell it via other ways... there is no way to stop boosting
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

They really should get rid of it all together or remove wow token, both cannot be in the game at the same time. One or the other, preferably both to get it in one fell swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    they would just move their services outside the game/discord like they did previously. Sell it via other ways... there is no way to stop boosting
    I mean that would be a marked improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    Studies have shown that the first few hours of a game are the most important to convince new players to stay.
    So... the new starter zone is not perfect but pretty great imo. one of the better ideas blizzard had.

However after that new starting experience new players come into the main city of their faction.
    With the trade channel in their chat window.
    And the horrible garbage hot trash boosting spam of doom, on my server there is so much spam that if there was any npc flavor text i would have missed on screen and tried to find in the chat window i would not be able to scroll up fast enough before it get's pushed out of it.

This will give anyone that's not completely oblivious to online gaming a bad taste in their mouth, is this a paid subscription game or some hot asian p2w trash?

If you don't see a problem with this you are a part of the problem.
    If you think using addons or exiting the trade chat should be the default for new players in their first few hours, you are a part of the problem.
    Most actually NEW players won't start on a heavily populated server Blizz pushes them to medium or new servers

Also what's the difference between boost ads and a stream of anal jokes

There's a more simple solution to end boosting, simply remove rating requirements on upgrades, and just give elite better looking gear for gladiators.

Also make gold transfer throughout all servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzembwamugumbwalchu View Post
    There's a more simple solution to end boosting, simply remove rating requirements on upgrades, and just give elite better looking gear for gladiators.

Also make gold transfer throughout all servers.

They tried both of these:

1.) I think they gave better-looking gear in MoP and enchants I think but that died out (I'd like them to bring that back)

2.) Gold transfer would actually increase boosting, or at least prices in theory. They increased the amount one could transfer with, but making it automatically transfer with no penalties would incentivize gold selling which would in turn increase boosting (think of the servers with low pops)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Just block direct player to player gold trading. No payment = no boosting.
    I don't know if blocking direct player-to-player gold trading is necessary since there are legitimate reasons for players to do this. You could certainly put a limit on it though.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Other countries exist too. It's pretty ignorant to think that other countries where $6 an hour would be welcome don't have a literate population. Do computers only exist in developed nations?

The cost may be 1.5M but it's in response to someone who said it couldn't happen because you would need 2500 employees to do it. Now that guy has no idea how the world works.
    because if you wanted to have 1 person per server 24/7 you would need ATLEAST 2500 people, cause there is not "15 servers" there is over 500

Download the BoostMeNot addon.

Tada, no more seeing boost sales in any chat.

Now if we could bring back proper group filtering to remove them from the group finder as well, that'd be peachy.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because if you wanted to have 1 person per server 24/7 you would need ATLEAST 2500 people, cause there is not "15 servers" there is over 500
    Why?

It is monitoring global and lfg alone. Anyone banned needs a new account to continue what kind of attrition are you expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
    Let me start this by saying I hate boosting. Boosting will not be going away, with the token its too big of a cash cow for blizzards to give up. What would you think if blizzard set aside servers that made boosting on them an insta ban. They already have servers that cater to specific play styles, pvp and pve servers (classic only), RP servers, why not have boosting servers. The boost / non boost servers would not be able to interact with eachother.
    So you watched a Belluar video, and now have a problem with an aspect of a game that has literally nothing to do with you.

Stop playing the game, stop crying, go do something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That's great. Obviously you don't need reading skills for these Californian jobs. Have another go mate..
    There's nothing whatsoever that says that the jobs must be located in the U.S. They don't. It's still a terrible idea but everyone assuming that GM positions would be centered in California aren't thinking it through.

Again, it's a non-starter of an idea. Just saying that people should be skeptical that low wage jobs like this wouldn't land in some other country.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloie View Post
    Your heart is in the right place, but we need server merges, not server splits… :|

What makes boosting problematic anyways? Does it affect you or the way you play the game? You don’t even win by getting boosted because you’re still paying for something that everyone else already has.
    No we don't need server merges thanks. You want that? Go play retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    No we don't need server merges thanks. You want that? Go play retail.
    .....this thread is about retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would it make business sense to offer a service but then punish people for using that service?

Never mind that if they wanted “boosting-free servers” it was be so insanely easy to code it so a boost can’t be applied to a toon on said server type, rather than just ban people’s accounts. A single boost token doesn’t make up for the loss of a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why would it make business sense to offer a service but then punish people for using that service?

Never mind that if they wanted “boosting-free servers” it was be so insanely easy to code it so a boost can’t be applied to a toon on said server type, rather than just ban people’s accounts. A single boost token doesn’t make up for the loss of a sub.
    Think we are talking people buy 15s and raid carries not the level boost.

Oh yay...another "possible solution" thread with the most absolute ridiculous thing I've read in a awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
    Let me start this by saying I hate boosting. Boosting will not be going away, with the token its too big of a cash cow for blizzards to give up. What would you think if blizzard set aside servers that made boosting on them an insta ban. They already have servers that cater to specific play styles, pvp and pve servers (classic only), RP servers, why not have boosting servers. The boost / non boost servers would not be able to interact with eachother.
    Blizzard like boosting because it makes selling tokens like hot cakes.
    And players love boosting because can avoid them going through LFG and waste time with the toxicity in M+ and Curve Pug

Also this "no boosting" server idea is countered by 1. Discord and 2. Cross Realm Raiding

Soooo boosting is staying there, no matter how hard you stomp your feet on the ground.

Source : I am a Senior Advertiser in Dawn/Gallywix

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    God bless you are not game designer.

Read what u just wrote one more time, and if u keep thinking this is a good idea, you should consider to stop posting on public forums, because u look like a fool.

Mmorpg is all about character progression. If u take that away u literally kill the game. Stop trying giving ideas in areas you are clearly clueless.
    It's exactly what they did with resilience. An item gained from PvP was better for PvP than an item gained from PVE.