Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Knowing blizzard you would have a BP on top of a monthly sub and paid expansions
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

soooo.... basically you are suggesting paying less for the same we get now, but with a f2p option thats 1 patch behind?

think there are too many 1 patch/1 expansion behind players for blizz to go for something like that.

I would pay whatever they wanted if my social circle returned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battles passes: An invention that somehow manages to be worse than lootboxes.

Hard no from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Sub price for 4 to 6 months is equivalent to the battle pass (it can be broken down into monthly access payments)

Gives access to the newest patch cycle content, expansions would no longer be core progression of the story.but standalone patches which act on azeroth / other worlds / planes we have already visited. So basically cataclysm treatment in 6 month cycles, which you pay to have access to. Access would include typical benefits of a subscription, but the f2p model would become less restricted for someone not wanting to do the most recent content, such as

New pvp season
    Newest raid
    Latest zones to be revisited in the patch cycle.

It wouldn't necessarily be a do away with expansion developments, but a time in wow where the story ping pongs around the map twice a year to round off edges that don't deserve an entire expansion to explain but still deserve growing before wows story develops deeper into cosmic forces
    Im not so sure. I bet many, like me, have let the sub keep going even though we havent been playing wow alot. Sometimes we(I) forget about it cause its "just" 15 dollars, barely notice it. Im pretty sure I have more months not playing at all with sub going, than being unsubbed and not playing since I started playing wow all those years ago.

When it comes to battle passes - They have it in CoD and often times it has made me just not playing the game at all, cause I cant justify a 40-50 dollar purchase for, in the end, the same stuff. I bought the base game at launch - why should I keep on shelling out 40-50 dollars every now and then for a game that relaunches itself every year?

10+ Year Old Account
    absolutely fucking not.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is up with people wanting to implement even more shitty business practices into WoW? Leave WoW's payment model alone lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    You literally say you're happy to pay $80-90 to not even play WoW for half a year, but balk at paying $40-50 to play new content in CoD every year?

I mean, "I bought the base game at launch - why should I keep on shelling out" is the basic premise of WoW's financial model.
    Yes, and thats my point. Its stupid as hell, but i've forgotten or havent cared about unsubbing many times even though I havent touched wow in months at a time. But, when I log into a game like Warzone(CoD) and see I can buy battle pass for 40 euros, I often dont bother with it and steer away.

Im pretty sure im not alone on this, on just letting my sub run without it needing to. In CoD you dont just spend 40-50 dollars on the game, you gotta buy battle passes a couple of times every year to have the newest stuff(maps etc). It costs much more

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Sub price for 4 to 6 months is equivalent to the battle pass (it can be broken down into monthly access payments)

Gives access to the newest patch cycle content, expansions would no longer be core progression of the story.but standalone patches which act on azeroth / other worlds / planes we have already visited. So basically cataclysm treatment in 6 month cycles, which you pay to have access to. Access would include typical benefits of a subscription, but the f2p model would become less restricted for someone not wanting to do the most recent content, such as

New pvp season
    Newest raid
    Latest zones to be revisited in the patch cycle.

It wouldn't necessarily be a do away with expansion developments, but a time in wow where the story ping pongs around the map twice a year to round off edges that don't deserve an entire expansion to explain but still deserve growing before wows story develops deeper into cosmic forces
    I think this is a great idea to help me avoid playing this game and helping a lot more people avoid paying and playing this game. I'm happy that Blizzard...I mean you are trying to come up with ideas to stop the addiction of WoW and I hope you continue coming up with ideas like this. Keep it up and we can get people like Bobby "nodick" Kotick out of gaming and doing what he is best at, which is bad acting in overrated movies.

Oh, I'm absolutely sure you're not the only person who does that. I just don't get the concept of doing something like that while simultaneously being against paying for actual content rather than simple access, which is all you get for the sub in WoW, in other games with a different financial model.

I can't really speak for CoD, since I don't play it, but in both Fortnite and Apex Legends the battlepasses cost about $10 and last about three months. So over the course of a year that's about $40. With WoW you also don't just pay for the server access via subscription, which totals out at about $165 per year, you also pay for biannual expansions which can add about another $20-$50 per year depending on how fancy you want to get with the expansion.

Also, with both Fortnite and Apex you don't get maps or any of the content with the battlepass. You can actually play the entire game completely for free, if you choose, and never spend a penny on it because the battlepasses only reward cosmetics. Again, it may be different with CoD, I don't know.

Maybe I'm just missing something about your position, but it really seems like you're saying you're happy to piss money away for nothing so long as it's Blizzard via WoW that's getting that money, but you refuse to spend money on any other payment model other than a subscription? I dunno.
    I can happily admit I used to do it, but not anymore. I only keep my sub for the months I actually play. Like now, im unsubbed and will stay so. I was just trying to highlight why Blizzard might find it worth sticking to subs cause many enough people just let the sub run.

Yes, some battlepasses only includes cosmetics and stuff you dont really need. In warzone its fine cause it only reward that, but in other games you gotta pay it to get access to new maps etc.

If wow were to have a battlepass as most other do, that would mean we buy the xpac(s) and the passes only give Tmog & mounts. The thing is - the cool skins etc usually is hidden behind these battlepasses and in game stuff suffers.

Maybe Blizzard would be forced down the battlepass route if most people actually unsubbed quickly after the first month(s) of playing new content. I do this now and if I would guess, I dont sub for more than 6 months pr year.

Either battle pass/seasonial/premium or subscription. I prefer sub for obv reasons.

To address the second point in this sentence, I would posit that this is already the case in WoW, and pretty much all subscription-based MMOs. The best-looking mounts, outside of rated PvP mounts, are to be found on the cash shop. I think it's just a matter of time before some of the best mogs are going to be found there as well. It's just the way the industry works now ... put a few nice things in-game to entice people to play then hook them with most of the nice stuff available on a shop for an additional purchase.
    True, we are getting there slowly but steadily in wow. I would argue we are already there with mounts. So many of the store mounts are rather cool and unique!

We only have a couple of Tmog sets to buy, but I see no reason why it would stop there.

But in the end - I'd prefer to buy xpac and sub for the time i'll play than a battle pass. Back before I bothered to actually unsub, I would probably save money with a battle pass system. But now I unsub quickly, so its cheaper that way. I dont really care about store items either.

For some reason, I was thinking about this when walking the dog earlier.

Wondered if they'd introduce a "Blizzard Pass" in the near future, where for X dollars, you get bonuses across the titles.

Now, please don't take these numbers as gospel or anything, just figures plucked from thin air, but say... $30/month and that gets you:

* WARCRAFT: WoW Retail + Classic: 30-day Subscription
    * HEARTHSTONE: X amount of latest expansion packs to open every 30 days, plus a monthly cardback
    * HOTS: Never played it so no idea, but IDK... a new skin each month?
    * OVERWATCH: Again, never played, but some sprays, maybe choice of a new skin to unlock
    * DIABLO: Idk, some lootbox items. Only ever played D3 on console but must be SOMETHING... cosmetics, +xp boosts or +dmg 2-hour potions
    * ARCADE: All of that
    * BLIZZARD: $2 into your Blizzard Bucks account, save 'em up over however long you want and drop it on a new mount in WoW, game service, buy a token, whatever.
    Last edited by Falkeshall; 2021-09-29 at 04:21 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    No. Also, expansions should not require being purchased separately (I feel the same way for FF14), they should just come with the sub fee.

Delete this before they read it.

Sure, if the content is worth the money I'd definitely do that.

It just sounds like the current model with extra stages.