Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    hey boosting got me to my long boy in 3 weeks back in BFA so i think boosting is not as bad as ppl think , and theres addons to manage chat spam and the like

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    hey boosting got me to my long boy in 3 weeks back in BFA so i think boosting is not as bad as ppl think , and theres addons to manage chat spam and the like
    Well it doesn't really matter what people think. Blizzard said it is fine if you are boosting for gold. The separate tab does seem like a good idea tho. Easy to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    If this didn’t work on gold sellers from classic -Wod why do you think it would work now with boosters?
    It isn't a magic 100% silver bullet solution to the situation. It still is far more effective then doing absolutely nothing about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard makes tons of money off boosting. They're not going to do anything about it. In fact they may facilitate it and make it easier for the boosters. Normalizing and legitimizing boosting will just be another nail in the coffin, along side all the other shit wrong with the game like WoW token.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    One GM per server. How many servers do they have? Hell let's just assume it's 100 servers.

How much would you need to pay that GM? 40k per year? So that's 4 million Euros per year on that assumption alone just to combat something that actually makes them money.

Good luck, it will never happen.
    Tsarez legit dont even bother, i pointed out to them that there is ATLEAST 500 servers, and that even if you had people work 8 hour work days you would need 3 people for a full 24 hour period, leading to about 5 people for a full week (cause people work 5/7 days a week)

meaning you would need about 2500 people.

but they came back with "you would only need to moderate like 15 servers, and you can just pay then 6$ an hour. problem solved"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Or just give us an option to ignore messages/groups with certain keywords. Easiest fix in my opinion. No need to spend millions and hire people to review chats.
    Let boosters have to play a game of taboo to reach people that don't want to see boosting services.
    you can, there is multiple addons to do exactly that.
    but blizzard wont do it themselves cause if you block
    WTS

suddenly
    "Firenewts Raid group!" is blocked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    It isn't a magic 100% silver bullet solution to the situation. It still is far more effective then doing absolutely nothing about.
    except boosting is never, and has never been against the rules, so get crunked.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Tsarez legit dont even bother, i pointed out to them that there is ATLEAST 500 servers, and that even if you had people work 8 hour work days you would need 3 people for a full 24 hour period, leading to about 5 people for a full week (cause people work 5/7 days a week)

meaning you would need about 2500 people.

but they came back with "you would only need to moderate like 15 servers, and you can just pay then 6$ an hour. problem solved"

- - - Updated - - -

you can, there is multiple addons to do exactly that.
    but blizzard wont do it themselves cause if you block
    WTS

suddenly
    "Firenewts Raid group!" is blocked.
    Because you wouldn't need a GM for every single server. Have a few floating GMs for low-pop server then have other GMs dedicated to high-pop servers like Illidan. Mentioning how many servers there are and acting like they ALL need a GM to monitor them is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Blizzard makes tons of money off boosting. They're not going to do anything about it. In fact they may facilitate it and make it easier for the boosters. Normalizing and legitimizing boosting will just be another nail in the coffin, along side all the other shit wrong with the game like WoW token.
    vanilla 2004 called, they want the credit for that.
    boosting has been normal and legit since 2004, my guild sold rag kills for people to try and get their eye of ragnaros.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Because you wouldn't need a GM for every single server. Have a few floating GMs for low-pop server then have other GMs dedicated to high-pop servers like Illidan. Mentioning how many servers there are and acting like they ALL need a GM to monitor them is asinine.
    thats why i gave the 500 number.

cause there is 500 retail NA servers. so i just gave that number, with all of EU, china, Wow classic NA/EU/China and Wow classic legacy NA/EU/China acting as the "Smaller servers can have multiple"

vanilla 2004 called, they want the credit for that.
    boosting has been normal and legit since 2004, my guild sold rag kills for people to try and get their eye of ragnaros.

- - - Updated - - -

thats why i gave the 500 number.

cause there is 500 retail NA servers. so i just gave that number, with all of EU, china, Wow classic NA/EU/China and Wow classic legacy NA/EU/China acting as the "Smaller servers can have multiple"
    There is NOT 500 NA servers. There is 241. Then there are 263 other servers for all other countries total. So when you combine that number, you get get 504 servers overall server for WoW. But the majority of them are low-pop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    they just need a channel for boost ads, an official one, so trade can be for nonboost
    love WoWarcraft

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Being more effective really doesn’t mean any thing when it’s still next to nothing like it was with gold sellers.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

To OP, no legit boosting is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    Terrible idea.

All they need to do is start Battle.net account banning people that advertise in the wrong channels from using chat. Maybe even any merged account on a battle.net.
    How would this solve anything? People will just make new BNet accounts same as making a new wow account.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
    I would say all current servers become non-boost servers, if you are interested in boosting or being boosted you get a free transfer to a boosting server, once on a boosting server you can not go back to a non boosting server. The non boosters would do a great job of policing the servers and discord. I do like the idea of a GMs on servers giving out bans too.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard will not do this. They make too much money off of the boosting community
    You give too much credit for their revenue from subs at this point. Subs are a much smaller part of their income.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    To OP, no legit boosting is fine.

How would this solve anything? People will just make new BNet accounts same as making a new wow account.
    Kinda gave up trying to argue...I mean we got folks advocating for sweatshops for the sake of keeping botters at bay and probably a few people advocating putting a spyware microphone on our authenticator apps just to ban anyone mentioning the word "Boost"

Being more effective really doesn’t mean any thing when it’s still next to nothing like it was with gold sellers.
    Are we now pardoning rapists because people murder? Don't pardon evil with evil.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There is NOT 500 NA servers. There is 241. Then there are 263 other servers for all other countries total. So when you combine that number, you get get 504 servers overall server for WoW. But the majority of them are low-pop.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/status/us
    i got a total of 733, idk how you got 504.
    especially as these dont include the chinese servers.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/status/us
    i got a total of 733, idk how you got 504.
    especially as these dont include the chinese servers.
    I had read an article that I can't find anymore in my allergy med induced delirium but I will say I stand corrected.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Are we now pardoning rapists because people murder? Don't pardon evil with evil.
    you know it would be more like giving rapist community service right? We already know doing so doesn't work so doing the same thing again is pointless.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

you know it would be more like giving rapist community service right? We already know doing so doesn't work so doing the same thing again is pointless.
    oh which HILARIOUSLY we do

I think they shot themselves in the foot by introducing the token.
    Surely it must be alot easier to just outright ban someone advertising gold buying websites as opposed to someone
    advertising boosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
    Let me start this by saying I hate boosting. Boosting will not be going away, with the token its too big of a cash cow for blizzards to give up. What would you think if blizzard set aside servers that made boosting on them an insta ban. They already have servers that cater to specific play styles, pvp and pve servers (classic only), RP servers, why not have boosting servers. The boost / non boost servers would not be able to interact with eachother.
    Make any and all gear of all ilevels achievable and acquirable through Solo means.

There fixed boosting for you.

Players only like boosting beceause it's a quick and easy way to high gear.

Just add another quick and easy way and people will drop boosting.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz