Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    A good reminder of how utterly shit it used to look.
    Actually it shows how gorgeous it was for such an old video at its time and still looking way better than you are trying it to look.

While i actually believe remastered has a different feel, i dont dislike it either. And for the tech used in it, its not that crazy of a difference you are trying to pretend. At least artristically.

That one video hyped the shit out of me back in the day and i still believe it looks great for its age.

hard pass for this, Done it on original diablo 2 and every classes. Why do i need to revisit my nostalgia again? Is it cuz of qql being added and sparks?

...really?

The spoilers ahead, in red?

BWAHAHAHA...

Hard pass. They turned the amazon into a man and removed the dead bodies of concubines in act 2 harem

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Hard pass. They turned the amazon into a man and removed the dead bodies of concubines in act 2 harem
    Do you....not know what Amazons look like in mythology?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Do you... not know what the Amazon looked like in the real D2?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Not the first time the blood/gore has been toned down for a remastered Blizzard game. You can definitely see the difference between the original and "reforged" versions for the WarCraft III introduction cinematic.
    the Dryad's "I'm so wasted" pissed line was also censored off

- - - Updated - - -

anyway; now that D2R has been completed, the Vicarious Visions better start fixing Reforged

ladder? just ask Pat for help with his Warcraft 3 Champions
    graphics? just ask Zorrot for help with his Quenching mod
    custom campaign? ask Zorrot again
    reforged campaign? ask InsaneMonster for making an actual "Reforged" campaign
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

The creators made the model more then 25 years ago and they saw her as a nice looking blond. To turn her into a she-male is not respectful toward the source material.

It is like turning the Orcs in Warcraft suddenly into small weak creature just because they are in other media like Lord of the rings.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2021-09-23 at 06:39 AM.

Do you... not know what the Amazon looked like in the real D2?
    The Amazong in D2 was high sexualized and didn't look like Amazons from mythology

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    The creators made the model more then 25 years ago and they saw her as a nice looking blond. To turn her into a she-male is not respectful toward the source material.

It is like turning the Orcs in Warcraft suddenly into small weak creature just because the in other media like Lord of the rings.
    So if a woman is muscular that makes her a shemale? Are you fucking kidding me?

The Amazong in D2 was high sexualized and didn't look like Amazons from mythology

- - - Updated - - -

It is not only muscular, the face is also looking male.
    It has all the male structures on them if you ever had to draw a face at school you know what I mean.

Last edited by tromage2; 2021-09-23 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    It is not only muscular, the face is also looking male.
    It has all the male structures on them if you ever had to draw a face at school you know what I mean.

So because she doesn't look insanely attractive, that makes her male. Ok. Your sexist attitude would fit right in at Blizzard.

So because she doesn't look insanely attractive, that makes her male. Ok. Your sexist attitude would fit right in at Blizzard.
    No, it is because she look like a man. God I hate 21 century and your pathetic generation of snowflakes.

Quote Originally Posted by natham View Post
    No, it is because she look like a man. God I hate 21 century and your pathetic generation of snowflakes.
    She looks like an average white woman in her 40s.

She looks like an average white woman in her 40s.
    Where the hell do you live???

- - - Updated - - -

1. Good. She wasn't the Amazons from mythology. She was the Amazon from D2.

2. I don't know if you've ever been in the bodybuilding scene, but her facial features perfectly resemble the women that are smashing the test hard.

She looks like a woman in her mid thirties that's lived a hard life, which fits? I don't get the issue.

On the topic of the actual cinematics though: I find the one for act 4 disappointing. The music played a much larger role in the original and is more subdued here, Mephisto is also less animate is his movement compared to the old cinematic.

Act 5 I agree with other posters, Baal's attitude feels different in this, it still works well though imo, just more malevolence in comparison.

1. Good. She wasn't the Amazons from mythology. She was the Amazon from D2.

2. I don't know if you've ever been in the bodybuilding scene, but her facial features perfectly resemble the women that are smashing the test hard.
    The Amazon in D2 was based on the mythology. Straight down to her focus on javelins and bows. Just say you've never read mythology and be done with it. And no her face doesn't look like that. She looks like a woman in her 40s that's seem some shit and that tracks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by natham View Post
    Where the hell do you live???
    Earth? Where do YOU live?

The Amazon in D2 was based on the mythology. Straight down to her focus on javelins and bows. Just say you've never read mythology and be done with it. And no her face doesn't look like that. She looks like a woman in her 40s that's seem some shit and that tracks.

- - - Updated - - -

Earth? Where do YOU live?
    Look like the only woman over 40 you have ever seen is your mother.

The Amazon in D2 was based on the mythology.
    Aren't the amazons on mythology described (and most commonly depicted) as beautiful?

Insisting on the mythology is missing the point though. D2 has a clear representation of the Amazon, independent of whether it matches or not the mythology. D2R is supposed to be faithful to D2, not to mythology. At the moment, in this respect, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Aren't the amazons on mythology described (and most commonly depicted) as beautiful?

Insisting on the mythology is missing the point though. D2 has a clear representation of the Amazon, independent of whether it matches or not the mythology. D2R is supposed to be faithful to D2, not to mythology. At the moment, in this respect, it's not.
    No. they're described as strong women who excelled in horseback riding and archery. They were also said to be as strong and fast as men though often surpassing them. They're also described as being super tall. And I'm pretty sure the reason for the change was to be more in line with mythology and get away from oversexualizing women.