Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My main (when I was playing) is a BM Hunter, and could really use both the bow and the quiver. I too would have rather Rae'Shalar be a reward from a quest, than a rare drop from Sylvanas.

However, I believe it would have been better to have death-themed weapon drops for all classes. They could all be legendary-grade and have unique effects just as Rae'Shalar does. The quests could've been unique too, depending on the class/spec.

OMG wouldnt you want to automaticaly receive the bow to your inventory after login? Geez....

It's a loot and loot has been random since vanilla. Stop being such a cry baby about it.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Nah, sorry bro but you are wrong. Rather than quest chain for one class they could add a quest chain for everyone to enjoy and it's a fact, no matter how dumb allegories you gonna try and spin here.
    You are completely missing/ignoring the point he made.
    What you have written doesn't have anything to do with what he said.

Yes, they could've made a quest chain for everyone.
    But that doesn't mean the legendary bow is something worth to be "happy about".

It's just a random boss drop that has absolutely no special flavor/fluff or value in that regard.

It's not comparable to Atiesh or Shadowmourne.
    That guy he was quoting basically said "be happy that the raid has a ranged weapon you can loot, so you aren't stuck with your bow from the last raid".

There is a fist weapon, a spear, a dagger, a 2h sword with effects. They could have had "orange names" too and no one would feel more lucky or have more fun because of it.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-01 at 12:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread could have been avoided by changing the colour of it.

Then nobody would have gave a shit. The irony is everyone's making a big deal out of no quest line to assemble a weapon you're literally picking up off an unconscious person based on the fact it's orange while disregarding the fact that oranges haven't been a big deal since Cataclysm.

Every player has had a "legendary" every expansion since. They're not a big deal anymore. You're wearing one to kill her.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-11-30 at 10:03 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Spending so much time on a quest only one class out of 12 can see is waste of resources.
    You mean like with Fangs of the Father?

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    rogue daggers says high
    Yes and that was the last time iirc that that did that. Expansion 4...

You'd have a point about rogue daggers if they were in WoD or something more recent maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    You mean like with Fangs of the Father?
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    rogue daggers says high
    And that was how many years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    This is the same community that lost their shit because bosses in TBC heroics dropped items with purple text.

"omfg free epics from dungeons, what a casual shitshow of a game!"

I expected nothing less here.
    At least with epics it made the enchanting economy different.

Spending so much time on a quest only one class out of 12 can see is waste of resources.
    You mean like warlocks entire questline for green fire? Or are you just going to pretend that questline doesn't exist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    why? because its an item that drops from sylvanas. laziness, get over it. if you want it, actually play the game and go get it. wow is a different game than tbc. if you want tbc go play it with whatever people still bother with it.
    How did you bypass the less than 5% drop chance so you could just "go get it"?

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    why? because its an item that drops from sylvanas. laziness, get over it. if you want it, actually play the game and go get it. wow is a different game than tbc. if you want tbc go play it with whatever people still bother with it.
    TBC had RNG legendaries drop mate, Warglaives, Hunter bow...
    Apply brain before posting

Because the bow was a regular epic drop right until the last ptr build. They only turned it into a legendary because of popular demand, causing a banch of issues in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You mean like warlocks entire questline for green fire? Or are you just going to pretend that questline doesn't exist?
    The idea of class exlusive content has been discontinued since... Because it was a mistake. Great example you got there mate. Why would I pretend it doesn't exist btw?

Like, look how dumb your argument is. Warfronts were discounted because they were a mistake. Scenarios. Island expeditions. Garrisons. Just because something was in the game at any point doesn't mean its a good idea to put it in again

That did not hinter them to do similar things in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by dread05 View Post
    Because the bow was a regular epic drop right until the last ptr build. They only turned it into a legendary because of popular demand, causing a banch of issues in the meantime.
    it was a legendary in its first implementation, then changed to epic when they changed the effect.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Does anyone who plays BM or MM deliberately not pursue getting this "legendary" bow? The "The Philosopher" bow from SoA seems to be a decent alternative, if acquired at a decent level.

Cause it's an item limited to 2 specs of 1 class, thus a waste of resources.

And no, legendaries from 4 expansions ago don't make a good argument, since the development priorities (and thus what is considered a waste of resources) have changed drastically since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Cause it's an item limited to 2 specs of 1 class, thus a waste of resources.

And no, legendaries from 4 expansions ago don't make a good argument, since the development priorities (and thus what is considered a waste of resources) have changed drastically since then.

I think your argument is even worse.

It's not a waste of ressources just because it's limited to a fraction of a playerbase.

The very fact that we have classes, covenants, orderhalls, legendary weapons with their questlines tell a different story and show that development priorities didn't change drastically at all.
    Legion artifacts are from 2 expansion ago. Every spec had it's own quest line. And it was enjoyable.
    Shadowlands has Covenants and you were locked in them for the most part, so you were more likely only going to discover the other storylines if you made a new character. That wasn't judged as a "waste of ressources" either when you consider that they could've gone without all that.

Not to mention that there are ways to include group content and the story itself to other classes/specs as well.

It's just a bad decision overall and pure lazyness. Or rather, their budget is so low that they don't want to invest into anything remotely playerfriendly/unique anymore, doesn't mean it would be wasted though.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-11-10 at 09:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I think your argument is even worse.

It's not a waste of ressources just because it's limited to a fraction of a playerbase.

The very fact that we have classes, covenants, orderhalls, legendary weapons with their questlines tell a different story and show that development priorities didn't change drastically at all.
    Legion artifacts are from 2 expansion ago. Every spec had it's own quest line. And it was enjoyable.
    Shadowlands has Covenants and you were locked in them for the most part, so you were more likely only going to discover the other storylines if you made a new character. That wasn't judged as a "waste of ressources" either when you consider that they could've gone without all that.

Not to mention that there are ways to include group content and the story itself to other classes/specs as well.

It's just a bad decision overall and pure lazyness. Or rather, their budget is so low that they don't want to invest into anything remotely playerfriendly/unique anymore, doesn't mean it would be wasted though.
    The colour of an item does not determine what effort is put into it. Greens, blues and purples have had quest content linked to them in the past. This is a case of picking an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    The colour of an item does not determine what effort is put into it. Greens, blues and purples have had quest content linked to them in the past. This is a case of picking an argument.
    So.. what's your point?
    I mean, in that quote, where exactly did I say that legendaries get more effort put in than other items?
    My point was that just because only 2 specs can use it, doesn't mean it's wasting ressources if they'd choose to make it a questline instead of just a plain drop.
    So frankly, I have no idea why you quoted me there and why you were making that statement.

But if you want to go that route:

So far legendaries usually had lore attached to it. The dropped bows keep having none, 2/2 now.
    They were always considered something very special. Most of them included long and special questlines as well and involved not just the player who has it, but the whole raid.
    This however? It's boring, I see no reason to put emphasise on this bow in form of a special "rarity/class" if it doesn't do anything more special than the other epic weapons in the same raid. Obviously the devs decided to make it a Legendary for some reason? But why? It's a bow that doesn't exist in lore.

I mean... the epic SoD 2h sword has voicelines
    What's so special about this? Just for the on use effect? Why do all the other weapons not get the same treatment?
    I think it's pretty cheap and very disappointing
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-12-02 at 08:44 PM.

Because it's just like any other epic with orange color and 1 added ability. no extra item ilvl (drops on sylvanas ilvl loot table) which will be replaced by 1st HC weapon in 9.2.