Thread: Mage Blue Fire

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mage Blue Fire

Similar to the Warlock Green Fire quest chain, why not give mages a quest chain to unlock blue fire for their fire spells.

Have the mage player go on a quest to locate a blue dragon who's unlocked the secrets of blue fire magic. You must defeat her in fire spec so that you may prove yourself worthy of her knowledge.

Here's the kicker...

Have the dragon be called Azulagosa and be voiced by Grey DeLisle, who's already voiced characters across both Diablo 3 and WoW.

You may not get these references if you haven't watched Avatar the Last Airbender, shame on you, but I'm sure mage players would enjoy blue fire nonetheless.

Would be kinda cool and has been suggest every now and then for years (they even have most icons in blue already). That being said, it doesn't reign high on priorities right now. Currently it also wouldn't really fit in the expansion.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Would be kinda cool and has been suggest every now and then for years (they even have most icons in blue already). That being said, it doesn't reign high on priorities right now. Currently it also wouldn't really fit in the expansion.
    The green fire quest didn't fit the main story of MoP. They are a small indie company so you're right about priorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Similar to the Warlock Green Fire quest chain, why not give mages a quest chain to unlock blue fire for their fire spells.

Have the mage player go on a quest to locate a blue dragon who's unlocked the secrets of blue fire magic. You must defeat her in fire spec so that you may prove yourself worthy of her knowledge.

Here's the kicker...

Have the dragon be called Azulagosa and be voiced by Grey DeLisle, who's already voiced characters across both Diablo 3 and WoW.

You may not get these references if you haven't watched Avatar the Last Airbender, shame on you, but I'm sure mage players would enjoy blue fire nonetheless.
    Truly would wish to see a Frostfire design, it was so underworked.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Only if they give Warlocks purple fire. Can't have Mages with the same amount of fires as Warlocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Here's the kicker...

I'd hit my butt in the ceiling if that happened, my cousin is using the name Azula even. But I'm afraid Mage blue fire falls into the "too fun to add" category that they don't spend resources on. It took a huge PR scandal for them to reverse stance and decide to actually do a few things players wanted for years.

Blue fire would be dope. So would red light for more crusade-y paladins, or void light for void elf holy/disc priests. Or holy fire for lightforged mages.

Blue Fire, Frostfire, and Shadowfrost are all good concepts for mage spec skins, but I really doubt Blizz will bother making this kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I'd hit my butt in the ceiling if that happened, my cousin is using the name Azula even. But I'm afraid Mage blue fire falls into the "too fun to add" category that they don't spend resources on. It took a huge PR scandal for them to reverse stance and decide to actually do a few things players wanted for years.
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time. You need to learn the ability to distinguish between self and others. Most people learn this at 2.

I think all of the specs should get a colour upgrade. Not necessarily a quest line. Should take less resources but affect more people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Blue fire would be dope, I'd also like some sort of permanent light form for holy priests. As said already above there are a bunch of things they could add that would be quite cool.

Might be neat but I can get why it likely wont have the same attention as green fire. That is far more involved then hotter fire.

I always thought Twilight fire would work for mages. Questline practically writes itself, small group of twilight's hammer cultists out there in old world, cooking up some potent ascendancy for their boss that you fight. Kirin Tor sends you out to investigate and after killing the guy you steal the power upgrade and get a new Dalaran themed title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why stop there? Why not have purple consecrations? Green death & decay? Orange healing rain? Brown prayer of mending? Pink lava bursts?

None of these are any worse suggestions than blue fire for mages (particularly when you consider only one spec of mage uses it.)

Sure, but only if I get rainbow light for my paladin.

It's a virtue signalling class after all, makes perfect sense to flash rainbows.

Sorry, but Warlocks are the main character of WoW, not Mages.

Git gud, Int-buffbots.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Here's the kicker...

this would be very cool, and would fit an expansion set on the Dragon Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    Blue fire would be dope. So would red light for more crusade-y paladins, or void light for void elf holy/disc priests. Or holy fire for lightforged mages.
    Light offensive caster would be cool, but I'd hope to see a spec reworked for it, if not a new class, instead of color variation. Mage is quite iconic for the arcane domain, but for example Discipline and Holy Priest specs can be made into one and you can retain both of their gameplay via distinct talent choices, then free up the space for offensive Light for Priest.

Generally the whole thing with colors and class skins seem to come from community ideas that seek variety at the cost of minimal development effort. It is a bit sad even, it's like desperately throwing ideas to beg Blizzo to bring something new now that for a second expansion it lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time. You need to learn the ability to distinguish between self and others. Most people learn this at 2.

I think all of the specs should get a colour upgrade. Not necessarily a quest line. Should take less resources but affect more people.
    Wherever you came from, you're amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Was kinda hoping that joining a covenant would tint your spells with their respective signature colors. But that probably would've cost the game an entire Raid Tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Blue fire would be dope, I'd also like some sort of permanent light form for holy priests. As said already above there are a bunch of things they could add that would be quite cool.
    I love how the Apotheosis form looks. I'd kill...every gnome in the game if they made it a stance sort of thing, rather than short cd. Hell, goblins and furfoxes too. I'm feeling generous on the sacrificial front.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2021-09-23 at 06:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    These types of things are a real no-brainer when it comes to extra customization. And they should also be piss easy to implement. They went extra mile with race customization, so why not do a simple colour change?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.