Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Timewalking M+ will either be a massive success or a massive failure.

Legion M+ is a breath of fresh air given the staleness of current retail & hopefully this can be replicated to other expansions going forward. My question to the community is. What do you think will cause Legion+ to Succeed and/or fail?

Here's what I'm hoping for:

- Scaling Mobs Level/Damage UP. If done by scaling the players down it would be near unbalance-able.

- Gear tuning to be the same as current M+ standards but upgradeable to 252 with Valor. Since we can't get items in the vault.

- Unique rewards for participating and completion such as a KSM Legion Timewalking ~ in order to not spit in the face of the people who completed the content current.

I'm excited to see where this goes but apprehensive because Blizzard tends to ruin all good things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

It will be a novelty that might be slightly annoying to balance.
    Last edited by Empower; 2021-09-02 at 12:51 PM.

why does everything have to be black or white (or whatever color pair you like)? There is plenty of ground between abject failure and success.

Yeah, it will be trash - like all other timewalks. Shitty rewards without rewarding gameplay.

Downscaling would be nearly impossible as Legion gear scales linearly throughout it's content. There's basically no way to scale stats appropriately if you downscale.

I'm wondering what effects this'll have on gearing. They've decided to include the Court of Stars instance which, among other items, drops the Jeweled Signet of Melandrus, a ring that is just straight up better than every other ring out there for melee classes as the bonus AA damage doesn't substract from the stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

It would be a perfect way to include cosmetic sets and items.
    But as a weekly event thing, it will be pointless and not worth anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Yeah, it will be trash - like all other timewalks. Shitty rewards without rewarding gameplay.
    You can upgrade the gear with valor though. A few trinkets from Legion comes to mind as being useful now at 246 ilvl.
    Hi

It's simply adding more esports to the game which is not good.

The idea of timewalking gear being bis would not be a good choice.

What happens when a specific trinket from timewalking is your bis? do you need to wait months each patch for that timewalking to come around, then grind out said trinket? What about next patch, or next xpac, is this trinket just at the risk of being your class' eternal trinket? That doesn't sound very interesting, just farming out the exact same trinket 7 xpacs in a row, patch after patch.

Having timewalking gear scale up to a point of relevancy could be fun, but it should probably not go beyond hc raid levels. Or they could just remove unique effects like trinkets from the loot table, and then its largely irrelevant how far it scales.

I don't think it's an either or.

But, the gear should not be as high level as regular mythic+. Not with the current no-agency loot system that leaves everything to luck.

In particular trinkets that may become BiS for some specs and the sort.

A couple things you may have missed in the notes is that the timewalking M+ will be max level (60) and offer identical item levels to current M+. They will also count toward your vault for the week and your rating. So timing a +9 will get you a 226 (off the top of my head, I'm not looking at the table) and open that up in the vault. If it is your 4th M+ for the week in any dungeon, you get 2 choices instead. And so on.

Now, if the in-dungeon rewards are max-level versions of legion gear, then you'll want to know what options there are and potentially farm those for the week if any are BiS. This assumes you're either at that level of raiding requirements, or you feel like you should be even if you aren't.

Should be tuned as the BFA prepatch where everyone could do +30s. Anything other than that means it will cause a shitstorm as this will be available like once per 6 months for a week, all bonuses should also be turned off (like COS ring) and trinkets/effects tuned down.

i think its gonna be fun, but nothing groundbreaking.
    its important that they balance the loot tho.
    like the +10% auto attack dmg ring from court of stars needs a nerf, otherwise itll be omega bis.
    idm if theres some "pre mythic raid" bis gear from legion m+. infact, itll be kinda cool if old content can still have some sorta small relevance.

There will certainly be trinkets that will be sought after. I am disappointed we didn't get nighthold or tomb raids. IMHO we need a raid released Everytime we get a new round of of the time walking event. All dungeons should also be available.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    There will certainly be trinkets that will be sought after. I am disappointed we didn't get nighthold or tomb raids. IMHO we need a raid released Everytime we get a new round of of the time walking event. All dungeons should also be available.
    Given previous releases, we're actually due for the MoP timewalking raid, which likely will be Throne of Thunder, as it has been the middle raid of the expac each time. It would probably be released in either 9.2 or 9.2.5.

Timewalking Dungeons = 2 expansions back, 5-6 dungeons chosen by general popularity/complexity, usually near the start of the expansion or soon after (such as 9.1.5), relatively speaking.

Timewalking Raids = 4 expansions back, so far middle raid each time, usually around mid-expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Timewalking rewards are great though? In fact the gear used to be even better, the community complained they'd have to wait until months for the next time walking to come around for pieces that were niche better than some Heroic dungeons trinkets

It is going to be a massive failure because people that are not being forced to farm BiS are going to cry a river that now they can't get BiS if they miss Legion Timewalking event that may have a single piece of loot that could potentially be their BiS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Downscaling would be nearly impossible as Legion gear scales linearly throughout it's content. There's basically no way to scale stats appropriately if you downscale.

I'm wondering what effects this'll have on gearing. They've decided to include the Court of Stars instance which, among other items, drops the Jeweled Signet of Melandrus, a ring that is just straight up better than every other ring out there for melee classes as the bonus AA damage doesn't substract from the stats.
    Like I said, these forums will start a shit storm of how this is the worst idea ever cause they are forced to do the content or can't get BiS...or have such a long wait time before their chances for BiS etc. etc. while in reality no one but themselves requires them to have such a ring and it will be a fun thing to do and nice way to get loot for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    The idea of timewalking gear being bis would not be a good choice.

What happens when a specific trinket from timewalking is your bis? do you need to wait months each patch for that timewalking to come around, then grind out said trinket? What about next patch, or next xpac, is this trinket just at the risk of being your class' eternal trinket? That doesn't sound very interesting, just farming out the exact same trinket 7 xpacs in a row, patch after patch.

Having timewalking gear scale up to a point of relevancy could be fun, but it should probably not go beyond hc raid levels. Or they could just remove unique effects like trinkets from the loot table, and then its largely irrelevant how far it scales.
    Maybe that's a problem for Hall of Fame guilds but 99% of the playerbase its a NON ISSUE other than "ME WANT, ME NEED...No one will invite me to group because no BiS" -Gets carried to AOTC CasualAndy
    Last edited by Imurbandaid; 2021-09-02 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

24 trinkets (6x4), the melandrus ring and no possible set bonuses cause arcway is not there. *Correct* dungeon choices by blizz, as I can see. Arcway/HoV and MoS/lower Kara fall way outside expected dungeon length. Plus like no one likely would ever run Seat given the requirement to get our keys during that week (meaning you aren’t forced to run it cause you randomly got a key, loads of people hate that place).

A fun addition to the game but not something that will drove people crazy. Just fixate on the 2-3 dungeons you want and then be done.

Lol somehow noticed autocorrect put corvette. And I added more.
    Last edited by Couchpotato2013; 2021-09-02 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    The gear cannot show up in your GV and is capped at 246. It's literally exactly how you just described it.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    24 trinkets (6x4), the melandrus ring and no possible set bonuses cause arcway is not there. Corvette dungeon choices by blizz.

A fun addition to the game but not something that will drove people crazy. Just fixate on the 2-3 dungeons you want and then be done.
    The first comments on every post about this popping up is already complaining about the ring. This is definitely something that is going to drive people crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.