Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    In the last 6 leagues, I had 1 league, where I couldn't finish the campaign in the first 6 hours after the official release. And that wasn't because of server issues, but because GGG failed with their release preps. I'm sure I wasn't the lucky chosen one allowed to play.
    This might be hard to believe but your not the only person in the world. Just look at the huge fuss that went up with Ultimatum and streamers getting priority while most couldn't play.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I can only repeat myself. I had none of these issues. From time to time, I had a disconnect shortly after league start, that put me back in a 5-minute login queue, but that 5-minute downtime is nowhere near to be comparable to what blizzard does. If this had been the average PoE league I would be in yellow maps right now. Meanwhile, D2R had more downtime/rollbacks than you could actually play. A complete shit show.
    Well then can't we also say we had zero problems with running Diablo 2 on old bnet, and that the issues of server issues for D2R is also considered highly rare and pin-pointed? You're comparing the situation to your personal anecdote of running PoE fine more than not, so that wouldn't be much different than me pointing out that D2's run fine for me more often than it's been broken.

D2R's only been out for less than a day and you're putting it on blast when we're all aware that this is a first-day launch situation, and not some patch update or new season for the game. Yeah, it's gonna have downtime and rollbacks, cuz it's a new game using new servers using new infrastructure.

I mean once PoE2 launches, would you be completely angry and surprised if the servers weren't all up and running perfectly day 1? Well, you can be angry if you choose to, but any day1 server issues really shouldn't be surprising nor should it be compared to how well (or badly) original PoE servers were run, because it's ultimately different servers, different game.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-23 at 09:40 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That you have to pinpoint a single league start, that didn't work well, proofs my point. For Blizzard, it's the opposite.
    Ultimatum
    Ritual
    Heist
    Delirium
    Blight
    Legion
    Synthesis

that's 7 out of the last 10 leagues that had issues no one has to pinpoint a single league.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost levels on the first set of server crashes/rollbacks, and then another big batch of levels on the second, then got myself a nice ol refund and a whole lot more free time on the coming week. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ultimatum
    Ritual
    Heist
    Delirium
    Blight
    Legion
    Synthesis

that's 7 out of the last 10 leagues that had issues no one has to pinpoint a single league.
    Ritual - maps after 6 hours
    Heist - maps after 6 hours
    Delirium - maps after 6 hours
    Blight - maps after 6 hours
    Ultimatum - quit after 3 hours of downtime

Meanwhile, D2R 6 hours after launch? Or any other blizzard game? If you asked me yesterday where I see myself rn in D2R 8-9~ hours after release, I would say we could consider ourselves lucky if the servers are running. Btw the same goes for D4 that comes in 2 years or whatever. You can quote me here. On the other hand, I expect to be in maps at this point when PoE2 launches. Worlds apart.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    In the past decade tell me which Blizzard game you are referring too. Because from my pov blizz releases unfinished games lol
    Why do you think the game is unfinished? Network issues have almost nothing to do with whether a game is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    Lost levels on the first set of server crashes/rollbacks, and then another big batch of levels on the second, then got myself a nice ol refund and a whole lot more free time on the coming week. :P
    lol people are in such a rush and a tissy over this game it's absurd... All I hear is people screaming "PERFECTION NOW OR I QUIT!"
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-09-23 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. I have no clue if D2 is ''polished'' or not as I haven't played it nor bought it (since I never said anythign about D2 specifically, but you like to put words in people's mouths), but based on their track record I am going to assume no until they prove otherwise, and threads like this sure don't help lol.
    Well, to be frank, what games are considered comparable to D2R's situation, and are finished and polished day 1 in comparison? Talking about new games or remakes like this. I think most people here are pretty on spot talking about new games having day 1 issues, especially if they're highly anticipated or popular and require a server to play on.

Even the old RTS games weren't exactly polished on day 1 release, and I bought and played them when they came out. They were very playable and very good quality, but day 1 server issues and bugs always existed even back then. The difference was you usually spent your time playing offline through the 'campaign' until those server issues were resolved, but if you ever tried to day1 multiplay with your buddies, then good luck that was usually a shit show.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This is one of the reasons why I decided to wait a week before buying. Gotta make sure they're gonna fix crap like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also it will not launch if you have an older CPU that doesnt support AVX, just like Cyperpunk had, blizzard are working on a fix for that as well.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Not going to buy this until ladder, and this I guess is an effective showcase of WHY they are waiting with ladder release in the first place.

I could log in as soon as it hit 00.00 for me. Played for an hour without any problems. I logged in from Japan to ''Americas'' servers.

I can only repeat myself. I had none of these issues. From time to time, I had a disconnect shortly after league start, that put me back in a 5-minute login queue, but that 5-minute downtime is nowhere near to be comparable to what blizzard does. If this had been the average PoE league I would be in yellow maps right now. Meanwhile, D2R had more downtime/rollbacks than you could actually play. A complete shit show.
    By your logic D2R launch is flawless because after all some people are able to play. So whats the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    By your logic D2R launch is flawless because after all some people are able to play. So whats the problem?
    Official BlizzardCS said servers were down. I wonder how people played when the servers were offline. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    But Ritual was almost as bad as Ultimatum. Rest was not perfect also, constant DCS, short rollbacks and lag spikes. How many fuked league starts you need to admit PoE wasn't better with league launches?
    I don't think I've ever had an issue free league launch.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Official BlizzardCS said servers were down. I wonder how people played when the servers were offline. Interesting.
    I played all night with an offline character, pause works there, no interest in multiplayer, I had a blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    You wanted it enough to buy it but only if you could play it on the first day?

If you had that money to spend and were planning on spending that much time in the game this week why not just sleep on it and pick it up the next day? Presumably you wanted to play the game enough to buy it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    And today my level 11 char is totally gone. This game is stable :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    And today my level 11 char is totally gone. This game is stable :P
    The servers are just overloaded because you know, Blizzard

Error 37, Error 3006...

People clearly don’t understand the magnitude of players all trying to log in and play at once... you expect blizzard, or any company for that matter, to shell out all that extra money it would require to handle the massive amount of people trying to log in at once?

It doesn’t make sense. Why spend the money to have a “smooth” launch, when the issue will only persist for a day or three while the hype dies down.